I Hope This Board Learned A Lesson Tonight... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I Hope This Board Learned A Lesson Tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My big issue was with how the board whooped it up all week and talked smack about UConn to the point where clearly there was no respect at the end of the day.

Look, I hate UConn as much as the next guy, even since I started watching college ball and Khalid El-Amin's pudgy ass won a NC, but you have to give them respect.

I hate Pitt, Nova & UConn as much as anyone else, but they've handled us pretty well over the last few years and UConn ALWAYS plays us close.

The posts calling this to be a 10+ point Cuse' win were severely misguided, IMO.

I didnt realize that Kevin Ollie showed them this boards responses...Stop talking. We lost. Its one game. Move on to Saturtday. Michigan lost by 100 last night. Kansas lost to a high school team. We will bounce back.

My big issue was with how the board whooped it up all week and talked smack about UConn to the point where clearly there was no respect at the end of the day.

Look, I hate UConn as much as the next guy, even since I started watching college ball and Khalid El-Amin's pudgy ass won a NC, but you have to give them respect.

I hate Pitt, Nova & UConn as much as anyone else, but they've handled us pretty well over the last few years and UConn ALWAYS plays us close.

The posts calling this to be a 10+ point Cuse' win were severely misguided, IMO.

Some were calling for a 40 point beatdown.

...way too much talking going around on this board all week.

With the way people completely disregarded UConn and basically said that this would be a pushover, you'd think we were playing DePaul or Rutgers.

Karma's a bitch, folks. I hope people are happy. Now the boneyard "trolls" will be out in full force.
You're the same guy who tells those crazy kids down in front to sit down so you can enjoy your game in silence.

You're the same guy who tells those crazy kids down in front to sit down so you can enjoy your game in silence.

Dude, I'm 27. Relax.

I just try to enjoy some perspective and don't let my misguided hatred for other programs cloud my rational predictions as to how our basketball team will fare in upcoming athletic contests.

And I'll take this fine moment to point out that such perspective was severely lacking on this board the last few days.

Dude, I'm 27. Relax.

I just try to enjoy some perspective and don't let my misguided hatred for other programs cloud my rational predictions as to how our basketball team will fare in upcoming athletic contests.

And I'll take this fine moment to point out that such perspective was severely lacking on this board the last few days.
And such perspective had ZERO INFLUENCE on the outcome of the game.

Keep that in mind.

we do have an overly shortsighted fanbase. the simple fact is that we can win or lose pretty much every single BE (and OOC) road game, but that is too often ignored.
your point?
only unlv '91 and ucla '70-'72 are allowed to talk trash to a hated rival?

we do have an overly shortsighted fanbase. the simple fact is that we can win or lose pretty much every single BE (and OOC) road game, but that is too often ignored.

Many have forgotten that because before this season we had been scratching out wins in two of the last three years even when, in some occasions, we didn't deserve to win.

Yes, I learned a very valuable lesson. Next year leading up to the UConn game I will not disrespect them and talk trash . . . oh wait . . .

Many have forgotten that because before this season we had been scratching out wins in two of the last three years even when, in some occasions, we didn't deserve to win.
I don't know. I agree about the scratching out wins part, but I'm not so sure about the deserved to win part. I've seen hundreds of games over the years and plenty where both teams were scratching it out. SU lost it's share too, but I wouldn't say the other team disn't deserve the win. You keep the game close, you make plays down the stretch and you win (or lose). The win is deserved regardless which team comes out on top.

And such perspective had ZERO INFLUENCE on the outcome of the game.

Keep that in mind.

Oh, I'm aware of that, trust me.

I just find it pretty irritating when people on this board on other teams and claim "big beatdowns."

I for one prefer to let the games play themselves out. I think it's pretty stupid to do otherwise, because then you end up looking like a clown, as well as pretty conceited.

I certainly learned my lesson. Next time I'm drinking 10 $1 PBR's in the bar car of the train instead of the 6 I had tonight.

I just find it pretty irritating when people on this board on other teams and claim "big beatdowns."

I for one prefer to let the games play themselves out. I think it's pretty stupid to do otherwise, because then you end up looking like a clown, as well as pretty conceited.
Give it up man. SU wins and this stupid thread doesn't exist. Fans talk crap. They were talking it on their board too . . . for the last forever years.

I'm confused...how can we "learn a lesson" if our actions had no real impact on the game?

It's like catching a kid about to put a fork into an outlet and stopping them and then saying, "I hope you learned your lesson." Of course the kid didn't learn their lesson, there was no consequence of their action.

losses to Temple, Pitt, Nova and UConn.

Yuck.

These teams all played us the same way...in your face defense. They completely took MCW out of the game. Our offense was offensive tonight, no spacing, poor movement, too many 3's.

Hey, UConn STILL sucks.
This was their SuperBowl/MardiGras/NewYear'sEve rolled into one.
We 'll be playing in March- they won't.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Hey, UConn STILL sucks.
This was their SuperBowl/MardiGras/NewYear'sEve rolled into one.
We 'll be playing in March- they won't.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I don't know, if it was really all those holidays they would have been too drunk to walk, let along shoot so well from three point range.

If we pay em 9 more times this year...the Orange win all 9.

F storz, they're a useless program.

I hope they enjoy the view of Syracuse playing in march and April, screw em.

They've just become army football and I couldn't be happier.

...way too much talking going around on this board all week.

With the way people completely disregarded UConn and basically said that this would be a pushover, you'd think we were playing DePaul or Rutgers.

Karma's a bitch, folks. I hope people are happy. Now the boneyard "trolls" will be out in full force.

dr.evil 1st beer.jpg

Seriously?

I expect us to go 2-2 vs. GT, @ GT, @MU and vs. UL. If we go 3-0 against SH, Prov and DePaul, we'll end up 25-6.

That doesn't exactly "scream" 2 seed to me.

This game and the Nova' game were games you hate to have thrown away. Bottom line.

NO ONE is saying that the trash-talking on this board caused us to lose in any way.

However, it does make those individuals look like fools...something they will have to live with. No skin off my back.

Status
Not open for further replies.