I hate Clemson but... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I hate Clemson but...

If you think vs AZ is 49%, you better up your units. It's currenty +245 or 29%
Yeah well that's for all the betters out there, my feeling is pretty much 50/50. I'm all over Clemson on that, all day long. Obviously it could go either way and I'm sure most think AZ will win, hence those odds. I'm all over that value.

Yeah well that's for all the betters out there, my feeling is pretty much 50/50. I'm all over Clemson on that, all day long. Obviously it could go either way and I'm sure most think AZ will win, hence those odds. I'm all over that value.
I actually agree. Don't think its 50/50 but sure seems closer to that than the current line

By "People" you mean, 1

Newhouser
Wait I called somebody nuts in a post? That is not my usual MO and if so I apologize. I definitely thought Clemson could flame out early because they have a lot of losses and are horrible at end game situations.

I also think AZ will beat them unless Caleb Love channels his turbo Judah and throws up shots Meadowlark Lemon would be envious of.

If I called someone a name though - I seriously do apologize. That isn't me.

I think the most underrated part of Clemson is Clark, Godfrey, and Wiggins do EXACTLY what they need to do. They don't take wacky shots or complain or mope. They rebound, defend, and make shots when needed. You have those guys, give them a 3 pt shooter like Joe, an elite inside player like Hall, a bruiser like Schef, and a Sr guard like Hunter...this is the result.

ALL that being said...I hope everyone can also appreciate that if Baylor hit any of their open looks that they normally do, they win rather easily. Clemson is going to have to defend much better vs Arizona...and I hope they do.
Even just Hall/Scheffler/Hunter is a damn good trio to start with. Didn't wilt on the road in Duke/UNC, (should've won both) so they're not soft mentally.
Poster child of a team I would've picked to make a run before I became a Kenpom loyalist. GG New Mex.
+1 on not trusting Love/AZ as far as I can throw them also.

Wait I called somebody nuts in a post? That is not my usual MO and if so I apologize. I definitely thought Clemson could flame out early because they have a lot of losses and are horrible at end game situations.

I also think AZ will beat them unless Caleb Love channels his turbo Judah and throws up shots Meadowlark Lemon would be envious of.

If I called someone a name though - I seriously do apologize. That isn't me.
You did not! My bad. I was being hyperbolic. You did nothing of the sort.

Think of who his teammates were and what we know know. Seems accurate...
I was wondering for a while if this was one of the reasons our 2 most experienced players left for their 5th season last year. It certainly wasn’t over playing time, but the opportunity of earning bigger $, feeling more wanted and needed, while escaping stressful situations with new teammates that could have made leaving the more attractive option. We never benefitted from that extra year by any of our seniors who were here during Covid. Just an uninformed opinion.

Slammed ex-team mates or am I over thinking?

You’re over thinking. I went and found the interview and gave it a listen. It was an NCAA interview with the coach and 3 players. Joe was responding to a question about how the players embraced him when he transferred and if they helped him get better. He was in the moment responding. In the same interview he also said he had great teammates at Syracuse. I’ve seen a few interviews where someone asks him about his time here and he’s always very effusive about his love for this place.

You’re over thinking. I went and found the interview and gave it a listen. It was an NCAA interview with the coach and 3 players. Joe was responding to a question about how the players embraced him when he transferred and if they helped him get better. He was in the moment responding. In the same interview he also said he had great teammates at Syracuse. I’ve seen a few interviews where someone asks him about his time here and he’s always very effusive about his love for this place.
Agreed and he was here for 4 years as well. He obviously liked a lot of it and it wanted to go somewhere else for a year to finish his career and continue his education. Well done

Slammed ex-team mates or am I over thinking?
Call me crazy but like I said in the OP, this is an experienced and mature group. Experience and maturity are huge factors in recognizing what it takes to be the best teammate you can be.

You are over thinking.

Watching Clemson, Arizona, Uconn, etc, and you see why it is absolutely necessary we find big men than can play. We have no hope of being a contender of any kind with Maliq and McLeod as our interior presence.

I was wondering for a while if this was one of the reasons our 2 most experienced players left for their 5th season last year. It certainly wasn’t over playing time, but the opportunity of earning bigger $, feeling more wanted and needed, while escaping stressful situations with new teammates that could have made leaving the more attractive option. We never benefitted from that extra year by any of our seniors who were here during Covid. Just an uninformed opinion.
All your wonders may be very true.
But, Joe said he needed to break out of his comfort zone and to mature as a person, never left NY. Well said by him, very observant, thought out and a very good decision regardless of the success.
Though, what a cherry on top!
Jesse and Dad were after money period. Fell into bad situation.