I love your quarterback | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I love your quarterback

“He’s helped bring back Syracuse football to relevance, holds most of our records, carried himself off the field in a way that made the school proud, and made some of the most iconic plays in the last 20 years ... but man, he was a little too fired up at times for my liking”

Realize in retrospect you were using the sarcasm font. Well done.

He’s a unique player for sure. Can’t ever count the dude out. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tougher QB and his leadership skills are borderline heroic. All of this trumps his weaknesses.

Yep, definitely not to say he's wihtout his weaknesses, some of which are too evident even as a senior.

But his strengths and his energy! Glad we're considering him for QB, or LB or DB?

He's the Andy Dufresne that helped lead this program out of Shawshank and just like Red and the boys...we'll be spinning tales about how Eric did this and saying I kid you not for years to come.

I'm just so thrilled for the young man to be able to play in 13 games and a bowl...all firsts.

“He’s helped bring back Syracuse football to relevance, holds most of our records, carried himself off the field in a way that made the school proud, and made some of the most iconic plays in the last 20 years ... but man, he was a little too fired up at times for my liking”
Perfect lol

He's the Andy Dufresne that helped lead this program out of Shawshank and just like Red and the boys...we'll be spinning tales about how Eric did this and saying I kid you not for years to come.

I'm just so thrilled for the young man to be able to play in 13 games and a bowl...all firsts.
Absolutely love the reference, but got me thinking about that filthy pipe which made me uneasy. Was it...yes, it probably was that bad here.

An iconoclast. Not to be seen before or since. A gatekeeper of sorts; a player we'll judge others by in the sense of having drawn a line. Before ED and after ED. Program is right on the cusp of something special. At this specific moment in time, I'd argue that Eric has had more to do with the perception of our program outside the 315 than even Dino. Dino may have built the path and doorway. Eric carried everyone through it. Or, rather, ran that d@mn door over.
Great word . Am I the only one who had to refresh my memory with a dictionary review?

Absolutely love the reference, but got me thinking about that filthy pipe which made me uneasy. Was it...yes, it probably was that bad here.
Nice

The Op said when he met fans of other teams and said he was an SU fan, the first thing they said was they loved Dungey. But of course that didn't sit well with you and you just had to take another dig on him.

The Op said when he met fans of other teams and said he was an SU fan, the first thing they said was they loved Dungey. But of course that didn't sit well with you and you just had to take another dig on him.

What is wrong with you? Are you fully together upstairs? Legitimate question...

Another dig? I LOVE Eric Dungey and have expressed that repeatedly over the years. But in today's world, we can just post nonsense stuff on the internet with zero evidence to back it up. Sad.

Must have been all of these digs-

1544193261153.png

1544192893775.png

1544192977961.png

1544193096826.png

I repeat... what's your deal?

Or maybe these were the "digs"?

1544193558742.png

1544193567012.png

I think his comment is in reference to fans of other teams. They wouldn't really care about the SU records, but some may not like the fire. I get it. And that's fine. He's our guy and is a SU legend at this point.

What's your point here?

His legacy will be impacted by how the QB plays next year. IF TD comes out and is lights out and our offense looks more efficient and fluid, the legacy doesn't grow as fast. He has made his mark for sure.

Who said that?

T'was a imagined argument from the hypothetical fan from your post.

The Venn diagram that includes "Syracuse Fan" but not "Eric Dungey Fan" must be a pretty small sliver. You disagree?

T'was a imagined argument from the hypothetical fan from your post.

The Venn diagram that includes "Syracuse Fan" but not "Eric Dungey Fan" must be a pretty small sliver. You disagree?
You’re saying very few people are Syracuse fans but not Eric fans?

I think his comment is in reference to fans of other teams. They wouldn't really care about the SU records, but some may not like the fire. I get it. And that's fine. He's our guy and is a SU legend at this point.

Ahh - if that's the case I can see it.

You’re saying very few people are Syracuse fans but not Eric fans?

Yep. I think it would be pretty hard to be a Syracuse fan and not a fan of Eric Dungey at this point.

I also mis-read your original post a bit. Obviously the "Not a Syracuse fan" and "Not a Eric Dungey fan" includes a lot of college football fans. If you were saying some CFB fans would see his fiery demeanor and think it was over the top, well sure.

Those of you that watched him at the Senior Walk after Louisville saw something special.
The fans loved him and he did everything in his power to shake hands, do selfies,hold babies, and he did it with a huge smile on his face. That is what I will remember. along wit his incredible competiveness. That far out weighs the fact that he might have got a tad too keyed up at times.

Or maybe these were the "digs"?

The first year Dungey played, a player on CMU took the cheapest shot on him I've ever seen. How he didn't break his neck was just luck. Then in the following couple of years other players on other teams intentionally came in high to deliver blows to his head, some of them were not even called penalties by the refs. Then players on other teams are trash talking to him and he flips the ball to them and the refs throw a flag. And he's unsportsmenlike.

Yep. I think it would be pretty hard to be a Syracuse fan and not a fan of Eric Dungey at this point.

I also mis-read your original post a bit. Obviously the "Not a Syracuse fan" and "Not a Eric Dungey fan" includes a lot of college football fans. If you were saying some CFB fans would see his fiery demeanor and think it was over the top, well sure.
CORRECT! Talking about those with no affiliation to Syracuse.

Not sure why I’m having to explain this so much