I gained a new respect for Tommy DeVito today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I gained a new respect for Tommy DeVito today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster is saying that Devito is a good person and Harris is a bad person.

I got it now. The way it read to me originally was there was something he (TD) posted that was medical/personal in nature. I was completely off base and just happy it wasn’t what I was thinking.

We desperately need the other guys skill set and TD desperately needs better WRs than what he’s been given to be a viable option. Still a good P5 caliber QB and I’m happy to have him as a backup.

Wish we acknowledged the fit or lack of before the year.

Like Taj TD probably should have rolled the dice elsewhere and tried to beat someone out. Imagine if he went to Ohio St he’s the starter over Stroud throwing to Olave and Wilson.

if he was hurt as a FR when he RS and they documented it they might give him that yr back. you never know.

Yeah. If he succeeds next stop he could even move to a third big name school.

Its Schraders job and if we need to play another QB next 3 weeks I want Tommy. If a move has to be made after that depending on our record and where we are Morgan with less than 4 games to go probably makes the most sense for everyone.

We desperately need the other guys skill set and TD desperately needs better WRs than what he’s been given to be a viable option. Still a good P5 caliber QB and I’m happy to have him as a backup.

Wish we acknowledged the fit or lack of before the year.

Like Taj TD probably should have rolled the dice elsewhere and tried to beat someone out. Imagine if he went to Ohio St he’s the starter over Stroud throwing to Olave and Wilson.
That's quite a lot of imagination!

The poster is saying that Devito is a good person and Harris is a bad person.
I am?

I have no idea what kind of people they are. I don't know them personally. And this post wasn't about Harris at all?

I guess it’s a sign of the times, but I’m not throwing praises for things people are supposed to do.
I'm pretty confused about this as well. Oh you didn't quit like a piece of garbage? A+ character.

We’re supposed to give TD a medal for not quitting or pulling a Tonya Harding?

TD prob gets two more years of eligibility if he wants to use them.

if he does enter the portal, I’ll be very curious to see if Kent St looks at him. Could be pretty telling on what Lewis thinks/thought of TD. I think that’s the level he’d end up at.

Oh I agree I strongly encourage him to leave at the end of the season actually.

I think it’s best for him, Syracuse and everyone around him and in between.

Sometimes you just need a change of team and culture….look at Matt Stafford going to the Rams and he’s like a new Qb
Greatly dislike this post. No reason to encourage someone who by all accounts has been a great teammate to transfer. If he wants to transfer, it's definitely understandable, but no reason to push him out the door...And with the way Shrader runs, it might not be the last we hear from him.

TD prob gets two more years of eligibility if he wants to use them.

if he does enter the portal, I’ll be very curious to see if Kent St looks at him. Could be pretty telling on what Lewis thinks/thought of TD. I think that’s the level he’d end up at.
One year for sure, the second he would need a waiver.

Greatly dislike this post. No reason to encourage someone who by all accounts has been a great teammate to transfer. If he wants to transfer, it's definitely understandable, but no reason to push him out the door...And with the way Shrader runs, it might not be the last we hear from him.

TD has seen his days come to an end here.

The kid needs an opportunity to go and start somewhere. he’s been a great kid but it’s not working out here.

I think he should stay till the end of the season and find a new home.

Ill be shocked if he doesn’t seek a transfer, he deserves an opportunity elsewhere

Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been a great kid for Syracuse over the years and I feel ill will. I just think better opportunities for him, lay outside of Syracuse

Kudos to Tommy for sticking it out, althought his circumstances are different since he already used a redshirt.

For those criticizing guys for going to the transfer portal in the middle of the year, let me let you in on a little secret. Our starting QB did the same thing at Mississippi St.

Kudos to Tommy for sticking it out, althought his circumstances are different since he already used a redshirt.

For those criticizing guys for going to the transfer portal in the middle of the year, let me let you in on a little secret. Our starting QB did the same thing at Mississippi St.

6833E748-8059-443B-A49D-AA77C6DE0E3C.gif

The transfer portal really has created a one size fits all.

DeVito might as well just enter it, I think THAT's what he's supposed to do.

Completely different situation. GS has always stated that he was a QB not a WR that Leach was trying to convert him to. Why would any player stay in a situation where you are forced to change a position AFTER starting and playing well? Leach was a new coach who decided that GS was not the type of QB that he was looking for in his scheme. GS did switch to WR and knew it wasn't for him, why waste a full season knowing you will not be given a chance to play the position you desire? In his case, it was Leach who gave up on GS.

Completely different situation. GS has always stated that he was a QB not a WR that Leach was trying to convert him to. Why would any player stay in a situation where you are forced to change a position AFTER starting and playing well? Leach was a new coach who decided that GS was not the type of QB that he was looking for in his scheme. GS did switch to WR and knew it wasn't for him, why waste a full season knowing you will not be given a chance to play the position you desire? In his case, it was Leach who gave up on GS.
I think kids should do whatever is in their best interests? No need to split hairs.

I don’t think (from the outside looking in) that it makes a lick of sense for him to enter the portal now. He could still end up an important cog if history holds to form and injury takes out QB1 and there’s no upside to leaving early.

That he didn’t choose spite, is to his credit. But it’s what we should expect from the kid.

I think kids should do whatever is in their best interests? No need to split hairs.

I don’t think (from the outside looking in) that it makes a lick of sense for him to enter the portal now. He could still end up an important cog if history holds to form and injury takes out QB1 and there’s no upside to leaving early.

That he didn’t choose spite, is to his credit. But it’s what we should expect from the kid.
+1

This season is still a long way from being written. Losing to FSU was really bad but any win in the ACC is a cause for celebration no matter how a team is doing.

I didn't watch one second of the game but judging from the comments it was winnable. I don't think anyone is going to come to Syracuse and blow us out. That's a good thing! On the road we need everything to break right to win at this point. No matter who we play.

Tommy will be needed again. I will eat all the crow in the world if we can keep a QB upright for an entire season.

I'll wish him well whether he stays or goes, but one benefit for getting into the portal early (if that is what he wants) is to get a first-mover advantage for landing spots.

I would be surprised if he hasn't talked with other teams or has a short list already as contingency in case it's needed.

I'll wish him well whether he stays or goes, but one benefit for getting into the portal early (if that is what he wants) is to get a first-mover advantage for landing spots.

I would be surprised if he hasn't talked with other teams or has a short list already as contingency in case it's needed.
Yeah, the second part probably happened this summer. If he has an idea that he’ll have a spot to play (he should) then just ride out the year as #2 and be ready. Best of both worlds, given the circumstances

There's definitely a Devito Sr. sighting on TOS and its about what you expect. If TD feels the same way then maybe the respect you feel would take a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.