I feel so old... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I feel so old...

When I was a freshman, Ernie Davis was our running back. Ooops... wrong sport.
Wow, Ernie Davis, that does date you a bit. ;) I felt old watching that game because I realized I was out of college in 87 so I'm older than Alford and Donovan. I felt old yesterday when the radio host was talking about when he went to UD back in 1995. A few minutes later he was bemoaning that he'd been out of school for 19 years I thought he'd mispoke, until I did the math in my head. The older I get the weirder the old timeline gets. Like I can't believe I started high school only 3 years after Vietnam ended. I started high school 36 years ago. 36 years before I started high school WWII was still going on. WWII was ancient history when I started high school which seems like yesterday sometimes. Weird.

You know what would be fun in the spirit of aging? If we did a historical game write up series. Maybe start in the 70s or whatever and do a game write up with player performance etc and do at least one or more each year up until current. Would take a while and we would need a lot of participants to make it work.. just trying to think of something fun and nostalgic while other teams fight for a ff birth and we wait through another off -season. I would open the thread if there is interest and go from there.

... watching this UCLA/Florida game.

I remember when both Billy Donovan and Steve Alford were players... in 1987, no less. We played them in successive games in the 1987 Final Four.

Welcome to the club cto. :)

Old enough to blow that clay crap out of my nose after a game at Manley.

A lot of us are.
Do you remember Roy's Runts? If so you probably have an AARP card.
yeppers...that's when I was @ SU..."Sweet D" aka Dennis Duval, Rudy Hackett, jimmy Lee, Mike Lee, Dooooooooooooooms, etc, etc

yeppers...that's when I was @ SU..."Sweet D" aka Dennis Duval, Rudy Hackett, jimmy Lee, Mike Lee, Dooooooooooooooms, etc, etc
I was not in college yet, but I had a Doctorate degree in sneaking into Manley although Archibold was much easier.

Good thing he wasn't upstairs of you, those size 22 dogs woulda made the ceiling shake.
One of the funniest things I ever saw was him getting out of the front seat of a VW bug.

I remember playing St. Johns and Sonny Dove at Manley and when the cheerleaders announced his name to begin game they let a number of doves/pigeons out of a cage that flew around inside Manley. I heard that some of the birds were there till summer.
th

One of the funniest things I ever saw was him getting out of the front seat of a VW bug.
His size 22 puppies are in the Basketball HOF in Springfield.

... watching this UCLA/Florida game.

I remember when both Billy Donovan and Steve Alford were players... in 1987, no less. We played them in successive games in the 1987 Final Four.

I used to work with Andy Rautin's grandfather and remember BEFORE Andy was born. Plus he's been out of school for a few years!

I was not in college yet, but I had a Doctorate degree in sneaking into Manley although Archibold was much easier.
Archbold was great! You could get a pass, walk the campus at half time, come back.
A wonderful place on a warm late Summer day.

And the Miller brothers. Sean at Pitt with "send it home" Jerome Lane etc - Archie at NC St. Wonder how secure Gottfried is at NC State.

My grandfather told me all about that '87 team.:rolleyes:
Did Sean Miller go right from playing the point at Pitt for 15 years to coaching Arizona?

The brothers have been a major thorn in our collective side.

Wow, Ernie Davis, that does date you a bit. ;) I felt old watching that game because I realized I was out of college in 87 so I'm older than Alford and Donovan. I felt old yesterday when the radio host was talking about when he went to UD back in 1995. A few minutes later he was bemoaning that he'd been out of school for 19 years I thought he'd mispoke, until I did the math in my head. The older I get the weirder the old timeline gets. Like I can't believe I started high school only 3 years after Vietnam ended. I started high school 36 years ago. 36 years before I started high school WWII was still going on. WWII was ancient history when I started high school which seems like yesterday sometimes. Weird.
I think the same way.
Then I did the smart thing: I stopped thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom