I have one over-riding thought tonight... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I have one over-riding thought tonight...

My biggest problem is that it was the last place team! If it was to NCSt, it would not have been so bad. This will go down as a bad lose come tourny time.

Bad losses won't matter, given our resume.

That's an evaluative criteria that is used to judge mediocre teams against one another. If we rebound and go 4-1 or 3-2 over the remaining regular season games, it won't matter much.

For the first time since I had health problems in 2009, I lost perspective last night and had a meltdown. It was not pretty. I didn't throw anything and I stayed away from the keyboard to keep you guys from having to put up with my ranting and raving. But I turned into the guy that my dad doesn't like to watch games with which embarrasses me. (I was alone last night thankfully)

But the sun did come up in Kansas today (actually it didn't. It's overcast but you get the point.) Still very disappointed. I would have been surprised if we made it through undefeated but I would have rather lost to a good team (just being honest - they are 7-19 for a reason) to end the streak.

Still Orange - onto Duke!

Last edited:
My biggest problem is that it was the last place team! If it was to NCSt, it would not have been so bad. This will go down as a bad lose come tourny time.
No, it would have been worse to have lost to NC State and their bizzaro fan base.

Literally two minutes before the game started, my 3 1/2 year old daughter burned herself on our stove. Its the first time she's ever done anything like this, and was one of those not pay attention for a half second and something bad happens--my wife and I were both within 2 feet of her. Needless to say, it put my priorities in better perspective that night. I missed 90% of the first half of the game while we iced her hand and tried to figure out if we needed to take her to the emergency room, and sweated out whether she might have second degree burn, etc. And while watching the remainder of the second half, I wasn't nearly as worked up about it as I had been going in. Don't get me wrong--I was happy that we went on to win the game, it was one of those life lessons about what's important.

My 84 year old father passed away on the 2/6. The Pittsburgh victory was bittersweet for me.

My 84 year old father passed away on the 2/6. The Pittsburgh victory was bittersweet for me.

So sorry to hear that Dave. Condolences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom