I hesitate to post this (on a personal note) | Syracusefan.com

I hesitate to post this (on a personal note)

pearl31

in cahoots
We lost our mom today after a brutal battle with cancer. Just over two years ago my dad died of cancer. I turned them both into huge 'cuse hoops fans.
Maybe Syracuse basketball has been my outlet to escape/vent/rage/emote these past couple years, I don't know. I'm not trying to elicit sympathy, or an excuse for my at-times caustic posts. I guess it's one of those "perspective" days and I felt the need to share it.

I'm happy that her last real basketball enjoyment before she couldn't watch anymore was of Tyus beating g'town last week.

Aw man -- first of all, deepest condolences. I doubt that there are many out there whose families haven't been touched by cancer.

Terribly sorry about your loss, Pearl. Cancer sucks.

We lost our mom today after a brutal battle with cancer. Just over two years ago my dad died of cancer. I turned them both into huge 'cuse hoops fans.
Maybe Syracuse basketball has been my outlet to escape/vent/rage/emote these past couple years, I don't know. I'm not trying to elicit sympathy, or an excuse for my at-times caustic posts. I guess it's one of those "perspective" days and I felt the need to share it.

I'm happy that her last real basketball enjoyment before she couldn't watch anymore was of Tyus beating g'town last week.
No reason you should hesitate to post this. Cancer is nasty and no matter what has affected everyone of us. I lost my mom 4.5 years ago (the same night Yukon won the NC-talk about how I remember the date) and my dad three years ago. Your parents are your parents. There are no replacements. Enjoy the time you were able to spend with them and remember their memories. My condolences to you and your family.

Incredibly sorry to hear this.

That is awful.

I am very sorry to hear that.

Thank you for sharing, and very sorry to hear that.

I'm so sad for you. I lost my mom on May 30th of this year. We only get one of them. I promise you that it will get better. For me, I told people I would go away for a week or two but I would have to take me with me so there was no point. I couldn't escape the sadness. hang in there and if you get too down, dm me. I will always be there to talk to.

Pearl, I wish I could take some of your sadness to lighten your load. Such a tough situation but at least now her suffering is over.

Cancer is a bitch. I've been lucky enough to beat it but too many of my friends and former classmates haven't.
Maybe we'll see the day when this terrible disease is finally under control.

Here's hoping for better days for you.

I am so very sorry to read this. My condolences to you and your family, pearl31. Sounds like you have lots of happy memories that will always be there for you. Be well and take care.

I'm so sad for you. I lost my mom on May 30th of this year. We only get one of them. I promise you that it will get better. For me, I told people I would go away for a week or two but I would have to take me with me so there was no point. I couldn't escape the sadness. hang in there and if you get too down, dm me. I will always be there to talk to.
Dasher is so right, Pearl. You can’t escape the sadness. But it helps to share and I am so glad you shared with us because we all need to be told that we are not alone, and that this horrific loss can be survived. I don’t know if you can relate to this but a few weeks before my mom died (2009) she said, “Peggy, you’re going to be an orphan. It’s terrible to be an orphan!” Truer words were never spoken. For me, it’s a little like you’re untethered. But you learn to adapt. Happiness comes again and our parents want us to be happy. This is an experience that connects us with billions of other souls. We are not alone, especially if we share.

Dasher, so sorry for your loss as well.

So sorry to hear this. Basketball has been my outlet many times over the years. It is definitely a nice distraction. And now football too.
Condolences and my thoughts are with you, and will be with you as I watch tomorrow night with you in mind...

Dasher is so right, Pearl. You can’t escape the sadness. But it helps to share and I am so glad you shared with us because we all need to be told that we are not alone, and that this horrific loss can be survived. I don’t know if you can relate to this but a few weeks before my mom died (2009) she said, “Peggy, you’re going to be an orphan. It’s terrible to be an orphan!” Truer words were never spoken. For me, it’s a little like you’re untethered. But you learn to adapt. Happiness comes again and our parents want us to be happy. This is an experience that connects us with billions of other souls. We are not alone, especially if we share.

Dasher, so sorry for your loss as well.
Thank you for this. I just love that sentiment from your mom.

so sorry to hear about the loss of both your parents. Cancer is truly the worst. Just know they are together now and keep all those great memories with you.