I Hope This Board Learned A Lesson Tonight... | Syracusefan.com

I Hope This Board Learned A Lesson Tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
...way too much talking going around on this board all week.

With the way people completely disregarded UConn and basically said that this would be a pushover, you'd think we were playing DePaul or Rutgers.

Karma's a bitch, folks. I hope people are happy. Now the boneyard "trolls" will be out in full force.

Agreed with the smack talk. I was a part of it, mostly because I just find it hilarious and a way to pass time at work.

I couldn't quite understand the people who thought we would win big though. That confused me a bit.

The only lesson I learned is that it doesn't now nor has it ever mattered what a bunch of armchair point guards posting on a message board type.

Agreed with the smack talk. I was a part of it, mostly because I just find it hilarious and a way to pass time at work.

I couldn't quite understand the people who thought we would win big though. That confused me a bit.

This was clearly UConn's Championship Game and they came out to play. Boatwright and Napier beat up Triche and MCW and took their lunch money.

Complete dismantling.

The theme in those losses?

Coaches that understand how to attack a zone and be physical.

Bottom line, never expect an easy conference road win, rarely happens.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

More so this year than ever. Parity runs deeper in the conference than ever before. Really isn't a great team. A lot of good teams.

Doesn't change the fact that we completely the bed tonight.

With the way people completely disregarded UConn and basically said that this would be a pushover, you'd think we were playing DePaul or Rutgers.

Karma's a bitch, folks. I hope people are happy. Now the boneyard "trolls" will be out in full force.

Dear lord. It was freaking rivalry week. We were having fun. Good for the UConn fans. It's one freaking game. We played horribly and UConn is a top 25 RPI team at home against their biggest rival. It happens.

I'm not happy with how we played, but I'm too old (35 tomorrow) to live and die with every game...except the NCAA tournament.

Dear lord. It was freaking rivalry week. We were having fun. Good for the UConn fans. It's one freaking game. We played horribly and UConn is a top 25 RPI team at home against their biggest rival. It happens.

You won't be singing the same tune when this loss could end up costing us a #2 seed in a month or so.

You won't be singing the same tune when this loss could end up costing us a #2 seed in a month or so.

It wont. It isn't a bad loss at all. Temple was a bad loss. This is a loss.

We shot 4-23 from three, 35% from the field, and 8-14 in freethrows,

While Uconn shot 8-15 from three, 46% from the field and 16-22 from the freethrow line.
In front of a pumped out crowd that helped them play better and us worse.

Thats not karma, its called losing a game. And outside of maybe dropping one number in a seed in march it means nothing. Of course Karma owes us about 4 FF's and atleast another title by my count :p.

Not making shots. Exhibit A tonight: 35%.

Agreed. That as well. It's amplified when we force a bad shot and then our opponent has a 25 second possession and end up with an open look. Seriously. Uconn had some WIDE open threes tonight. I could have made them.

Yes we all know karma and "fan humbleness" is why UK won it last year and why the Cowboys & Patriots have 5 and 3 Super Bowl rings and the Browns and Bills have none. Adios with that weak sauce.

This was clearly UConn's Championship Game and they came out to play. Boatwright and Napier beat up Triche and MCW and took their lunch money.

Complete dismantling.

No doubt. One thing our guards are not is quick a foot. They dominated our guards...made them look JV-ish and at any time appeared they could just blow by them with ease...and pretty much did whenever they wanted to.

And its because of that we couldnt make a shot?

Let them troll. They deserve this win.

My big issue was with how the board whooped it up all week and talked smack about UConn to the point where clearly there was no respect at the end of the day.

Look, I hate UConn as much as the next guy, even since I started watching college ball and Khalid El-Amin's pudgy ass won a NC, but you have to give them respect.

I hate Pitt, Nova & UConn as much as anyone else, but they've handled us pretty well over the last few years and UConn ALWAYS plays us close.

The posts calling this to be a 10+ point Cuse' win were severely misguided, IMO.

The board didn't miss foul shots, leave the zone open, or get a questionable call against MCW for his 5th. And, the board didn't sit CJ Fair for Cooney.

we do have an overly shortsighted fanbase. the simple fact is that we can win or lose pretty much every single BE (and OOC) road game, but that is too often ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.