I give up | Syracusefan.com

I give up

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
I can't defend Marrone anymore.

Barrel, Tristan, and kcsugo are right. Marrone isn't taking this program anywhere. WVU was an anomaly. He's clueless at managing games. What was that immediate timeout he called late in the first half? That gave USF 30 extra seconds to march down the field, which cost us 3 points. Not that it mattered in the end I guess.

There is no creativity or innovation in his offense. Just boring, inefficient garbage that makes you want to rip your hair out watching it. F this.

The pressure is on. 2012 is a make or break year. I didn't expect that to be the case, but that's how it is now.

I can't defend Marrone anymore.

Barrel, Tristan, and kcsugo are right. Marrone isn't taking this program anywhere. WVU was an anomaly. He's clueless at managing games. What was that immediate timeout he called late in the first half? That gave USF 30 extra seconds to march down the field, which cost us 3 points. Not that it mattered in the end I guess.

There is no creativity or innovation in his offense. Just boring, inefficient garbage that makes you want to rip your hair out watching it. F this.

The pressure is on. 2012 is a make or break year. I didn't expect that to be the case, but that's how it is now.

I agree. I was thinking the samething on the TO at the half. And then they got 20 secs left on their 40 and we drop into prevent D and pretty much give them the 30 yard line uncontested.

It's these little things that add up too poor coaching ... I'm too tired too name them all.

Marrone has made some baffling mistakes in terms of clock management during his tenure.

You people are clueless !!!

This is all about the players right now. Marrone is conservative because he doesn't trust the players on this team to make anything happen without turning the ball over 7 times per game.

You can count on this: When the better, more dynamic players come(and they will), You will see more risk in the playcalling...

He is not a legit game day coach, and it didn't take me 3 years to figure this out. I respect his demeanor off the field, but his recruiting and coaching on game day leaves lots and lots to be desired. Its not like were bringing in a top 3 recruiting class in the conference to look forward to.

You people are clueless !!!

This is all about the players right now. Marrone is conservative because he doesn't trust the players on this team to make anything happen without turning the ball over 7 times per game.

You can count on this: When the better, more dynamic players come(and they will), You will see more risk in the playcalling...

If you cant start to get the more "dynamic" players into the program by year 3, especially after how we played last year, what makes you think that good enough players are coming anytime soon? Honestly.

The timeout with 1:34 left in the 1st half at their 11 yard line was an alarming decision. Gave them back the 3 points.

It takes time. If you were a top notch recruit, why would you come to school that had not proven it could compete for a BCS spot & lots of airtime? YOU WOULDN'T

Just LAST season, Syracuse started the process of convincing the best athletes to check them out. Those recruits are JUST starting to take the university seriously, after all those years of FUNK. It will still take a little bit longer to get those kids to actually sign on the dotted line...

Watch the games ... everytime Nassib gets a sack with < 2min, Marrone automatically calls timeout. He's got it in his head to always do that for some reason.

Just like when Bailey gets an 8 yard run ... means we are running the next 6 plays if possible.

It takes time. If you were a top notch recruit, why would you come to school that had not proven it could compete for a BCS spot & lots of airtime? YOU WOULDN'T

Just LAST season, Syracuse started the process of convincing the best athletes to check them out. Those recruits are JUST starting to take the university seriously, after all those years of FUNK. It will still take a little bit longer to get those kids to actually sign on the dotted line...

Your Marrones bonified rally girl...

Your Marrones bonified rally girl...

ORB,
Come back at me when Syracuse actually gets better players, & still can't produce. This is NOT about Marrone right now, unless you want to talk about his inability to shmooze the top recruits or hire someone who can.

We also have to take the Administration to task for not spending enough money on infrastructure to lure the stars in...

Wanny was getting some of the best players in the conference, & still struggled. I can't imagine Marrone having the same problem with the caliber of talent Pitt was drawing...

Marrone is not the best coach in America, but he has already proven he can do the job at thsi level with inferior talent. I believe Syracuse has hit a ceiling with their skill set. The only way to advance is the skill build up.

That is the last pre-requisite...

ORB,
Come back at me when Syracuse actually gets better players

But that's just it...that's one of Marrone's issues (and may be the biggest). I don't see any of these "better players" in sight.

Mantonio is right. The reputation of Syracuse Football (Nationally) took a terrible recruiting hit over the past six years. The younger kids have grown up watching us stink.

I think we turned a corner last year. Wnning record, won a bowl game, competitive. Success breeds successs (recruiting, financial, TV spots, etc).

As was stated, we don't have many consistent playmakers (on offense). Tough to blame a Coach that is simply playing the cards that he has. Nassib is not Donnie Mac (he's not much better than Perry Patterson IMO).

Many of you have short memories. While I could quibble with a decision or two, nothing I've seeen from Marrone and his staff compares to the What crap I saw from P+D regime during the last four years of their tenure.

Perspective...

The timeout with 1:34 left in the 1st half at their 11 yard line was an alarming decision. Gave them back the 3 points.

Lucky it didn't give them 7. Remember, the USF player fair caught our typically short kickoff for no apparent reason, meaning they were starting deep in their own end. A decent kick return and we might have been playing the end of that half with our heels on the goal line.

He is not a legit game day coach, and it didn't take me 3 years to figure this out. I respect his demeanor off the field, but his recruiting and coaching on game day leaves lots and lots to be desired. Its not like were bringing in a top 3 recruiting class in the conference to look forward to.
Marrone is Herm Edwards without the emotion on the sideline.

Poor clock management, terrible decision making, and no clue how to "manage" a game. Some games a head coach needs to navigate the team through 4 quarters. Talent alone won't win, Doug hasn't done that once this year and not often in his 3 years here if at all really.

Agreed. And I'm not Monday morning qb'ing here. That cost us 3 pts.

The timekeeper should be fired. He stopped the clock exactly when he was suppose to and it left 1 second. You let that 1 second run off and make the ref make a judgment call and have him tell you to add a second.

i think marrone got lucky last year-this year he is exposed for being a bad coach-
way too many stupid penalties are a good example-

this is year 3- we should have some kind of offense thats not so offensive to watch-

i think marrone should resign- he just cant cut the mustard

He's definitely in over his head. We're basically a poor man's Uconn. I hope the people still sipping on the kook aid are content with being bad/mediocre for awhile.

The timekeeper should be fired. He stopped the clock exactly when he was suppose to and it left 1 second. You let that 1 second run off and make the ref make a judgment call and have him tell you to add a second.

I agree - reminds me of the Michigan/Michigan St. game in 2001 (game-winning pass to TJ Duckett with 1 sec left) when the timekeeper clearly allowed the final second to stay on the clock for a full 3 seconds without having it run off so the home team could have one final play.

The lack of discipline on the field is very disturbing. Where's the leadership program when the same players over and over get unsportsmanlike penalties. By the way, most of them are his downstate players. No control what so ever.

I thought the exact same thing. I even think he/she stopped it too early. The clock shouldn't be stopped until the ball hits something, the ground, a fan, etc. That one second lasted two if not three.