I have completed a 2014 mock schedule for entire conference | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I have completed a 2014 mock schedule for entire conference

once you get outside of the cities most games are played on Sat.. in our leagues about 30-40% of the teams have lights. last year we played 5 night games. the year before 1..

I have completed a second mock.

Syracuse schedule:
8/30- Villanova
9/6-@ Pittsburgh (Friday night game)
9/13-@ Central Michigan
9/20-Maryland
9/27- VS Notre Dame @ Metlife Stadium
10/4- Bye Week
10/11-NC State
10/18- @ Clemson
10/25-Duke
11/1- @ Wake Forest
11/8- Louisville(Friday night game)
11/15-Bye Week
11/22-Florida State
11/29- @ Boston College

thoughts??
I think we are going to play Pitt late in the season again, probably the 2nd last week, similar to what happened last year. The southern ACC schools like to play each other late in the year, in part due to tradition and in part (I suspect) to avoid having to travel up North and play in really cold weather.

Moved the FSU game up a week as well. I think FSU will end up with a bye on 11/22, as will GTech. This gives those schools 2 weeks to gear up for their SEC rival games.

I also predict the ACC will throw Louisville a bone and have they open their ACC era with a home game against Miami. That would mean those schools end up playing 2 games in a row against each other since they faced off in the Russell Athletic Bowl a couple of days ago.

8/30- Villanova
9/6-Louisville
9/13-@ Central Michigan
9/20-Maryland
9/27- Notre Dame @ Metlife Stadium
10/4- Bye Week
10/11-@ Clemson
10/18- NC State
10/25-Duke
11/1- @ Wake Forest
11/8- Bye Week
11/15-Florida State
11/22-@ Pittsburgh
11/29- @ Boston College

If any non-SU or BC schools will host a Friday night home game it will be Louisville (because they are used it from the Big East and don't leverage in the ACC) or Wake Forest(because they have the least leverage in the ACC from anyone else) I don't think Wake will play on Friday because in NC HS FB matters unlike in the Northeast. I grew up in the Northeast we care about HS FB, but cities/towns don't shut down on Friday nights like they do in the South. Northeast HS FB matters more on Thanksgiving when we play rivalry games unlike in the South when they are playing playoff games. If Wake would host a Friday night game Syracuse or Boston College would be prime opponents for that game. If week 2 we can't get a Friday home game I would play whomever we could week 2 outside of Clemson/Florida State. Miami @ Louisville will likely be the Labor Day Monday game so Louisville is likely going to have a bye or play a 1-AA that week.

I know our ND game is a confirmed game for 9/27, but does anyone know if FSU/CLEMSON is also confirmed for that day. Even if they are not in the same time frame ( ESPN wouldn't do that would they?) it will take some eyes of our game, which is the main reason SU does this whole METLIFE thing.

no the Clemson-fsu game isn't confirmed for then but since fsu has nd in middle of October its likely to be late sept early october

I don't see Louisville on 9/6 after playing labor day night vs Miami they will likely have there fcs game that week. If pitt wasn't for Friday night game make it Thursday since we are both playing fcs games week 1. I do have Georgia tech on a bye on 11/22 along with 3 others.Wouldn't be able to move up fsu a week either as they have wake forest at home that week. I don't think the pitt game is married to late season especially espn were to say we want it for Thursday or Friday night

I know our ND game is a confirmed game for 9/27, but does anyone know if FSU/CLEMSON is also confirmed for that day. Even if they are not in the same time frame ( ESPN wouldn't do that would they?) it will take some eyes of our game, which is the main reason SU does this whole METLIFE thing.

in the mock su nd and fsu-clem would be a 330 and night game

in the mock su nd and fsu-clem would be a 330 and night game
Chris,
FSU-Clemson was Oct. 19th this year and I am betting it is Oct. 18th or Oct. 25th next year because both schools when they cashed in political capital with the Louisville/D-1AAs before their SEC rivalry games asked that their game be played in the middle of October. I think the ACC will continue that. In 2012 the FSU-Clemson game was in late September after FSU had just played OU and FSU was pissed off about that. I would expect the FSU-Clemson game to be in October 18 maybe 1 week earlier or later, but in October.

Chris,
FSU-Clemson was Oct. 19th this year and I am betting it is Oct. 18th or Oct. 25th next year because both schools when they cashed in political capital with the Louisville/D-1AAs before their SEC rivalry games asked that their game be played in the middle of October. I think the ACC will continue that. In 2012 the FSU-Clemson game was in late September after FSU had just played OU and FSU was pissed off about that. I would expect the FSU-Clemson game to be in October 18 maybe 1 week earlier or later, but in October.

fsu-clemson will definitely not be 10/18 since florida state is hosting notre dame that week and I doubt the would want it a week later or earlier. Don't forget fsu has Miami to play too which is usually early November so either 9/27 or 10/4 are likely for fsu-clemson

and whenever fsu -Clemson play Clemson will be coming off a bye just like florida state did last yr

fsu-clemson will definitely not be 10/18 since florida state is hosting notre dame that week and I doubt the would want it a week later or earlier. Don't forget fsu has Miami to play too which is usually early November so either 9/27 or 10/4 are likely for fsu-clemson
Good stuff your right then it won't be 10-18. I would bet it will be 2 weeks before or after the ND game. FSU won't want to play Clemson-Notre Dame within 2 weeks.

In my final attempt Clemson @ Florida State ended up on 11/1 with Florida State @ Miami fitting better in that 10/4 slot.

here is how Syracuse schedule worked out:
8/30-Villanova
9/6-Bye
9/13- @ Central Michigan
9/20- Maryland
9/27- vs Notre Dame @ Metlife
10/4- Duke
10/11-Louisville
10/18-@ Clemson
10/25-@ Wake Forest
11/1- NC State
11/8-Bye
11/15 Florida State
11/22-@ Pittsburgh
11/29- @ Boston College

I know the 9/6 bye is not great but late 2nd bye being before florida state is good. I actually was planning on Syracuse's second bye to be either 10/25 or 11/1 but rest of schedule wouldn't let that happen

Nice to be local I guess. I'm 2 + hrs away. Have to take time off work to get there. Fri night games suck for me.

Kinda sums up the challenge for Syracuse - can't get locals out on Saturday, but did really good in the Friday games vs West Virginia and Wake Forest with attendance. So in order to try to attract an exceptionally fickle local fan base to come out to the Dome on a Friday night, they have to jeopardize their relationship with their non-local season ticket holders.

Which is why it cracks me up when people say Syracuse needs to market more in Rochester, Albany, Watertown, Binghamton...if you're going to commit to scheduling Friday night games, the chances you'll attract non-local fans to buy season ticket packages is minimal - and it probably doesn't make much sense to spend marketing money to bring in non-locals for a one-off. Syracuse's strategy based on their scheduling commitment has to be on getting more locals to come to games...if they're going to throw marketing money away on something with a low probability of achieving anything, it makes sense to spend in NYC and not Binghamton - more upside potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom