I hope this Ennis and Grant to NBA talk is done. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I hope this Ennis and Grant to NBA talk is done.

People stop hating on Ennis. He is a lottery pick if he goes to the NBA and Grant is an NBA athlete he is a top 18 pick.
Ennis was great this year - but he's not a cuse player and this wasn't a cuse team except for the zone. Totally different feel and emotional make-up from what we usually have.

drop the orange colored glasses...please
I guess reading Chad Ford ESPN's draft expert or other experts makes me an Orange glasses homer.
Ennis is a lottery pick and Grant is a mid first round pick. They are gone unless they feel the need to return.

lol this board is in full meltdown right now.. some posters suggesting Boeheim should be fired. yikes
what posts says he needs to be fired, I know I say he needs to change his recruiting priorities

If Ennis and Grant go, SU will not make the tournament next year. They will be god awful. You think you'll make the tourney with Joseph, Cooney, Silent G, Christmas and Roberson starting? You're nuts if you think that.

come on that's a bit pessimistic don't a think. Our recruiting is the best its been, we are going to make the tournament every single year if we continue to recruit at anywhere near this level.

It's time for him to go , and I've never ever said that before.
It's the truth... I'm right there with you... Everybody saying it's not his fault they can't knock down shots... Obviously it's not but his continuous stubbornness to play the 2-3 and that's strictly it, has to be adjusted and the complete lack of bench development is mind boggling... Inexcusable and simply not true that Patterson could not of provided a spark if given time or confidence. His lack of bench creates a lack of versatility... can't wait to hear, well they only let up 53 points... Yea well when you play a 2-3 zone that FORCES a slow tempo, scores will be like that. Slow tempo is directly in Dayton's favor. Syracuse has zero half court offense... None.. No one can shoot... So totally, let's continue to force a half court style tempo. And wow. The second Syracuse pressed, they force havoc and got a turnover... Why can they not do that during the course of the game? Completely befuddles my mind and if this is a fast pace game Syracuse has so much more of a better chance to win the game... So freaking sick of the slow-mo tempo that is a major cause of Syracuse losing to inferior opponents. It's sickening to watch the stall ball, heave threes that have no business going in, end up being daggers... GOD

you guys are ing idiots. the 2-3 zone has won us more games than lost. beating indiana last year had alot to do with the zone defense. why change something when it works. the zone worked in 2003, the zone worked last year, the zone works every year. but hey, we lose a shitty game, had a shitty month so lets get rid of JB, change the defense and roll with it. thats why JB gets paid and you all just sit here and bitch. the man earned his right to leave when he wants. go support dayton or something

Neither is ready.

Good season. Bad end. Congrats Allen Griffin. F Archie Miller and that piece of crap three pointer that bricked and fell in for the Flyers.
When has 'ready' ever been a reason to stay.? $$$$$$$$$$$ and not really being a 'student-athlete' is what it is all about today.

you guys are idiots. the 2-3 zone has won us more games than lost. beating indiana last year had alot to do with the zone defense. why change something when it works. the zone worked in 2003, the zone worked last year, the zone works every year. but hey, we lose a shitty game, had a shitty month so lets get rid of JB, change the defense and roll with it. thats why JB gets paid and you all just sit here and bitch. the man earned his right to leave when he wants. go support dayton or something
I think it is time for him to go when he doesn't want to coach anymore or we think the next guy can do better. Neither of these is the case right now

Really...get a grip. Far from our best performance but your loss if you don't come to games over this.

It's the truth... I'm right there with you... Everybody saying it's not his fault they can't knock down shots... Obviously it's not but his continuous stubbornness to play the 2-3 and that's strictly it, has to be adjusted and the complete lack of bench development is mind boggling... Inexcusable and simply not true that Patterson could not of provided a spark if given time or confidence. His lack of bench creates a lack of versatility... can't wait to hear, well they only let up 53 points... Yea well when you play a 2-3 zone that FORCES a slow tempo, scores will be like that. Slow tempo is directly in Dayton's favor. Syracuse has zero half court offense... None.. No one can shoot... So totally, let's continue to force a half court style tempo. And wow. The second Syracuse pressed, they force havoc and got a turnover... Why can they not do that during the course of the game? Completely befuddles my mind and if this is a fast pace game Syracuse has so much more of a better chance to win the game... So freaking sick of the slow-mo tempo that is a major cause of Syracuse losing to inferior opponents. It's sickening to watch the stall ball, heave threes that have no business going in, end up being daggers... GOD
He used this game to prove a point to Ennis and Grant and it's bullshitt . He could've easily trapped on the wings to get this game sped up and he didn't. He tipped us off from the zags blog article yesterday . His point was proven at the expense of a win.

He used this game to prove a point to Ennis and Grant and it's bullshitt . He could've easily trapped on the wings to get this game sped up and he didn't. He tipped us off from the zags blog article yesterday . His point was proven at the expense of a win.
What did he do exactly? Sorry I didn't see the blog... The zone was way more active verse WMU but I just simply can't come to the thought that they can't mix things up during the course of the game if the tempo is soooooooo slow

Alsacs said:
You think the NBA drafts on finished players? The NBA drafts on upside which both Ennis and Grant have.

Uh, I believe the NBA wants to limit the number of players leaving early by instituting a two-year rule.

Grant would be eligible regardless, but he has so much to work on it's not even funny.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr212/shawn91111/GIFs/What-animated.gif

JB overachieves most seasons. The team this year did not have the talent, especially on the offensive end, to win the title. The 2-3 zone gives us a chance every season, but also handcuffs us with the type of player/athlete that is recruited. We lack offensive threats EVERY SINGLE SEASON and not recruiting more players with the ability to score has become problematic.

hoopsupstate said:
If Ennis and Grant go, SU will not make the tournament next year. They will be god awful. You think you'll make the tourney with Joseph, Cooney, Silent G, Christmas and Roberson starting? You're nuts if you think that.

I mean, no one is stopping them from going. Good luck.. But there will be no reason to get excited about next year's team.

A backcourt of Ennis and Joseph would be pretty special. A backcourt of Joseph and Cooney would be ordinary..

Wow dude give it up. NO WAY JB throws the game away to prove a point, the man wants another championship. holy cow some people..

Grant comes from a NBA family - I don't think the pressure will be on him to declare as other college players. Harvey will make sure his son makes the right decision - whatever that will be.

cusetown1 said:
It's time for him to go , and I've never ever said that before.

When you find yourself saying that, it's time for some self reflection. Not a knee jerk post in public.

most of the people on this board rarely watch the NBA and many of them openly hate it

I love the NBA; it is vastly better than the college game and I watch probably 5 or 6 times as many pro games as college games every year. and I'm telling you right now - Ennis looks like an NBA player to me. And he should go now because the awful college game is detrimental to his development.

Grant, on the other hand, I dunno. Sure, he has NBA athleticism, but guys like him are actually pretty common - guys who can jump out of the gym but can't make shots. Which frankly is all the more reason for him to go if he is still a projected first rounder - he will look more and more common as another season wears on.

If you find yourself thinking JB should be fired or that we shouldn't play the 2-3 anymore, it's time to turn in your fan membership card. JB is the reason we are on the map, the reason you have a team worth rooting for. The 2-3 kept us in the game today and got us to the Final Four last season.

Ennis' dad is a coach, and Grant's dad played in the nba, both know basketball, so we have that going for us.

Both will be NBA players eventually. But Grant, is he a 3 or a 4? Doesn't have strength, size, or post moves for a 4. Doesn't have the outside game for a 3. Ennis is a decent PG, but where is the speed and size. IMO both could squeeze into the 1st round. But JB has put a few lottery picks in the league recently. He also coaches the best of the best every 4 years. I think he can provide some insight, and actually did recently.

most of the people on this board rarely watch the NBA and many of them openly hate it

I love the NBA; it is vastly better than the college game and I watch probably 5 or 6 times as many pro games as college games every year. and I'm telling you right now - Ennis looks like an NBA player to me. And he should go now because the awful college game is detrimental to his development.

Grant, on the other hand, I dunno. Sure, he has NBA athleticism, but guys like him are actually pretty common - guys who can jump out of the gym but can't make shots. Which frankly is all the more reason for him to go if he is still a projected first rounder - he will look more and more common as another season wears on.

Interesting comment about Ennis. Not a great shooter or finisher. What about him screams NBA to you?

And just to be clear, with all the BS flying all over the board, there is no sarcasm in this question.

I am very interested as to why you think this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom