i guess we will always have 2003 | Syracusefan.com

i guess we will always have 2003

orangehomer

All American
villanova is odds on to win their second in three years, and third overall. Yukon already has 4. we have the same as Loyola Chicago.

Ya we have 1 title it is what it is. So close to easily having a couple more I think. And I really thought next years team could win 1 to. They still could but Bazley is a huge loss.

Citing final 4s like they are championships is even more annoying

So technically it is a championship. The representatives in the final four are the champions of the regions. They get trophies and everything. Just saying.

woo is us.

Actually, his latest article(as of posting this) is about us. Jeremy Woo

So technically it is a championship. The representatives in the final four are the champions of the regions. They get trophies and everything. Just saying.

I agree. At the last Final F***(I dont recall if it was before or after), my uncle told me there are no losers at the Final Four, or something along those lines. He coached college ball for a number of years, so I guess I felt like his words carried more weight than the average Joe's, and still do(he is not a Cuse fan). And technically, we do remember the young gentlemen holding that trophy above their heads, right? As much as I think some people on here are being a bit too Pollyanna-like/homerish at times(and having a tendency to toe, or even tow, the company line out of habit), the hoisting of that hardware is indeed an end unto itself, unlike making the semi-finals in many other tournaments.

517813158.jpg

Nobody gives a ish. Nobody will even remember Loyal existed two or three years from now. I’d say next year but it’s tough to forget a little old lady rolling around the basketball court.

Nothing but being the last team matters in this sport.

First off I am tough on JB but the man is freaking back breaking shot in the 87 from 2 NC.

If I were as old now during the 88-90 stretch I would be crazy with how we underachieved but at least those seasons were fun to watch thru the grind I bet.

If JB has high end elite talent he doesn’t waste it. He gets close. The problem is now we don’t really get that elite of elite talent. We get elite talent that thru high usage get their numbers elevated and go to the draft.

If JB had this year’s Duke roster he is doing better than Elite 8.

I don’t think we will the NC till we have an good shooting team that resembles the 2013 or 2016 team defensively.

Nothing but being the last team matters in this sport.
I've said this before, but if that's true, that's a majorly stupid drawback of a single elimination tournament.

villanova is odds on to win their second in three years, and third overall. Yukon already has 4. we have the same as Loyola Chicago.
Until 2 years ago, they hadn’t won one since 1985 and had only been to one Final Four since then. Things have a tendency to change quickly in college basketball. Teams go up, teams come down. Look at UConn or Wisconsin now.

First off I am tough on JB but the man is freaking back breaking shot in the 87 from 2 NC.

If I were as old now during the 88-90 stretch I would be crazy with how we underachieved but at least those seasons were fun to watch thru the grind I bet.

If JB has high end elite talent he doesn’t waste it. He gets close. The problem is now we don’t really get that elite of elite talent. We get elite talent that thru high usage get their numbers elevated and go to the draft.

If JB had this year’s Duke roster he is doing better than Elite 8.

I don’t think we will the NC till we have an good shooting team that resembles the 2013 or 2016 team defensively.
Recruiting is one of the biggest components of college coaching. I hate this argument. Maybe he is a better X' and O's coach than some of the coaches that people hold in higher regard, but they recruit better and that's half the battle.

Recruiting is one of the biggest components of college coaching. I hate this argument. Maybe he is a better X' and O's coach than some of the coaches that people hold in higher regard, but they recruit better and that's half the battle.

Our recruiting is fine. We cannot have a roster of 12 burger boys. We can't be the Georgia football of college basketball and bury top 20 recruits behind other top 20 recruits. Boeheim doesn't bury kids its terrible for team chemistry. He only likes to play 8 guys or so. Even Kentucky and Duke who are recruiting better than anyone ever has are pushing kids out after 1 year to make room for new recruits. K told Tucker to scram after a couple months pretty sure transferring wasn't Tuckers idea K saw the kid and decided he'd rather have the open scholly.

For the first time in a while we have a bunch of open scholarships right now from 2019 forward we can go after anyone without needing someone to leave to open up a scholly/playing time. We've got a nice 8/9 man rotation for next season. We have recent tournament success and first round picks every year. Top players right now hate committing early. I actually think we are going to bring in some really good classes and start recruiting like UK/Duke getting commitments from top 20 players late in the process. We just won't have 2 years to look forward to those classes like we were able to do with past loaded classes. Duke fans weren't able to look forward to Zion Williamson last summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom