I have something to say | Syracusefan.com

I have something to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeinnyc

Starter
the game thread was absolutely pathetic. The amount of complaining, b******g and moaning was pathetic. Every single page there is at least 5 comments bashing the team or just bashing JB or making asinine comments or just whining in general. I enjoy following along and posting and discussing the actual game and it's a nice outlet for me but i was embarrassed reading that crap. If you want to just bash the team n be negative go somewhere else. Don't ruin what is an incredible community and one I look forward to going to just because the team is struggling. I didn't notice any constructive criticism just moaning and ripping the guys on the team who are giving everything they have and it's PATHETIC.

the game thread was absolutely pathetic. The amount of complaining, b******g and moaning was pathetic. Every single page there is at least 5 comments bashing the team or just bashing JB or making asinine comments or just whining in general. I enjoy following along and posting and discussing the actual game and it's a nice outlet for me but i was embarrassed reading that crap. If you want to just bash the team n be negative go somewhere else. Don't ruin what is an incredible community and one I look forward to going to just because the team is struggling. I didn't notice any constructive criticism just moaning and ripping the guys on the team who are giving everything they have and it's PATHETIC.

On every board I have ever been on game threads are negative. In fact when things are going well. sometimes they are shorter. Must be a human nature thing.

Come to the chat room for next game. We had a very civil discussion ... even when the team was not doing well.
I normally do. I just find it very frustrating n annoying having to follow along with some of those comments in there. I thought it was horrendous. I wasn't happy with the way we played either but enough is enough.

On every board I have ever been on game threads are negative. In fact when things are going well. sometimes they are shorter. Must be a human nature thing.

Essentially game threads bring the dumb out of mostly intelligent posters. And it's not just a Syracuse.fan thing.

I agree but in most game threads there's actual discussion going on and not just asinine, ridiculous comments and I don't want this to keep continuing and I'm sure many others on here don't also since this a great community and one of the best college boards I've been on so I figured I should step up and say something.

I normally do. I just find it very frustrating n annoying having to follow along with some of those comments in there. I thought it was horrendous. I wasn't happy with the way we played either but enough is enough.

I thought the game thread was fair comment on what actually happened on the "basketball" court.

Enough said.

That was brave.

I agree but in most game threads there's actual discussion going on and not just asinine, ridiculous comments and I don't want this to keep continuing and I'm sure many others on here don't also since this a great community and one of the best college boards I've been on so I figured I should step up and say something.
That's why I like the chatroom. I like to watch the game and cheer on the team. And most chatroomers are busy...well, chatting. It's like having your friends in the room. Save the axegrinding and hyperanalysis and negativity for somewhere else. It's also more visually appealing or condusive for the game, imho.

Reactions: cto
I have something to say as well. I may or not have had a few brews at this point but we are on a 1 game win streak right now. I could and will drink to that :)
:rolling:Me too

That was brave.

ya know, i frequent this board many times a day, i truly enjoy reading it, this is the first and last place i come to about cuse basketball but this just annoyed me, i live in nyc and don't really have people to discuss the game with so this board is where i do that and what i saw was just pathetic and made me not want to be a part of it

That's why I like the chatroom. I like to watch the game and cheer on the team. And most chatroomers are busy...well, chatting. It's like having your friends in the room. Save the axegrinding and hyperanalysis and negativity for somewhere else. It's also more visually appealing or condusive for the game, imho.

ill give that a shot next time, i didn't realize it was an option, thank you

ya know, i frequent this board many times a day, i truly enjoy reading it, this is the first and last place i come to about cuse basketball but this just annoyed me, i live in nyc and don't really have people to discuss the game with so this board is where i do that and what i saw was just pathetic and made me not want to be a part of it

I feel your pain, and Im far from the most positive poster lately(even self-***ned myself for a bit until I felt composed enough to return). Heck, even as a part time heel I had trouble finding anything to say until maybe 5 minutes left in the game, so I dont want you to feel alone. Maybe part of it was that Im trying to maintain sobriety despite the negativity and frequent mentions of alcohol/other stuff in there. Dont get me wrong, I'm all for that, but I tend to say things I regret when alterred. Maybe they were just really wasted? I think it was a board meltdown, which normally doesnt happen until after games or when talking about other schools. Anyhow, as a fellow out of towner I feel you deserve some solidarity.

What that thread needed was my board mentor. Can folks imagine him reacting to it? lol, I smiled just thinking about it.

I did not participate in the game thread. I was unconscious from repeatedly slamming my head against the desk because I had no mechanism by which to bet my life savings on PITT +17.

You sir are right.

I did not participate in the game thread. I was unconscious from repeatedly slamming my head against the desk because I had no mechanism by which to bet my life savings on PITT +17.

Ha, but the Cuse did get the lead to 16 at least once, so you may have saved yourself from other health complications besides the head injury. I read at least one fan that said he in fact did bet against Syracuse.

I was thinking the same thing — that felt like an absolute lock. The funny thing is it actually was pretty close to a cover. From the last couple minutes of the first half to the final buzzer I think we actually out scored Pitt by 18. And that was with a lot of missed open looks (as opposed to missed bad looks) in the 2nd. That says a lot about Pitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom