I hesitate to post this (on a personal note) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hesitate to post this (on a personal note)

Very sorry for your loss Pearl. We are all family in Cuse here, hopefully being here, discussing Orange hoops, arguing man v zone and all the other inane things we debate gives you some comfort and provides you an anchor through this difficult time.

Truly sorry for your loss pearl especially this time of year. I'm very close to my parents also and can't imagine. Hopefully the team starts playing better and provides something positive to distract you for at least a little while.

I lost my mother to cancer. She was the bravest person I ever knew.This horrible disease touches a lot of people. Condolences too you and your family

We lost our mom today after a brutal battle with cancer. Just over two years ago my dad died of cancer. I turned them both into huge 'cuse hoops fans.
Maybe Syracuse basketball has been my outlet to escape/vent/rage/emote these past couple years, I don't know. I'm not trying to elicit sympathy, or an excuse for my at-times caustic posts. I guess it's one of those "perspective" days and I felt the need to share it.

I'm happy that her last real basketball enjoyment before she couldn't watch anymore was of Tyus beating g'town last week.
Your namesake too. Sorry Pearl. Hang in there.

So sorry about the loss of your mom Pearl. Right after my mother passed, a friend of mine whose own mom had died just 6 months before mine said -“Cherie it’s scary , we’re in the front pew now, no buffers, but thankfully our parents did it so well, we’ll be okay”. She was right - it is definitely hard to realize now but your mom’s memory will hurt at first but then will end up being the main factor to help pull you through it all. Thinking of you and your family.

We lost our mom today after a brutal battle with cancer. Just over two years ago my dad died of cancer. I turned them both into huge 'cuse hoops fans.
Maybe Syracuse basketball has been my outlet to escape/vent/rage/emote these past couple years, I don't know. I'm not trying to elicit sympathy, or an excuse for my at-times caustic posts. I guess it's one of those "perspective" days and I felt the need to share it.

I'm happy that her last real basketball enjoyment before she couldn't watch anymore was of Tyus beating g'town last week.

Thank you for sharing pearl31. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Heckuva a final enjoyment watching that 2nd half. Glad she was able to experience that.

Very sorry for your loss.

I'm very sorry for your loss. We're a community brought together by our mutual interest in SU sports. What makes it special is that we get to know each other, at least to a certain extent. When you hurt, we hurt. We're all with you.

So sorry for your loss pearl. Such a terrible thing to lose a parent. Quite a reminder that we never know what is going on in posters everyday lives while they are on here posting.

So sorry about the loss of your mom Pearl. Right after my mother passed, a friend of mine whose own mom had died just 6 months before mine said -“Cherie it’s scary , we’re in the front pew now, no buffers, but thankfully our parents did it so well, we’ll be okay”. She was right - it is definitely hard to realize but your mom’s memory will hurt at first but then will end up being the main factor to help pull you through it all. Thinking of you and your family.
thanks Cherie for sharing this, it's wonderful

Cancer, indeed, blows and I'm sorry for your loss. Going out on a Tyus buzzer beater over G'town, and I'm not trying to be flippant but rather sincere if you are a big Syracuse fan, is a nice last call and hopefully is of some minuscule solace.

I'm so sorry.