I know why we aren't Penn State or Ohio State and never will be | Syracusefan.com

I know why we aren't Penn State or Ohio State and never will be

SWC75

Bored Historian
I also know why we aren't Oregon or Oklahoma State and never will be.

Why can't we be Boise State?

We were boise before boise in the 80s early 90s

Can someone explain to me how Boise does it? I truly don't understand.

They get players.

Boise State has no - no - academic standards. They get anybody they need into school. And, they do spend money on the program.

And they are winning.

A friend of mine from Idaho tells me that it's lousy school that is totally committed to the football program.

Why can't we be Oklahoma st? We can be just as good as any one in the country. Don't know why so many in Syracuse have such negative attitudes. We have in the past and will have again in the very near future a very good football program. We will be good this year

Why can't we be Oklahoma st? We can be just as good as any one in the country. Don't know why so many in Syracuse have such negative attitudes. We have in the past and will have again in the very near future a very good football program. We will be good this year

T. Boone Pickens and a boatload of oil money.

Does SU have a T Boone Pickens? I believe his financial support has helped OSU greatly.

It helps that Kellen Moore, one of the top QBs coming out of high school at the time, wanted to stay local.

Plus, they have 25 5-year seniors on the team. You have 23-24 year olds playing 18-19 year olds. That said, BSU looks like a dominate top-team this year and I hope they make it to the BCS Championship game.

T. Boone Pickens and a boatload of oil money.

My point was Penn State and Ohio State are state universities of states thgat produce huge numbers of D1A prospects and oregon and OKie State ahve billionaire sugar daddies. The Cowboys don't have a greeat hitroy but T Boone will amke sure they are good for eyars to come. I did a project last eyar to see how many SU grads are on the Forbes 400. there were two- Newhouse and a guy who was in bed with the Arabs and ahd gotten in trouble for it. I think New House contributed toward what he was interested in and I don't think we really want the other guy's money even if he wanted to give it.

SU has a T. Boone Pickens...but his name is Al Davis and he chose to spend his money on the Raiders instead of his alma mater.

I also know why we aren't Oregon or Oklahoma State and never will be.

Why can't we be Boise State?

We could be Boise State if we lowered admissions standards and cheated by violating NCAA rules.
It was reported on 6/10/11 by the AP that Boise State officials met with the NCAA regarding being charged with a lack of institutional control, among 22 charges the school is facing for numerous violations by five sports, including football. Then on 8/11/11 they fired their Athletic Director Gene Bleymaier, who since 1982 was the person who was the mastermind behind the blue turf at Bronco Stadium, and who brought Boise St. from small school status to national contender in football; in addition to a lack of institutional control it is alleged that they provided impermissible transportation, housing and meals benefits for incoming football recruits. They won a big game today but if the allegations are upheld I suspect they will be paying for a long time. I would rather avoid the embarrassment of being from a school that cheats - even if we have to go through a rebuilding process periodically.

We could be Boise State if we lowered admissions standards and cheated by violating NCAA rules.
It was reported on 6/10/11 by the AP that Boise State officials met with the NCAA regarding being charged with a lack of institutional control, among 22 charges the school is facing for numerous violations by five sports, including football. Then on 8/11/11 they fired their Athletic Director Gene Bleymaier, who since 1982 was the person who was the mastermind behind the blue turf at Bronco Stadium, and who brought Boise St. from small school status to national contender in football; in addition to a lack of institutional control it is alleged that they provided impermissible transportation, housing and meals benefits for incoming football recruits. They won a big game today but if the allegations are upheld I suspect they will be paying for a long time. I would rather avoid the embarrassment of being from a school that cheats - even if we have to go through a rebuilding process periodically.

Yeah because I'm sure Syracuse has never done anything like that. Get real people, this is D1 football. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.

That's what the folks at Ohio State, Miami, USC, and Tennessee were saying.

didn't someone say that Al Davis likes Marrone? Maybe he'll eventually donate a bit of money.

Yeah because I'm sure Syracuse has never done anything like that. Get real people, this is D1 football. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin.
No program is perfect - but there are epic cheaters, and there are slimy dirbag cheaters, and there are dumber cheaters who get caught. Looks like Boise State's low academic standards are also reflected in the stupidity of their AD in getting caught.

Boise State does it because they pluck diamonds in the rough at the most important possessions in college football (QB and Defensive Line) to be successful for sustained period of time you must have stud QBs who play smart, look at Boise State's last 3 QBs Kellen Moore 4 yr starter 2007-2011, Jared Zabransky 3 yr starter 2004-2006, Ryan Dinwiddie 3 yr starter 2001-2003. Look at that for a second and you see why they are successful they have had 3 quarterbacks for the last 10 years. Also, Boise St recruits the West Coast JC schools and find DL men who fit their system and allow them to have a good defense. When you look at its amazing and flukey. Once Boise St doesn't recruit these QBs like Moore, Zabransky, and Dinwiddie they will become a 9-3, 10-2 team until then they will plow through the schedule and I give them mad props for the beatdown they gave Georgia in their backyard that was impressive they deserve a crack at the NC if they go undefeated and are one of the only 2 undefeated teams. SEC teams won't beat UGA as badly as Boise did yesterday.

They get players.

Boise State has no - no - academic standards. They get anybody they need into school.

The thread can end after this reply - it's the long and the short of it.

Boise State has the academic rigor of a community college (and, as we saw in Sports Illustrated's piece on college football players getting arrested, a rap sheet to match); it's rather difficult for a private school with decent standards to compete against colleges who accept anyone.

Actually, it makes Stanford's recent success that much more impressive and admirable.

Also, Oklahoma and Texas recruits >>> Jersey and NY recruits.
This. Texas/Oklahoma players are so much better than anyone in our natural recruiting base it's absurd.

Which is why I'm thrilled we're making inroads in the south. Florida, especially.

I don't think Syracuse fans can point out other teams with players getting arrested...

Boise also does well mining California...for HS and JUCO players

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom