i just have 1 question about this team | Syracusefan.com

i just have 1 question about this team

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
we all know theyre deep. we all know theyre talented. we all know theyre long and athletic.

the question thats gonna decide whether we win it all or not is, are they on a mission??????

CZcR61xUUAE2FYs.jpg

they need to work on their defense ... they gave up some easy baskets last night... but they definitely have some shooters this year

they need to work on their defense ... they gave up some easy baskets last night... but they definitely have some shooters this year

And they need to work on offense. It seemed at times players were tentative or did not know where they should be moving to on offense. I think over time they will get figure out a good flow for getting player's open.

They gave up open shots in transition, and Lemoyne had two good shooters. I am not worried about that -- JB won't rely on the press as his base defense.

We need to see how well this team can defend against legit D1 teams that have good size and inside scoring. Should be better than last season, but how much better?

To me, the only question right now is whether a hyped team like this can avoid the JB curse of underachieving. No secret we do our best work in March when we are under the radar like last year.

To me, the only question right now is whether a hyped team like this can avoid the JB curse of underachieving. No secret we do our best work in March when we are under the radar like last year.

Unlikely. These players are really good and like to score. Once the offense really gels lookout. AW3 step-back jumper sensational. Battle driving to the basket is only going to better as the season goes on as he gets more confidence at this level. Battle is more talented than Malachi especially driving to the rim. And we have two PGs that make lots of assists and can make baskets. All the pieces are in place for really good team.

I don't know where you get this "JB curse of underachieving" thing. If you look at JB's recruit rankings in relationship to his winning success JB may be one of the most overachieving CBB coaches all-time.

Unlikely. These players are really good and like to score. Once the offense really gels lookout. AW3 step-back jumper sensational. Battle driving to the basket is only going to better as the season goes on as he gets more confidence at this level. Battle is more talented than Malachi especially driving to the rim. And we have two PGs that make lots of assists and can make baskets. All the pieces are in place for really good team.

I don't know where you get this "JB curse of underachieving" thing. If you look at JB's recruit rankings in relationship to his winning success JB may be one of the most overachieving CBB coaches all-time.
Curse is probably a strong word, but our best successes in March have come when we've been under the radar. Each of our last 4 Final Four teams could easily been labeled as surprises.

Barring injury or total meltdown, the early apparent strength of this team is its versatility -- which, along with seasoned guards, is a hallmark of good tournament teams. JB will have all season to figure out how many different ways he can play to take advantage of an opponent's vulnerabilities. To be sure, 64 teams never make it to the Final Four, but if this Orange team needs motivation, being picked no better than the middle of the ACC should be a start.-VBOF

Yes

Hell yeh. That's what I'm saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom