I know...I know | Syracusefan.com

I know...I know

ssbriefcase

Hall of Fame
I agree with a lot of the posters on ignoring all the negativity of the national haters, I really do. But, I can't stop myself because I have no patience for this stuff and can only hold my tongue for so long when my team is getting blasted to the public.

Below is an article that adds to the negative snow ball effect. It's a terrible piece. Well the main problem I have is, now 2 local sports radio personalities here in Denver read it, and repeated it today on the air as gospel.

I happen to know these 2 personally, and I do see them and have to hang out from time to time. I'm going to have a conversation about the finer points with them, because it's just gonna happen. I know the majority of the report on us, but now I'll have to read every single page and detail myself, so I know what I'm talking about to the enth degree. But how much is wrong with this? So sick of this bs.

http://gazette.com/klee-enjoy-the-final-four-then-wash-your-hands/article/1573110

What an a-hole. Isn't pot legal in Colorado? Isn't it one of things they are most proud of? But Syracuse is a cesspool because of it??

I'm really curious to know what punishment would of been enough for them. Maybe we should of closed down SU all together?

I'm not an expert on the media slams we've been taking, I avoid the talk. I read that and I find it hard to believe that there's anything nastier out there.

That seems borderline libelous. Thank goodness for a free press?

Anyone hear Tom Brennan, the former Vermont coach, on Sirius radio yesterday? Tore up JB about the penalties, the suspension, shouldn't be in the tourney, how he treats the media, even brought up the time he threw a chair at a presser.

Also, I think he must have a Colorado weed addled memory because he seems to not know or remember that we were banned from the post season last year, have recruiting restrictions, and major scholarship reductions. Also known as the most severe penalty in the history of the sport.

Anyone hear Tom Brennan, the former Vermont coach, on Sirius radio yesterday? Tore up JB about the penalties, the suspension, shouldn't be in the tourney, how he treats the media, even brought up the time he threw a chair at a presser.
I've never seen a guy get more out of one win than Brennan has got over that one win against us.

I heard him, but not that part. He was spending his air time still trading off the win the tournament in 2005. I mean it is absolutely comical at this point with that guy. As far as I, or the rest of world, know he has exactly 1 career win. Over Syracuse in the first round in 2005. I swear to god, ESPN pumps this guy with formaldehyde to preserve him just to remind people of that. His amazing coaching contribution in that game was to have a guy heave a 35 foot jumper for exactly no reason in a half court set and it happened to go in. Coach is an all-timer, baby!!

Brennan should be kissing Boeheim's a**. Nobody would know who that POS was if it wasn't for one horrible SU game and a VT kid that was shooting out of his mind. I could have coached VT that night. "Get within 40 and jack up a 3. Don't worry, it will somehow go in."

I heard him, but not that part. He was spending his air time still trading off the win the tournament in 2005. I mean it is absolutely comical at this point with that guy. As far as I, or the rest of world, know he has exactly 1 career win. Over Syracuse in the first round in 2005. I swear to god, ESPN pumps this guy with formaldehyde to preserve him just to remind people of that. His amazing coaching contribution in that game was to have a guy heave a 35 foot jumper for exactly no reason in a half court set and it happened to go in. Coach is an all-timer, baby!!
Great minds think alike.

I agree with a lot of the posters on ignoring all the negativity of the national haters, I really do. But, I can't stop myself because I have no patience for this stuff and can only hold my tongue for so long when my team is getting blasted to the public.

Below is an article that adds to the negative snow ball effect. It's a terrible piece. Well the main problem I have is, now 2 local sports radio personalities here in Denver read it, and repeated it today on the air as gospel.

I happen to know these 2 personally, and I do see them and have to hang out from time to time. I'm going to have a conversation about the finer points with them, because it's just gonna happen. I know the majority of the report on us, but now I'll have to read every single page and detail myself, so I know what I'm talking about to the enth degree. But how much is wrong with this? So sick of this bs.

http://gazette.com/klee-enjoy-the-final-four-then-wash-your-hands/article/1573110

Here's a pretty good rundown of what transpired...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...line_of_ncaa_investigation_into_syracuse.html

wasn't the chair throw after the Ref's screwed us in the 70's?

I've never seen a guy get more out of one win than Brennan has got over that one win against us.

Total one-hit wonder. He's the Sisqo of college basketball coaches.

sisqo-thong-song-1372329384-view-0.jpg

Couldn't believe some of what I read. This is the third or fourth separate reference to our game with NC and how both schools are cheaters. It seems the only way to satisfy some of these sleezbags is for a permanent ban for life.

Why can't they "man up" like some respectable ESPN analysts and just say "There were some irregularities, they were punished and they can now move forward."

When is media day at the Final Four? I can just imagine some of the questions that will be asked of our two teams.

Meh. Sportswriters get attention when they portray the extremes. Responding only feeds the beast. He's a bottom-feeder trying to make a name for himself.

Also, I think he must have a Colorado weed addled memory because he seems to not know or remember that we were banned from the post season last year, have recruiting restrictions, and major scholarship reductions. Also known as the most severe penalty in the history of the sport.
Closer to home, you'll probably see that the Houston Chronicle's own Brian Smith has phoned in a hack job that's unworthy of publication:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...-Syracuse-not-all-the-fun-is-pure-7214095.php

Embarrassingly lazy and unprofessional work. The first commenter did a good job calling him out.

Let's instead focus on this Jack McCallum article, which was a very interesting read:

http://www.campusrush.com/syracuse-...jim-boeheim-1694979321.html?xrs=RebelMouse_fb

Brennan's whole life revolves around his one win against SU. He brings it up constantly, even when they're not talking about SU.

Brennan's whole life revolves around his one win against SU. He brings it up constantly, even when they're not talking about SU.

Well, wouldn't you? It is - quite literally - the ONLY thing he has.

I'm editing a document at work right now, and I went to copy and paste what I thought was text from another file, but what pastes into the report? The above picture of Sisqo.
Gotta leave it in the report. Plus the War Otto viking. If your readership doesn't understand, you need a new line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom