I have a crazy idea | Syracusefan.com

I have a crazy idea

Let's discuss the Syracuse football game that will take place in two days.

2 game losing streaks and suddenly facing a matchup where the loser gets last place in the league will do that. Although I did my part this week, I did have at least one post about USF.

Here's a 2nd. I think USF will have 6 fans at this game. Six. Bet your over/unders if you wish, but it's going to be a push.

I'm pretty stressed about this game and I'm not looking forward to watching it. If they pull this out I truly think we will end the year on a 5 game losing streak, at which point I'll have to question Marrone, and I'm about as big a Marrone cheerleader as you'll find. That would suck.

I think we bounce back in a big way and wrap up our bowl eligibility.

Agreed. Maybe not necessarily in a "big way," but I think SU shows some life and wins by 10.

If we win on Friday, I think we take at least one of the last two. If not, this might be looked back upon as a very ugly season.

Agreed. Maybe not necessarily in a "big way," but I think SU shows some life and wins by 10.

big way, not as in win by a lot, but in comparison to how we have played the past 2 games.

Bowl eligible will be great. Can't let Daniels loose or we may have to try and outscore them. I no longer see beating Cincy as likely. The UC offense in my opinion is what Marrone would like to be running. 6-5 going into Pitt would have to be considered acceptable for this team. Will seem disappointing mainly because of the WVU game.

SU has to confuse and pressure the usf qb. If they play like they did vs uconn it is going to be a long long day defensively and the offense has to show up. This might be a good day to bring the power running game for SU because I don't feel our wr's will be able to get as open as they need to get before the pressure bares down on Nassib. Special teams has to pick it up and kick the ball well, tackle well and block well.

Let's discuss the Syracuse football game that will take place in two days.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.762942,-73.982981
USF completed dominated RU last week most of that game. They were able to run the ball on them, pass it some and really shut down the Rutgers offense most of the game. It was a shocking game for them to lose, a truly epic collapse that started when they allowed a KO return for a TD after taking a 14 point lead with 8 minutes to go in the game. At that point, they had around 200 more yards of total offense. USF had a number of chances to salt the game away t hat they kept blowing, turning the ball over, missing chip shot FGs, allowing first downs on 3rd and long, etc., etc., etc. It was a shocking game for them to lose. If I were a USF fan, I would probably be checked into an insane asylum right now. Worst. Loss. Ever.

USF was surprisingly physical running the ball. After the UConn run defense disaster in the 2nd half, I expect them to try and do the same to us. We better do a much better job of holding the LOS and tackling or it is going to be a long day.

RU had some success throwing deep and rode Sanu like he was a horse late, throwing to him on short and medium passes over and over. USF had success rushing the RU QBs. We don't want to get in passing situations a lot or we are going to give up a lot of sacks.

We need this win to get back on track. We lose this one with Cincy looming, we are in real trouble.

USF completed dominated RU last week. They were able to run the ball on them, pass it some and really shut down the Rutgers offense most of the game. It was a shocking game for them to lose, a truly epic collapse that started when they allowed a KO return for a TD after taking a 14 point lead with 8 minutes to go in the game.

They were surprisingly physical running the ball. After the UConn disaster, I expect them to try and do the same to us. We better do a much better job of holding the LOS and tackling or it is going to be a long day.

RU had some success throwing deep and rode Sanu like he was a horse late, throwing to him on short and medium passes over and over. USF had success rushing the RU QBs. We don't want to get in passing situations a lot or we are going to give up a lot of sacks.

So it was a 10-3 game, essentially, with just over eight minutes left. A low-scoring game, much like the SU-RU game. We can't throw away points in this game, like we did against Rutgers. We need to throw "short and medium passes" on first and second down. We can't get in third and long. We also need to mix up our blitz package and make Daniels uncomfortable. There. Simple.

Few thoughts:

QB BJ Daniels is bad in conference play, he's worse on the road, and he's been aweful in November. The only exception has been vs Cinci the last 2 years. He runs alot but he's not particularly fast, or effective at it. As he goes, their offense goes.

RB Darrell Scott appears be quite talented averaging 5.7 YPC. However, with Daniels running so often he doesnt get a ton of carries. He may against us, and i wouldnt be at all suprised to see them run wildcat, and/or option vs us given or issues stopping it.

WR Sterling Griffin is their one legit threat out wide. He's not physically inpossing at 6' 190lbs but he is quick. Hope Lyn, or Anderson is up to the challenge.

FWIW their special teams appear to be as "special" as ours. Their FG kicker is 12-19 and their punter averages 37 yards per kick. Also, as witnessed last week, their kick coverage has issues as well.

Pretty much feel that if we can get 28 points in this game we come out with the W.

Few questions:

Anyone have and info on what their O-line and D-Line look like? Are they a power team or more of a finesse team? Teams that are solid in the trenches give us issues. If they are average there or worse then I really like our chances.

Scott is hurt and may see limited time against us

This is it. This is the game where we HAVE to get bowl eligible, because I can't see it happening in the 2 games after this.

This has been a hard game for me to get excited about. I am usually ready to go come mid week and can't wait to tailgate and charge the Dome. This week after watching two bad games coming off the big WVU game I am finding it tough to get fired up. I want to see our defense come out and play tough. No giving up a score or two in the first quarter this week. Then keep the game close and take it away in the fourth quarter. The WVU game was so much fun I guess I am preparing myself for a let down this week in the Dome. I hope our boys come out ready to play because come Friday I am sure I will be ready to go!

This is it. This is the game where we HAVE to get bowl eligible, because I can't see it happening in the 2 games after this.
I agree and disagree... I think we have to win against USF, but I really feel if we do and the momentum shifts again, after a bye week, we will be ready for Cinci... if we lose to USF we might pack it in...