i feel like i'm the only one here... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i feel like i'm the only one here...

I would like to be a fly on the wall to see who all the 10 schools are/were that were seeking ACC entrance. This thing (nationally) is far from over.

My guess at the list (some we know are fact)

SU
Pitt
UConn
Rutgers
Louisville
Villanova
Texas
Texas Tech
Notre Dame
Kansas

Every NJ recruit has the BTN? Didn't know that. I bet any kid that goes to a B10 school will get it though.

It's on Verizon, it's on Direct TV, I think...point being is that this isnt 1985 with the games on 2 over the air channels and ESPN.

NJ is in our 6 hour focus. All schools look at that for accessibility. Plus it is more than just NJ it is also metro NY. While those schools already recruit NJ and metro NY, now they would be able to tell kids who go to say a Michigan, that all of their games will be on TV in NJ for friends and family can watch. It's not like they will now focus more on NJ than Michigan/Ohio, but it will be increased and cumulatively across the whole B10 it will be significant.

B1G is already setting up games in Meadowlands without Rutgers. I have a hard time believing that will change anything. Its still an X hour drive from Mich to NYC. Plus B1G already comes into CNY and takes what they want.

I counter the best way to counter the B1G is to shed rutgers. Too many mouths to feed and not enough recruits. The best way to combat B1G is to get the teams in the NE as good or better.