I hate to be that guy, but... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

I hate to be that guy, but...

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer our current set over the older jerseys. I'd be happy if they simply fixed the fonts on the current jerseys (and got rid of the awful platinum jersey that they rarely wear as is).

The lacrosse team seems to have something cooking that greatly interests me though.

I have always liked the block S, but understand the branding issue it creates outside of the NE. I was asked by someone in Florida last year during SU's run in the tourney what the S on my hat meant. I would not be rushing to buy any new gear if we go to the banner.

The retro S on the lacrosse helmets is intriguing. I do not love it . . . yet. It seems so '80s and I want to place something in the square. But, maybe, just maybe, it would be okay. It is different and would be recognizable.

I remember when Wisconsin went from the Block W to the Motion W. A lot of people were not fans of the change. Then, Wisconsin started having success in football and basketball using the Motion W. Now high schools in Wisconsin are using variants of the logo, i.e. think Motion K or other letter.

So, if SU goes back to the (I am not even sure what to call it) retro S and continues to have success in football, wins the ACC, makes it to a couple of Final Fours, I am sure I will grow to love the retro S.

Siena is actually considered to be the home of the purest Italian but Florence is very close. Tuscany, as a whole, is really considered the region that speaks "true" Italian versus the regional dialects...Romanaccio, Napolitan', Barese etc...

If you studied in Florence then you know that "fiorentino" has its own, unique idiosyncracies such as la "ci" aspirata..la hoha hola con la hanuccia halda...LOL...

Solely used by the lower classes, my more aristrocratic Florentine friends would always be aghast when I would break out my heavy Florentine accent and start replacing my Cs with Hs...LOL...

Nothing quite like a blue-eyed, blond-haired, obvious-American breaking out into heavy Fiorentino...it absolutely floored people who did not know me and assumed my Italian would be accompanied by that absolutely horrendous American accent...LOL...

GORLAMI

I’ve decided that Nike is really great at designing uniforms for schools with either zero tradition (Oregon and Baylor) or enough power to tell Nike to pound sand (Alabama and pals). Nike is terrible at designing uniforms for every other school.

Unfortunately, SU falls into the “every other school” category.

Last edited:

LOL.
4c314a5fe74322505e7dff8665b7b3c9.jpg

These were waaaaaaaay better as an alternate and pretty cool IMO!!!

What the actual f...[/QUOTE]

Just ridiculously bad. Michigan State’s uni’s were fine.

Obviously these would be brand new logos rather than a throwback style thing, and I don't particularly love either one, but I figured I'd post them here just for the hell of it. These come from SportsLogos.net, which has a message board where people post rebrand concepts that they've designed.

Seems like they both sort of went for the same idea: incorporating an orange into the logos, with the first one taking one of our old logos and using the negative space in it to make an orange while the other created an orange that also spells out SO (for Syracuse Orange)

Syracuse Orange Rebrand
isf8av9.jpg

Death to the Block S

S-03.thumb.png.e397d5f95cb4189ea34eaae7020290e5.png

I've been frustrated waiting... I'm going to guess they may wait until Sunday, so our old look can "rise from the dead.". (I hope)