I hope that everyone that left early tripped on the way out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hope that everyone that left early tripped on the way out

Funniest part to me was it got MUCH louder after they left. Hopefully those fans won't make that mistake again.

Funniest part to me was it got MUCH louder after they left. Hopefully those fans won't make that mistake again.

It really was. The student section was deafening through the whole comeback.

you are crazy if you dont think kids that visit dont notice the stands..

Ahhhhhhhh, Well low attendance I could see being a factor on some level. But ya know what it comes down to 2 BIG factors at the end of the day. 1) WINNING and 2) SENDING PLAYERS TO THE NFL. Period! End of debate.

Us on this board can go back and forth till we are blue in the face. Good fan, bad fan, I stayed till the end, you didn't...it doesn't matter. We can sit here 365 days a year and cry from the roof-tops that we gotta pack the dome to grow the program and attract better players. But bottom line, win games and get some guys holding up a jersey standing next to Goodell on ESPN in April and thats when the players will start to come in.
Ahhhhhhhh, Well low attendance I could see being a factor on some level. But ya know what it comes down to 2 BIG factors at the end of the day. 1) WINNING and 2) SENDING PLAYERS TO THE NFL. Period! End of debate.

Us on this board can go back and forth till we are blue in the face. Good fan, bad fan, I stayed till the end, you didn't...it doesn't matter. We can sit here 365 days a year and cry from the roof-tops that we gotta pack the dome to grow the program and attract better players. But bottom line, win games and get some guys holding up a jersey standing next to Goodell on ESPN in April and thats when the players will start to come in.

I guess Marrone doesn't know what he's talking about then.

Building was 20% full at the end; those that stayed saw an amazing finish. That was one of the best comebacks I've seen in some time. Those 2 catches by Chewbacca were ridiculous.

So we're at the point where we complain about the fans who don't show, now the ones who do show and leave early. At least they went to the game.

Granted, we seriously do have a fans-in seats-issue. Thank goodness for the Dome acoustics making the place seem loud as heck on TV even when the aluminum is as evident as the humans.

Then the beat writer is clueless as well if he really believes that. No 18 year old kid is picking a school based on if the fans leave the games early!

Agree, this excuse is tired. People want to play for winners. This "being part of something special" schtick will end with recruits. The culture change and turnaround is great,but we have to win. We have to continue to win and play in postseason.

Then the beat writer is clueless as well if he really believes that. No 18 year old kid is picking a school based on if the fans leave the games early!
And you have better insights into this than an SU beat writer because...?

This is why we aren't getting the 5 star kids, like the one from Rochester. Our fans are too quick to give up. Other coaches point that stuff out.
Quick to give up? How many games have we won at home over the past 10 years? The people who left pay good money for tickets, parking, tail gating and anything else that goes with being an SU fan of late. You can't blame anyone for leaving after the Bailey fumble. If your buddy opened a steak house and the food was terrible would you keep going there and paying because he is your buddy? I don't think so. If the product on the field isn't what you paid for, don't stay. I can't blame anyone who left especially after the last few years even including last years bowl winning team.

I guess Marrone doesn't know what he's talking about then.

Marrone is one of those that puts it on the fans for the program to be successful. But his angst is misplaced. He needs to go talk to Gross, not the fans. Almost everything SU does is counter to putting fannies in the seats. Parking, tailgating situation, week night games, 15 OOC games in NYC, etc. Like I've said before, there people are talking out of both sides of their mouths. They are going for things that make money for the University or the program, but they are not things that put fannies in the seats. It is OK to do the one, but stop with the onus being put on the fans being in the seats for the program to get where it wants to be. If I'm Marrone, I'm kicking Gross and Cantor in the arse for some of these decisions, but lay off the fans.

Quick to give up? How many games have we won at home over the past 10 years? The people who left pay good money for tickets, parking, tail gating and anything else that goes with being an SU fan of late. You can't blame anyone for leaving after the Bailey fumble. If your buddy opened a steak house and the food was terrible would you keep going there and paying because he is your buddy? I don't think so. If the product on the field isn't what you paid for, don't stay. I can't blame anyone who left especially after the last few years even including last years bowl winning team.

You don't leave when it isn't over. 15 points is 2 scores with a quarter to go. It's not over.

Umm, they showed a lot of Auburn fans leaving the building when Utah St. went up 10.

Marrone is one of those that puts it on the fans for the program to be successful. But his angst is misplaced. He needs to go talk to Gross, not the fans. Almost everything SU does is counter to putting fannies in the seats. Parking, tailgating situation, week night games, 15 OOC games in NYC, etc. Like I've said before, there people are talking out of both sides of their mouths. They are going for things that make money for the University or the program, but they are not things that put fannies in the seats. It is OK to do the one, but stop with the onus being put on the fans being in the seats for the program to get where it wants to be. If I'm Marrone, I'm kicking Gross and Cantor in the arse for some of these decisions, but lay off the fans.

They have to take the TV money. It dwarfs the attendance money.

can't argue that. then people shouldn't put any onus on the fans for the programs success.

BTW, what was the TV advantage for Thursday vs. Saturday? Plus, there is no guarantee is there that all these OOC games in NYC will be on TV is there? Maybe some would be on TV in the Dome. I really hope TGD is working some 1-1-1's into this thing.

Wow...that is far too much common sense for this board. As a fan for too many years, I have to agree wholeheartedly. I'd also like to add that I find the lack of a "true college football experience" appalling. We need less canned music, more band (tubas), and less promoting. The way it is now on the hill for games makes it seem like the event is just a vehicle to produce advertising money.

Great comeback, but honestly, I'd have left if I was at the game.

With our track record the last 4-5 years, tell me you wouldn't have left either.

You'd be a liar.

With our track record the last 4-5 years, tell me you wouldn't have left either.

You'd be a liar.

Who were you replying to?

You'd be a liar.

I didn't leave...

It was a 12 point game when most people left, and there was still 6 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter. We're not talking about a 30 point blow-out. I can accept people moving on with their lives at that point. But 12 points? Seriously...

You'd be a liar.
How am I a liar, I have never left early in my life...granted I refused to go to any games in the Grob era (at the time I was back in school working full time and have a wife and 5 kids, couldn't quite justify football tickets)...that would have been a true test, but if I choose to go to a game I am there for the game

How am I a liar, I have never left early in my life...granted I refused to go to any games in the Grob era (at the time I was back in school working full time and have a wife and 5 kids, couldn't quite justify football tickets)...that would have been a true test, but if I choose to go to a game I am there for the game
Moreover...this program IS going in the right direction, as long as they continue to go in the right direction I will support, the only thing that would (and nearly did) stop me from attending is if theses bonehead decisions of the Athletic Department scheduling games in the Meadowlands every other year until what is it 2038? That might make me stop spending season ticket money as the games start getting scheduled...but we shall see

The announcers actually said that the dome was one of the loudest venues in college football anywhere. And that the WF game was one of the loudest that they had heard in a long time

The announcers actually said that the dome was one of the loudest venues in college football anywhere. And that the WF game was one of the loudest that they had heard in a long time
Hate to break it to ya but every announcer says that about most games these days. Try to build up an "atmosphere" for the person at home watching on TV/Internet these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom