I Hope This Board Learned A Lesson Tonight... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I Hope This Board Learned A Lesson Tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had fun poking fun at this thread. However, I have no problem with people predicting victory and talking to and about UConn fans. I do have an issue with people saying we would beat them because we would nominate the boards and inside. When has SU ever won a game due to those reasons?!

I expect us to go 2-2 vs. GT, @ GT, @MU and vs. UL.

If we go 3-0 against SH, Prov and DePaul, we'll end up 25-6.

That doesn't exactly "scream" 2 seed to me.

This game and the Nova' game were games you hate to have thrown away. Bottom line.
Then I'd hate to be the 2 in our bracket, for they would get their fn arses handed to them in a dirty sock.

I expect us to go 2-2 vs. GT, @ GT, @MU and vs. UL.

If we go 3-0 against SH, Prov and DePaul, we'll end up 25-6.

That doesn't exactly "scream" 2 seed to me.
This game and the Nova' game were games you hate to have thrown away. Bottom line.
First of all matchups are more important than seeding. A top 3 seed is fine.
Second, i told u so is generally more effective if you actually said something beforehand.

I never said that people's talking directly led to the loss. Where did I say that? All I said was, "karma's a b*tch." And it is.

When you walk around like you run and basically undermine your opponent, your claims of dominance ring hollow when the team shows you that they're not as good as you thought they were.

...and you sound like an idiot.
Yes, because a message board during UConn Hate Week is a horrible place to run our mouths & talk .
Dude, whats your point? Its a message board, and its all in fun.
Lighten up, Francis.

I never said that people's talking directly led to the loss. Where did I say that? All I said was, "karma's a b*tch." And it is.

When you walk around like you run and basically undermine your opponent, your claims of dominance ring hollow when the team shows you that they're not as good as you thought they were.

...and you sound like an idiot.
I had a girlfriend who was a b*tch. Her name was Karen. You sure you don't mean her?

Just got back to my hotel room. Rowdy crowd, as I expected, but i was proud to wear the orange. Kudos to a strong Syracuse turnout.

UConn played an inspired game tonight, but not one I expect them to duplicate any time soon. They are scrappy and play hard, but not much talent on that squad.

While I've been critical of the language on this board, at a time like this, I think we need to pull together. I took a lot of guff from UConn fans tonight, but the thing we must always remember is who we are. It's time to give UConn fans a history lesson:

1) We HAVE three championships TOO, or are UConn fans too ignorant of history to remember the Helms championships. I wouldn't trade one Helms trophy for all three of their modern day, water-downed banners.
2) Our football program has been around for ages. You've only got ten years under your belt at our level with little to show for it.
3) One word: Lacrosse.

Just got back to my hotel room. Rowdy crowd, as I expected, but i was proud to wear the orange. Kudos to a strong Syracuse turnout.

UConn played an inspired game tonight, but not one I expect them to duplicate any time soon. They are scrappy and play hard, but not much talent on that squad.

While I've been critical of the language on this board, at a time like this, I think we need to pull together. I took a lot of guff from UConn fans tonight, but the thing we must always remember is who we are. It's time to give UConn fans a history lesson:

1) We HAVE three championships TOO, or are UConn fans too ignorant of history to remember the Helms championships. I wouldn't trade one Helms trophy for all three of their modern day, water-downed banners.
2) Our football program has been around for ages. You've only got ten years under your belt at our level with little to show for it.
3) One word: Lacrosse.
I would trade both our Helms titles for another final four.

Status
Not open for further replies.