I hope the Angels kept the receipt | Syracusefan.com

I hope the Angels kept the receipt

Sounds like they think it's minor, at least. Tanaka has had something similar the last few years

They're paying the guy like $3 million. There's zero risk here
It’s really the oddest situation.

I didn’t want him in The Bronx because I didn’t want the sideshow (of course now the main tent is ridiculous and a show within the show...) and I’m also not sure if he will good at either.

If I hadn’t to pick 1 where he will, Pitcher. But even then I’m thinking a 3 is his high role.

I didn’t want him in The Bronx because I didn’t want the sideshow (of course now the main tent is ridiculous and a show within the show...) and I’m also not sure if he will good at either.

If I hadn’t to pick 1 where he will, Pitcher. But even then I’m thinking a 3 is his high role.

I can't say if this injury is an issue or not, who knows with that.

I think based on all scouting reports (plus his numbers) say he absolutely has chance to be an ace. The stuff is legit. I think as a hitter he's probably more middle of the road.

I disagree

I disagree
Ok.

He can hit?

He’s a better pitcher than every single Japanese pitcher who’s came here?? all of which...IMO, are 3s at best with moments of 1.

Or will he excel at both??

Ok.

He can hit?

He’s a better pitcher than every single Japanese pitcher who’s came here?? all of which...IMO, are 3s at best with moments of 1.

Oh, I doubt he can do both. Hitting in the big leagues isn't a part time job. I think he is a front of the rotation pitcher. I also think Darvish and Tanaka have been better than #3 pitchers. And most of the guys that come here, have been older. This kid is 23.

Ok.

He can hit?

The dude had a 1.86 ERA ERA as a 21 year old. Career era is 2.52. Yeah, i think it's reasonable to think he's the best japanese pitcher that's come over.

Darvish is generally a 1, he wasn't great this year. Since he came over (6 seasons) of pitchers who have thrown at least 500 IP, he's 11th in ERA+. One of those is Kyle Hendricks, who has only 580 IP, so I think it's reasonable to call him a 1.

Darvish is the best Iranian Pitcher I know.

He’s good though. Maybe because I have a front row seat to Tanaka, I down play him. But I don’t think I’m wrong. He was the de facto 1, but was really a stretch 2, the Yankees just didn’t have a 1 till Severino this year.

His age is key, I’ll give everyone that.

There is just something odd here.

Dash is right though, hitting is a full time job and if there s2 or 3 day’s a week here he has to shut down swings because of his arm...well, I’d say...Hello Mendoza Line.

Darvish is the best Iranian Pitcher I know.

He’s good though. Maybe because I have a front row seat to Tanaka, I down play him. But I don’t think I’m wrong. He was the de facto 1, but was really a stretch 2, the Yankees just didn’t have a 1 till Severino this year.

His age is key, I’ll give everyone that.

There is just something odd here.

Dash is right though, hitting is a full time job and if there s2 or 3 day’s a week here he has to shut down swings because of his arm...well, I’d say...Hello Mendoza Line.

Ideally, I think it's best if he picks one position (probably should be pitcher) and goes with it. But if he really wants to try both ways, I have to say, that is pretty awesome, and he only needs one team to try and let him.

I do feel like the most likely scenario is he tries it for a year or two and then becomes a full time pitcher. But if he can pull it off, this could be one of the coolest thing in baseball history.

Now we know why he jumped at the chance to get the smaller contract now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom