I love Dino but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I love Dino but...

I'm thinking his assistants appreciate him all the more for giving them a bona fide reason for not having to deal with the media.

I'm thinking his assistants appreciate him all the more for giving them a bona fide reason for not having to deal with the media.

Na, any assistant would love to show their personality and talk chalk for the fans and potential recruits.

Na, any assistant would love to show their personality and talk chalk for the fans and potential recruits.

You're both kind of painting in broad strokes. I think there are different types.

I liked gettin info from assistants - but it does simplify things for the staff. One voice.

Pros and cons - but if we win, no one will care.

I used to read your stuff with an imagined voice that was even keeled. With your current avatar everything has the sound of a screaming raging lunatic in my head.
Yeah it's getting to me a bit too. I thought a raging Morton Downey Jr. would be fun but it's not the 80s anymore and he's just freaking disturbing.

Yeah it's getting to me a bit too. I thought a raging Morton Downey Jr. would be fun but it's not the 80s anymore and he's just freaking disturbing.
Dude, love it. But if you've gotta change, allow me to make a suggestion:
Insanity Wolf 23082016130720.jpg

Haha. I knew he looked familiar, but couldn't remember who that was.

how many jobs let anyone talk to the media about their job and why do they really need too before the season starts

True, but most assistants in college talk to the media, probably 90%. Saban, dino, and urban are a few that i know do not. I get why dino is doing it in year one.

I enjoy it.. Who wants to listen to hours of coach speak. Babers says nothing and the assistants don't need to be talking either. Just get ready for Colgate. Many assistants probably really enjoy it, some don't. You can tell through Twitter that most are solid guys and are personable but I don't care. I don't want to know any of them, just win games. I thought shafer and all his guys talked too much and for no reason, sure they were good people but why say anything to the media if you absolutely don't have too

I am not a fan of not letting his assistants talk to the media. I enjoyed getting to know assistants, their personalities and vibe. Also, not being able to hear from players who have not played in a game. He is a control freak and mad scientist, but i believe the results will be there. Just miss getting to know people;)

Not trying to be a jerk here, but feel the need to point something out...

If you want to learn more about the assistants and their personalities, a bunch of them are on Twitter and most are quite entertaining follows.

From what I've seen on Twitter, this group of assistants has a ton of charisma and can/will do more to connect with both young impressionable recruits and signed, sealed, delivered Orange players than any staff we've ever had on The Hill.

In fact, here's a list of all the SU football coaches and staff on Twitter with their handles. Most are great follows.

Dino Babers
@CoachBabersCuse
Head Football Coach at Syracuse University

Sean Lewis
@TheOC_CoachLew
Co-Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach

Mike Lynch
@CoachLynch
Co-Offensive Coordinator & O-Line Coach

Mike Hart
@MHart2032
Running backs coach at Syracuse University

Reno Ferri
@CoachRenoFerri
Tight Ends Coach at Syracuse

Kim McCloud
@CoachKimMcCloud
Assistant Head Coach/Wide Receivers Coach at Cuse

Brian Ward
@BWardDCoord
Defensive Coordinator for the Syracuse University Orange

Nick Monroe
@CoachNJ_Monroe
Secondary Coach At Your Syracuse University. Faith Driven, Remaining Humble, Never Settling, 4Ever Hungry!! #OrangeIsTheNewFast #DomeDudes #GYPH #SwagDaddy

Tom Kaufman
@CoachTomKaufman
Husband to the Woman of My Dreams. Linebackers Coach & Special Teams Coordinator for Syracuse. #Cuse

Ben Olson
@_CoachOlson
Defensive Line Assistant Coach

Bart Tanski
@FlashTanski
Former Fastest Man Alive. Current assistant LB Coach at Syracuse University

Brad Wittke
@bradwittke
Director of Football Operations

Mark Wheeler
@MarkTWheeler
Husband. Father. Playground Legend. Director, Compliance at Syracuse University. All opinions are my own, unless I like someone else's better.

Asil Mulbah
@CoachSil
Director of Recruiting - Syracuse University Football

Jeff Sobol
@jeffsobol97
Assistant Football Strength Coach at Syracuse University

Vincent Marshall

@CoachMarshall
Texas boy doing what he loves. Quality Control for the Syracuse Orange. Who got the juice? We got the juice!!

Macky MacPherson
@Coach_Macky
Offensive Line Graduate Assistant for the greatest place in the United States: Syracuse University

Lanear Sampson
@LennySampson3
Syracuse University Offensive GA (Wide Receivers)

J.B. Gerald
@CoachJBGerald
Director of High School Relations @ Syracuse

Jeff Lepak
@j_lepak
Faith, Family, Football. Operations and Recruiting assistant at Syracuse University

Austin Beehner
@ajbeehner
Director of Video & Technology @CuseFootball | Producer for @CoachBabersCuse

Syracuse Football
@CuseFootball
Official Twitter of Syracuse Football

Thank you for the twitter postings ottosbf! I will check them out. That said, online quotes will never replace face time and the vibe and energy you can gather from someone. Coach Daoust's interviews and rants wouldn't have made me run through a wall on twitter as they did in vid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom