I had a weird thought | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I had a weird thought

Unless you are a workaholic, the sooner you retire the better. Having said that, you'd better have something to fill your time when you make everyday a Saturday.
That’s my concern. I can retire in a year or so.

Zombie Boeheim is a distinct possibility. I know for a fact that he doesn't have any plans to retire (never had any for that matter either).
You had to stir that pot again. He strung Hop along if that’s how he truly felt. Someone tell me otherwise because that’s a sobering indictment of JB’s character.

Absolutely. I'm thinking my plan is to look for volunteer opportunities to help the disabled - maybe helping provide motivation in hospitals, rehab centers.
I and many in my community have done many types of volunteer work. It is some of the most rewarding time you can spend.
If you have time while still working, take a few hours a week to help some organization. You'll be glad you did.

You had to stir that pot again. He strung Hop along if that’s how he truly felt. Someone tell me otherwise because that’s a sobering indictment of JB’s character.
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that JB was rather forced to agree to retire after 3 years. By the NCAA. It was all a part of our punishment. He resented not being able to go out in the way of his choosing. ???

JB won’t be an ordinary Zombie. He’d be a White Walker. He’d be that lead guy. I can seeing him slaying a dragon. No problem.

Spoiler alert! Jeez! Perhaps some of us (not me, but still) haven’t seen GOT yet!

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that JB was rather forced to agree to retire after 3 years. By the NCAA. It was all a part of our punishment. He resented not being able to go out in the way of his choosing. ???

I think JB and the school offered that up (and the self-imposed post-season ban) as a sacrifice on the altar of the NCAA, to try to get ahead of the sanctions, and hopefully be shown some leniency.

it worked really well, huh? :rolleyes:

Retired at fifty seven and am now 70 filling my days has never been a problem. My body keeping up has been the problem.
I’ve talked to you at a tailgate before. You look to be in great shape. What do you do to stay busy in retirement? I’ll be 58

If your lucky your job is a part of your life not in a seperate compartment. If so you never retire.

If your lucky your job is a part of your life not in a seperate compartment. If so you never retire.
You are fortunate to have that kind of a situation.

Loved my job but since I retired the only thing I miss is the people.

You are fortunate to have that kind of a situation.

Loved my job but since I retired the only thing I miss is the people.
I love my job. But the dynamics are changing so much it’s becoming a burden.

JB won’t be an ordinary Zombie. He’d be a White Walker. He’d be that lead guy. I can seeing him slaying a dragon. No problem.

That would make a lot of sense given the cold climate.

It would also be fantastic for recruiting. Would he be able to claim anyone he comes into contact with, or only players that have already died?

I’ve talked to you at a tailgate before. You look to be in great shape. What do you do to stay busy in retirement? I’ll be 58

Truthfully I loved my job and would have worked longer, but my job left me, and I was not about to look for a new one.
There is no single thing to occupy your time but I have been able to do many things I could not while working. I and my wife travel at least twice a year, planning these travels takes some time. I go to more away SU games than I could before and do not even count these as traveling. I do all my own home improvements and repairs, and help out my son and daughter with theirs.
The point is you can do whatever you want that interests you, and I have never found a shortage of things that I want to do.
I thank you for the compliment, and I am still in fairly good shape, but like all of us as we age physical things get harder. I no longer can do some of the things I did regularly just five years ago.

Truthfully I loved my job and would have worked longer, but my job left me, and I was not about to look for a new one.
There is no single thing to occupy your time but I have been able to do many things I could not while working. I and my wife travel at least twice a year, planning these travels takes some time. I go to more away SU games than I could before and do not even count these as traveling. I do all my own home improvements and repairs, and help out my son and daughter with theirs.
The point is you can do whatever you want that interests you, and I have never found a shortage of things that I want to do.
I thank you for the compliment, and I am still in fairly good shape, but like all of us as we age physical things get harder. I no longer can do some of the things I did regularly just five years ago.
That’s great to hear. I remember talking to you and your son at the tailgate. We plan on a lot of travel. Especially chasing the football team, home and away. We have always travelled anyway, one of our passions. I own rental property and will probably immerse myself more in them . Hope to see you at another Fine Mess.

That’s great to hear. I remember talking to you and your son at the tailgate. We plan on a lot of travel. Especially chasing the football team, home and away. We have always travelled anyway, one of our passions. I own rental property and will probably immerse myself more in them . Hope to see you at another Fine Mess.

And if you still want a little extra income, you can do Uber. My uncle does that and enjoys it. He does it in the Bay Area, which I personally would never drive in unless I had to. But if you're in CNY, it might be a fun option.

I wondered how long JB might coach for. I'm not convinced death will stop him. Which would mean he would coach as a zombie. And I wondered, how many of his physical tendencies would carry over from his live days. For example, the sideline nose picking. Which would be pretty horrific, because as a zombie one can envision a scenario where his inserted finger simply removes a putrid nostril from his nose. Alternatively, Zombie Jim Boeheim could break off a decaying finger directly into his nostril. And it would hang there, the rest of the game, and depending on the zombie lore you subscribe to, may even continue picking.

Food for thought, right?
To say you had "a weird thought" implies that you had a singular, weird, thought...I for one, think that that is a blatant lie sir ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom