I hesitate to post this (on a personal note) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I hesitate to post this (on a personal note)

My deepest condolences. I lost my mom many years ago, and still think fondly back on the times we spent watching the cuse. She and my dad are alums, and the '96 tourney run was a wonderful time in our household. So sorry to hear about your loss!

We lost our mom today after a brutal battle with cancer. Just over two years ago my dad died of cancer. I turned them both into huge 'cuse hoops fans.
Maybe Syracuse basketball has been my outlet to escape/vent/rage/emote these past couple years, I don't know. I'm not trying to elicit sympathy, or an excuse for my at-times caustic posts. I guess it's one of those "perspective" days and I felt the need to share it.

I'm happy that her last real basketball enjoyment before she couldn't watch anymore was of Tyus beating g'town last week.
My deepest condolences, pearl.

I am deeply sorry for these horrible losses, Pearl. Beyond that, though I haven't been someone who has been upset by any posting you've made, just know that I would forgive you even if I had been. I think everyone on the forum feels that way, even the people who you may have irritated. Hopefully it mitigates some of your upset over that to understand that people here are sympathetic to your situation. Do not beat yourself up over your posting.

We lost our mom today after a brutal battle with cancer. Just over two years ago my dad died of cancer. I turned them both into huge 'cuse hoops fans.
Maybe Syracuse basketball has been my outlet to escape/vent/rage/emote these past couple years, I don't know. I'm not trying to elicit sympathy, or an excuse for my at-times caustic posts. I guess it's one of those "perspective" days and I felt the need to share it.

I'm happy that her last real basketball enjoyment before she couldn't watch anymore was of Tyus beating g'town last week.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

We come to this site and pick at each other and fight with each other just like a real family. Stands to reason that we should console each other when we're having a hard time too. Just like family. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Don't hesitate to post here anytime you're having a hard time getting through this. We got your back.

Most sincere condolences for your loss. The loss of a parent is always life altering. Wishing that you are showered with grace to comfort you and temper your sorrow. I lost my father 23 years ago and a day does not go by that I don't think of him and miss him. I am comforted in seeing his traits reflected in my children and now grandchildren. It is the fond memories of those who we have lost that keep them vitally alive in our lives long after they have passed.

So sorry for your loss Pearl. Been off for a couple of days but reading down through these 3 pages of posts is a big reality check over worrying about the loss to ODU. Hate to say it folks but life is a hell of a lot bigger than even SU basketball.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Sincere condolence to you and your family. We just lost my wife's Mom from cancer the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Really sorry for your loss, Pearl. Thanks for posting this. You did the right thing reaching out to the community. Isolation, especially at a time like this, is a profoundly terrible thing.

Wishing you peace and strength in the weeks and months ahead.

Pearl...so sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my dad in 2004 and my mom 3 years ago. I celebrate them however I can. My mom beat cancer in her 50s and lived to 93, but I lost 2 siblings and a niece to that dastardly disease. I hope your memories ease your loss. My mom loved Christmas and kept a tree and decorations up year round in her last years. She loved the "home alone" movies and I watch them for her when I can. She also was in love with John Wayne but think my dad was ok with it. I watch her collection of his movies when I can as well. Best wishes to you and your family...

Pearl...so sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my dad in 2004 and my mom 3 years ago. I celebrate them however I can. My mom beat cancer in her 50s and lived to 93, but I lost 2 siblings and a niece to that dastardly disease. I hope your memories ease your loss. My mom loved Christmas and kept a tree and decorations up year round in her last years. She loved the "home alone" movies and I watch them for her when I can. She also was in love with John Wayne but think my dad was ok with it. I watch her collection of his movies when I can as well. Best wishes to you and your family...
thanks for sharing this, it's great

Sorry for your loss, my mother succumbed in '85 and my father in '11.