I know its only two days to find out but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I know its only two days to find out but...

It's only practice, but MCW looks surprisingly quick on defense here .. starting at about the 30 second mark:

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2011/10/meet_the_orange_syracuse_fresh.html

Yea, I think MCW has all the tools to be one of the best defensive players we have ever had. But I am sure those highlights are not showing the times he misses rotations because he is still learning how the zone operates. They say he has a high basketball IQ, so I bet he learns quicker than most, but I'd be shocked if he came in and played mistake free defense right away.

Its alright to make guesses on a players offense but not thier defense?
Its more then just a ranking or a reference to last year.
Some have seen the players play in practices this year. We used to have a payboard to discuss this stuff early season but this year we don't get that info.
Our guard defense left much to be improved on last year. I probably would have gave it a C- last year so it is worth the thought.

This year Triche, Scoop and Dion are all already much faster. While that might not apply to their defense its atleast worth the thought that it could. IF that doesn't get you psyched up what will?

MCW and Cooney add to new defenders, and I know after the MCDAA game many our curious on MCW and his play. He could be Our scrappiest guard since Pace.
We could be a pressing team with Atleast 4 guards and 4 forwards who you can count on playing, and thats not counting Baye/Fab at the four some Mookie, and Cooney.

Yea, I think MCW has all the tools to be one of the best defensive players we have ever had. But I am sure those highlights are not showing the times he misses rotations because he is still learning how the zone operates. They say he has a high basketball IQ, so I bet he learns quicker than most, but I'd be shocked if he came in and played mistake free defense right away.

Oh, no doubt. He's going to make mistakes, and apparently Hop has already been giving him the freshman right-of-passage. But he's an articulate young man, and seems to have all the tools + a BBIQ. He could be anything from a dud to Jeremy Lamb... but I'm betting he'll contribute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom