I know this is not the best way or place, but | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I know this is not the best way or place, but

Good luck my man! Tough time of year for this to happen. My heart goes out to you.

If your current employer is providing outplacement services (through one of several national companies) then I'd encourage you to make full use of what's being offered. Many people haven't touched their résumé in over a decade... things have changed. Before you register, make sure you know the program's rules. Some programs allow you to suspend the service and then resume, others start the clock ticking upon registration and don't allow you to take a break. For example, if you only get 3 months of service then you may want to suspend things during the holidays or a planned vacation to get the most out of it.

If you don't have access to theses services then you may find programs available to the public (e.g. On a monthly basis), but you may need to travel to a larger area (e.g. Syracuse) to find them. These may be held at churches churches. You may also want to look for networking groups, both within your profession and those targeted at helping people find employment.

Auburn...NY? GA? I only ask because there are people on this board from all over the States (and for that matter, the world). Are you willing to relocate anywhere? MA? MN? Just trying to get the parameters. Best of luck. Been there.

orangenauburn said:
Is anyone here hiring? Was told today my position was being eliminated. Ideally would be within an hour of Auburn. Thanks for any help.

Can you coach football?

j/k

Good luck

bump for the OP

wish I could help but the only thing I can think of that may work is a former employer who, at the end of the day, were scumbags

New jobs are always a tough road - stay positive and good luck!

Bump and good luck! Unfortunately I'm in GA and don't think relo is something you are seeking.

Good luck... way too far to be of any help but hope you get something fast!

I could probably get him a job at Faegan's

true story

I never worked there, but 20+ years ago it was hard for me to lose at flip night!

Yep...we fight like MFer's among ourselves...but don't think about entering the fray if you're not family.
spot on, you want some friendly fire fighting come on over to the OT board. Wear your body armor!

I never worked there, but 20+ years ago it was hard for me to lose at flip night!

20+ years ago I was providing the soundtrack to your winning flips

In the same boat man, but entry level here in NJ, which is its own special hell. Good luck.

I love this board.

Good luck man, unless you wanna come to Alaska the best I can offer are good vibes! Keep us posted, I'll be thinking about a ya.

Is anyone here hiring?

Was told today my position was being eliminated.

Ideally would be within an hour of Auburn.

Thanks for any help.
home depot---they have distribution centers and asst. management positions

Good luck, it took me 16 months of searching/applying/waiting before I finally was able to get picked up at Rome Labs.

Then you have good taste in music... kudos!

Been driving me crazy... what was the Sinatra song that was always played at last call? I can't believe I can't remember it! Must be getting old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom