I hate Clemson but... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I hate Clemson but...

SigChiChef one game away from a Mt. Rushmore call.
Thank you 690West for the recognition! Recognition is not why I am here but still appreciated sir.
Funny how many messageboardgeniuses are here all of a sudden.lol. I was already here and gone.

Last edited:
NCAA is trash putting ACC teams against each other and only got five bids trash trash trash! ACC is the best conference bar none
the NET is utter Trash

complete rubbish

Clemson' really good

Hunter is my pick for best NBA potential on that squad...

didnt realize that girard would only be a support player for them...

he was the 7th leading scorer for clemson in the win vs Arizona

and only took 5 shots

THAT Girard I woulda loved at SU...not the gunner dominating the offense we saw a lot of the time

the NET is utter Trash

complete rubbish

Clemson' really good

Hunter is my pick for best NBA potential on that squad...

didnt realize that girard would only be a support player for them...

he was the 7th leading scorer for clemson in the win vs Arizona

and only took 5 shots

THAT Girard I woulda loved at SU...not the gunner dominating the offense we saw a lot of the time

Support player? Or do you mean this game or the past couple? For the season he was their 2nd leading scorer and led the team in mins played.

Support player? Or do you mean this game or the past couple? For the season he was their 2nd leading scorer and led the team in mins played.
Exactly. He has made 100 threes on the season and tied for assist lead as well. He is the other teams game plan/face guard offensive player. But for some he will still be a “support” player/Siena/LeMoyne type player. Hahaha

Exactly. He has made 100 threes on the season and tied for assist lead as well. He is the other teams game plan/face guard offensive player. But for some he will still be a “support” player/Siena/LeMoyne type player. Hahaha

What’s wrong with being a role player?

The ACC winning it all and it not being Duke or UNC would be pretty awesome.
I can live with Duke and UNC being better than us as a program. They probably always will be. I can’t live with Clemson and NC State leaving us in the dust the past two years. But at least NC State has an actual storied History and two national titles. Clemson is a football school and I have to root against them at this point.

Last edited:
What’s wrong with being a role player?
Absolutely nothing, every team needs them! But a 5 year starter approaching 2,200 career points and 400 career threes is not just a role player. You know that, and deep down we all know that. Whether some want to admit it or not.

Absolutely nothing, every team needs them! But a 5 year starter approaching 2,200 career points and 400 career threes is not just a role player. You know that, and deep down we all know that. Whether some want to admit it or not.

Is Jack Clark a role player? More to the game than scoring….but every team needs a shooter

Is Quincy a role player on Illinois? Hes a 5 year starter

Is Jack Clark a role player? More to the game than scoring….but every team needs a shooter

Is Quincy a role player on Illinois? Hes a 5 year starter
2nd leading scorer and leading in minutes played does not say “role” player.

2nd leading scorer and leading in minutes played does not say “role” player.

Was Trevor Cooney a role player?

He’s been amazing at his role. I wish we used him like this.

That call was actually planning Girard as Clemson’s QB next season.
That was almost as funny as last sentence in the OP.
Three.....weeks....later

Last edited:
Groundbreaking news:
Clemson has experience and maturity. Having clutch players, one of them being a big and a shooter all while playing good D.
They could possibly beat teams in the tournament that don't have all of those pieces.
Here's Tom with the weather...

Last edited:
Was Trevor Cooney a role player?

He’s been amazing at his role. I wish we used him like this.
But seriously, seems like we have different definitions. Girard is a starter, and a main scoring contributor with some play making responsibility. Those more or less are his roles, but I guess I don’t consider that a role player. In essence every player has a role to fill on a team.

But agree, it would have been great if we could have used Girard like this.