i guess we will always have 2003 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

i guess we will always have 2003

The sky isn't falling and to Syracuse's credit, they've made many a late run to Elite Eight's, Final Four's and national championships B.B. (Before Boeheim) and since he took over. You can't argue against Syracuse's longevity over damn near a century of basketball. With that said, we can't dismiss the value of a championship. Can't hold onto 2003 forever. That's all I'm saying.
I get what your saying I want another NC but I think as a program we have had success. We aren’t the Buffalo Bills with no titles for all our success.
We should have more NCs but I give JB a pass for 87 that game had to be maddening.

As I said on the page before we won’t win a NC until we have an offense almost as good as our D like the 2010 team.

That should be our model. 2 post scorers, wings that can shoot, 2 ball handlers.

Syracuse University basketball is:

- 5th all-time in Wins (1988)

- 7th all-time in AP Top 25 finishes (30)

- 7th all-time (tied) in NCAA appearances (39)

- 11th all-time (tied) in Final Four appearances (6)

- 16th all-time (tied) in National Championships (1)

A little perspective to the sky is falling crowd. Although I understand its not the style of a daily message board, sometimes you just gotta step back, take a breath and see the big picture.
Absolutely good to see the big picture. But, if you look at it as a line graph, overall performance has dropped significantly over the past four-ish years. And believing we're not more than four or so more years away from The Great Unknown shouldn't be comforting to anyone. We're in a new conference and i'm not seeing that that has benefitted us. The hope has to be that we get some sort of recruiting surge for JB's last years, and we return to 'greatness' so that we can attract the next great coach. It's a tall order made more difficult by he who should become nameless. Does anyone think the next coach is already on the staff? How comfortable would you be with that?

I always keep this cliche in perspective too...
It's about the journey, not the destination.
We've had some amazingly fun seasons that didn't end with anything close to the national championship.
Have fun along the way and the rest is all a bonus.

That transition only happened for SU fans. For casual fans in the rest of the country the 80s rep has stuck; they think we recruit with Dook & UK for some reason.

But the other part of the rep - that JB was not a good bench coach - is long gone.

All it takes is a team to get hot for a stretch of games. Just because UConn pulled six games out of their you-know-what doesn't mean anything. Literally any team can do it (look at Loyola...had no business being in the Final Four prior to the start of the tournament).

If 2003 happened right now does ANYONE come back? Only Keuth was a senior of course.

Gerry- Probably gone. He has to go combo guard stock high plenty of 'upside'.
Forth- Might return but thats his shot at being drafted on size. 50-50. Only a Sophomore.
Hak- 100% gone and its a good thing he didn't he came back improved and had a great NBA career.
Billy- Maybe gone and its actually the right decision he had NBA size he might get drafted.
McNeil- Gone Boeheim and him didn't see eye to eye and like Billy prob not a bad decision he might get picked.
Josh Pace- Returns the only guy on this list with no shot to get drafted.

How does this have zero likes? Not a single football fan over here? It was a crucifying credibility moment. Crucifying.
can you list me all of the bowl games done-gy has gotten us to. ill hang up and listen.

All it takes is a team to get hot for a stretch of games. Just because UConn pulled six games out of their you-know-what doesn't mean anything.

Actually, it means everything

If 2003 happened right now does ANYONE come back? Only Keuth was a senior of course.

Gerry- Probably gone. He has to go combo guard stock high plenty of 'upside'.
Forth- Might return but thats his shot at being drafted on size. 50-50. Only a Sophomore.
Hak- 100% gone and its a good thing he didn't he came back improved and had a great NBA career.
Billy- Maybe gone and its actually the right decision he had NBA size he might get drafted.
McNeil- Gone Boeheim and him didn't see eye to eye and like Billy prob not a bad decision he might get picked.
Josh Pace- Returns the only guy on this list with no shot to get drafted.

Wow, just wow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom