i hate replay | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

i hate replay

How about this: if I get dinged for every call that was "wrong," then do I get a bump for everyone that was right? :)

edit: keep in mind there's about 400 call/no call decisions on average in a game.

Haha, no - that's your job, my friend!

To put up with all the BS coming from people who have never reffed a game, nor even seen the inside of a rule book. Call it hazard pay. :D

edit: and honestly samspann1, you're okay by me, but "members of the media?" Announcers say some of the stupidest things I've ever heard. And most of them are just plain wrong on rules and interpretations. Even Bilas kicks one now and again, although he's right way more often than he's wrong.

Understood and agreed - how about this: there are 10 plays/calls per game, selected by reporters, that the officials have to explain?

Understood and agreed - how about this: there are 10 plays/calls per game, selected by reporters, that the officials have to explain?

Okay, but I get to pick the questioners. Also I get to cross-examine, and you know each time I'm going to ask them what the applicable rule says.

Can’t believe that nobody is talking about what may have been the worst blown call of the game. Not granting UVA the timeout at the end of regulation. May have been about 3 secs to go.

Can’t believe that nobody is talking about what may have been the worst blown call of the game. Not granting UVA the timeout at the end of regulation. May have been about 3 secs to go.

Ball wasn't possessed when Guy called the TO - the rebounder already passed the ball in Guy's direction.

Cowtown, your take?

Ball wasn't possessed when Guy called the TO - the rebounder already passed the ball in Guy's direction.

Cowtown, your take?

That is incorrect. When Guy asked for the timeout the ball had not left the hands of the rebounder. Video confirmed it but the announcers didn’t even talk about it so most fans missed it. Cuseinseattle and I didn’t.

That is incorrect. When Guy asked for the timeout the ball had not left the hands of the rebounder. Video confirmed it but the announcers didn’t even talk about it so most fans missed it. Cuseinseattle and I didn’t.

I disagree.

Or maybe you can change yours.

Nope. Already looked specifically for that when they showed it on TV 2-3 times. They were looking for how much time was left on the clock when the ball went out. I was looking for if time you was called in time. Sure enough it was. Not even questionable when you watch it.

its not when he calls the TO its when the ref sees him call TO and its pretty clear the ref never had a chance to see it called since the pass happened so fast..

I think Frank is wondering where were the refs calling warding off all night on Virginia, they called it on him every game it seemed.. UVA did it a dozen times last night.

They need to tweek.the rules if they can't see anything in 1 min.they have to stick with the original call.

its not when he calls the TO its when the ref sees him call TO and its pretty clear the ref never had a chance to see it called since the pass happened so fast..

I think Frank is wondering where were the refs calling warding off all night on Virginia, they called it on him every game it seemed.. UVA did it a dozen times last night.

Guy was a matter of feet away from the ref facing his direction. He ignored him.

Guy was a matter of feet away from the ref facing his direction. He ignored him.

Looked like the ref was watching the player under the hoop with the ball, not the teammate on the wing calling TO.

That’s what created the disconnect. The ref didn’t ignore Guy; he was correctly following the play while the ball carrier tossed it OOB.

Most annoying thing about Jerome. He did it constantly and it never got called, worst one was against Purdue.

It got called against Battle and Frank all the time. Jerome must have made some deal with the refs.

ok so you are agreeing with me that having replay for only a set period is stupid, if all that matters is getting the calls right than replay should apply to the entire game. if that is what we are saying. but you also dont seem to care that the actual calls that influence the outcome of a game such as fouls are not reviewable. i'm trying to chase the logic here but it is pretty thin.
I'm trying to figure out your logic. A terrible call is made at the end of the game. Syracuse Georgetown NCAA for the final four. The Cuse down 1 and the ball goes off of G-town with 7 seconds left. But the refs give the ball to g-town. Everyone but the 3 refs know it is a bad call. You don't think there is anything that should be done about that. The reply system is not perfect. but like so many today, you let the perfexct be the enemy of the good. We disagree again.

Looked like the ref was watching the player under the hoop with the ball, not the teammate on the wing calling TO.

That’s what created the disconnect. The ref didn’t ignore Guy; he was correctly following the play while the ball carrier tossed it OOB.

Should have reviewed it.

Replay is garbage, it doesn't work in any sport. Good to see the good side gaining in numbers.

there is nothing to review. ref has to give the TO and he never did.

exactly. review that it was requested.

if they did that would they also allow reviews for when it was requested and they ignore it because they know its a T if a team has no TOs left. that would be fun

The replay that decided the game felt so wrong to me. The ball flew out of bounds in the direction the Virginia player swiped it. The refs then stopped the game for 5 minutes to see if it flicked the edge of a pinkey as it was flying out of bounds in a direction the Texas Tech player couldn't have possibly sent it.

That's not what we want instant replay for is it? Just feels like an arbitrary and incorrect use for it.

Absolutely ridiculous. Virginia player reached in and knocked it out. Period.

Isn’t it always going to “graze” off the guy’s hand that had the ball last, in that situation?

Why do the last 2 minutes become so magical? They wouldn’t have looked at that at any other point in the game.

I enjoyed the game immensely until that. After that it took me out of it. Feels tainted. Ridiculous decision.

Get rid of replay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom