I have to go back to the '13-14 BC Game | Syracusefan.com

I have to go back to the '13-14 BC Game

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
to think of a team that was as bad as Oakland today. I know Oakland was missing some players - I wish them and all Oaklands the best.

And now the rest of the story; in '13-14, as some of you might remember, we were on a 25-0 winning streak to open the season and were ranked #1. BC scored 17 pts in the first half and I remember thinking that they looked like a HS basketball team out there and felt bad for them. Moments after I had that thought, BC started playing better, SU worse, and they went on to win in overtime.

SU was never the same again.

to think of a team that was as bad as Oakland today. I know Oakland was missing some players - I wish them and all Oaklands the best.

And now the rest of the story; in '13-14, as some of you might remember, we were on a 25-0 winning streak to open the season and were ranked #1. BC scored 17 pts in the first half and I remember thinking that they looked like a HS basketball team out there and felt bad for them. Moments after I had that thought, BC started playing better, SU worse, and they went on to win in overtime.

SU was never the same again.
That is THE game when the whole basketball program turned mediocre, just a middling ACC team since!

That is THE game when the whole basketball program turned mediocre, just a middling ACC team since!
We played fairly well and had Duke all but beat at Cameron the next game but they called the charge on Fair. If they call that a block, I’m guessing we probably barely remember the BC loss.

after that combo of losses, we never really played well the rest of that year from what I remember.

The signs were there before the first loss but anyone that tried to point them out was shut down. We had a hard time on offense in the half court and had a few breaks to keep the streak going to 25. We had a good team, but anyone paying attention to how the team played independent of the final score knew we weren't quite as good as our record.

The signs were there before the first loss but anyone that tried to point them out was shut down. We had a hard time on offense in the half court and had a few breaks to keep the streak going to 25. We had a good team, but anyone paying attention to the how the team played independent of the final score knew we weren't quite as good as our record.
All that is true.

We still should’ve been able to beat BC at home and get passed Dayton in the tourney. That game was so bad - I think we made one shot outside the paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom