I met scoop today | Syracusefan.com

I met scoop today

gilardino

Starter
Long story short, my 9 year old played in the gus macker. Through some connections, scoop was able to have a chat with my son after he was finished. My son met him in pitt b4 the k state game and scoop took a pix with him in lobby. Scoop signed that pix today and remembers my son from the lobby, holding the door for the players and strutting his southerland jersey. My sons team had lost and scoop told him to stay focused. Next game they won. My sosn credits scoop. Happy for him!

Scoop is an awesome guy. I heard he'll be in Syracuse for awhile rehabbing his injury.

So, how many cheating teams were at the Macker today? I figure that tournament has to be as shady as some of the AAU tournaments I've been too. Do they verify ages? I've heard some horror stories about how competitive some of these teams can be just to win the thing. I almost put a team together with my son and his AAU buds, but decided against it when I heard about how big some of the "6th graders" were last year. I'll wait until next year after he hits his growth spurt.

I've observed Scoop a couple times with kids and he is very genuine. Could definitely see him get into coaching but even more so with little kids.