I have completed a 2014 mock schedule for entire conference | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I have completed a 2014 mock schedule for entire conference

NC State game needs to be week 2 so we can have a week off between Notre Dame @ Metlife and home vs florida state.

nc state is a week off :0 after there o for the acc this past year. In my schedule a bye wouldn't work there as I figure they would rather have the second bye in late October/early november

bigger games by week:

week 1: Florida State vs Oklahoma State @ jerrys world, Miami @ Louisville
week 2: Virginia Tech @ Ohio State
week 3: USC @ Boston College, North Carolina @ Clemson
week 4:Iowa @ Pittsburgh, Maryland @ Syracuse, Virginia @ BYU, Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech
week 5: ND vs Syracuse @ Metlife, Clemson @ Florida State
week 6:Louisville@ Clemson, Miami @ Georgia Tech
week 7:Florida State @ Syracuse, North Carolina @ ND, Va Tech @ Duke(Thursday)
week 8:Notre Dame @ Florida State, Boston College @ Virginia Tech
week 9:Clemson @ Georgia Tech
week 10:Florida State @ Miami
week 11:Syracuse @ Clemson, Florida State @ Louisville
week 12: Louisville @ Syracuse, Boston College @ Florida State, VA Tech @ Pittsburgh
week 13:Louisville @ Notre Dame, Miami @ Virginia Tech
week 14:South Carolina @ Clemson, Florida @ Florida State

Why would we volunteer to host Fri night games every other year?! Trying to get fans out for Sat games is hard enough

Fri night games are fun. I do have proof of that. Plus, it's not a bad thing when you are the only game on TV.

Fri night games are fun. I do have proof of that. Plus, it's not a bad thing when you are the only game on TV.
Nice to be local I guess. I'm 2 + hrs away. Have to take time off work to get there. Fri night games suck for me.

if we are hosting a Friday night game at least you will have plenty of time to make arrangements since those will be announced by end of February most likely

Nobody answered my question why we volunteered, along with BC, to play Fri night games?

if we are hosting a Friday night game at least you will have plenty of time to make arrangements since those will be announced by end of February most likely
But of course. Always have. Doesn't change my dislike of Fri night home games.

Nobody answered my question why we volunteered, along with BC, to play Fri night games?

get more money from espn and southern schools have bigger high school football thing on Fridays thus we volunteered

Do you have any proof?

2011 WVU drew 45K, biggest crowd in the last five years other than Clemson and Marrone's first game. The Wake game was just under 41K and SFla was 41.6K

Last year Pitt had the biggest home crowd of the year.

The only weeknight game that didn't go over 40K was Uconn last year, and that was still a very good crowd.

2011 WVU drew 45K, biggest crowd in the last five years other than Clemson and Marrone's first game. The Wake game was just under 41K and SFla was 41.6K

Last year Pitt had the biggest home crowd of the year.

The only weeknight game that didn't go over 40K was Uconn last year, and that was still a very good crowd.

It is a known fact the locals don't rake leaves week nights. ;)

duke is at troy week 2 and nc state hosts old dominion. The only teams with no games scheduled are BC, Wake, Louisville(if playing Miami labor day night I'd expect fcs for them), Pittsburgh and us
Just remember ESPN may throw some cash around if their some schedule problems. Florida State and Pitt had week 1 opponents this past year, but they fixed the schedules. I don't think we will have a bye week 2.

To OburgOrange SU and BC volunteered to play Friday home games because ESPN wanted an ACC game on a Friday night, and SU/BC are Northeast schools where HS football is huge. BC/SU aren't affected as much and honestly it helps attendance 1 time a year. I don't have a problem with SU doing this once every 2 years.

UCLA-Washington, USC-Oregon State played on Friday night this year so its not that bad once every 2 years.

someone will have a bye week 2 as if they follow last years scheduling model they will have 2-5 teams on a bye from weeks 2-7 then the same from weeks 8 to 13. if we play that week im hopeful its at wake forest since it would be better to have 4 home games are October and November. Pittsburgh and florida state had fcs games scheduled though those are easily fixed since they don't set there schedules until after fbs games are scheduled

Chris I hope we go to WFU in week 2...The ACC might push that. It could very easily get somewhere on the ESPN Family and both teams should be 1-0. A bye in week 2 is not a good thing (as you know).

Last edited:
Just remember ESPN may throw some cash around if their some schedule problems. Florida State and Pitt had week 1 opponents this past year, but they fixed the schedules. I don't think we will have a bye week 2.

To OburgOrange SU and BC volunteered to play Friday home games because ESPN wanted an ACC game on a Friday night, and SU/BC are Northeast schools where HS football is huge. BC/SU aren't affected as much and honestly it helps attendance 1 time a year. I don't have a problem with SU doing this once every 2 years.

UCLA-Washington, USC-Oregon State played on Friday night this year so its not that bad once every 2 years.
I still don't like fri night games. For selfish reasons obviously.

Chris I hope we go to WFU in week 2...The ACC might push that. It could very easily get somewhere on the ESPN Family and both teams should be 1-0. A bye in week 2 is not a good thing (as you know).
better than a loss but id prefer a bye after the nd game and when I try another mock I will have us playing in week 2

Last edited:
better than a loss but id prefer a bye after the nd game and when I try another mock I will have us playing in week 2

Last edited:
I have completed a second mock.

Syracuse schedule:
8/30- Villanova
9/6-@ Pittsburgh (Friday night game)
9/13-@ Central Michigan
9/20-Maryland
9/27- VS Notre Dame @ Metlife Stadium
10/4- Bye Week
10/11-NC State
10/18- @ Clemson
10/25-Duke
11/1- @ Wake Forest
11/8- Louisville(Friday night game)
11/15-Bye Week
11/22-Florida State
11/29- @ Boston College

thoughts??

Last edited:
TexanMark said:
Pitt wouldn't want to host a Friday night game at the start of the HS FB season.

Isn't Friday night high school prevalent everywhere? I know it is in the Northeast.

Isn't Friday night high school prevalent everywhere? I know it is in the Northeast.
I know in CNY a lot of HS FB is played on Friday and Saturday afternoons

TexanMark said:
I know in CNY a lot of HS FB is played on Friday and Saturday afternoons

Whenever I'm in Syracuse seems like most of the high school games are played on Friday night. Saturday paper and Friday night news are loaded with stories and highlights. Not much on Saturday. In Connecticut, almost the entire high school schedule is played on Fridays.

here is how my Syracuse schedule worked out though:
8/30 Villanova *
9/6 BYE WEEK
9/13 @Central Michigan *
9/20 Maryland *
9/27 Notre Dame @ Metlife *
10/4 NC State
10/11 Florida State
10/18 @ Wake Forest
10/25 Duke
11/1 BYE WEEK
11/8 @ Clemson
11/14 Louisville(Friday Night)
11/22 @ Pittsburgh
11/28 or 29 @ Boston College (Black Friday) +

*=confirmed
+=likely confirmed
13-0 NAtional Champions.

I have completed a second mock.

Syracuse schedule:
8/30- Villanova
9/6-@ Pittsburgh (Friday night game)
9/13-@ Central Michigan
9/20-Maryland
9/27- VS Notre Dame @ Metlife Stadium
10/4- Bye Week
10/11-NC State
10/18- @ Clemson
10/25-Duke
11/1- @ Wake Forest
11/8- Louisville(Friday night game)
11/15-Bye Week
11/22-Florida State
11/29- @ Boston College

thoughts??

Is the SU AD aware you have put in this much effort?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom