I miss Keita | Syracusefan.com

I miss Keita

B

Brooky03

and so does the team, I think. He's the heart of the team and I think he motivates the other guys to play harder.

This is not based on any insider knowledge or even on fact, just a feeling I have.

I sincerely hope we've just been babying his injury and that he'll play 15+ minutes at 100% against Duke

Brooky03 said:
and so does the team, I think. He's the heart of the team and I think he motivates the other guys to play harder. This is not based on any insider knowledge or even on fact, just a feeling I have. I sincerely hope we've just been babying his injury and that he'll play 15+ minutes at 100% against Duke

This isn't he lack of Keita. It's the lack of offense. Period.

Yes, Kieta is a HUGE energy boost to the team when in, and we do desperately need the subs. But I also agree with two3 in that our lack of offense is crippling. In my opinion, we just look gassed all the time and getting offensive rebounds, forget it.

No doubt our offense has sucked big time, but I still miss Baye. Maybe one of his chest pumping roars would have lit a fire under the team on the offensive side of the ball or something.

btw, this is not anything against Rak. He's played great in Keita's absence.

Agreed. We've really haven't played well since Keita injury. More than anything we really miss his minutes. These guys are gassed.

Can't win a national title with a 6 man rotation. This injury (depending on how long it lingers) plus DeJuan's could really be our undoing.

Agreed. We've really haven't played well since Keita injury. More than anything we really miss his minutes. These guys are gassed.

Can't win a national title with a 6 man rotation. This injury (depending on how long it lingers) plus DeJuan's could really be our undoing.
Who would have thought a very promising season could be derailed by an issue with the center position?!

I was wondering why he wasn't getting more time. It wasn't like Christmas was playing well. If this is a nagging injury or worse, we're in a world of trouble.

and so does the team, I think. He's the heart of the team and I think he motivates the other guys to play harder.

This is not based on any insider knowledge or even on fact, just a feeling I have.

I sincerely hope we've just been babying his injury and that he'll play 15+ minutes at 100% against Duke

Great insight. While bemoaning how weakly I felt we played on O, It's easy to forget about Keita. He plays with ferocity. Ferocity is contagious. As are weak arse fade-away post moves with no net positives.

Need more Keita.

This isn't he lack of Keita. It's the lack of offense. Period.
It is the lack of Keita. Period. Keita plays regular minutes equals more rest for all the starters equals fresher legs equals more shots made. Keita also plays excellent defense. Rak was not going to get his 5th foul and played like that at the end.

You have to look at the total impact of having Keita, not just take his offense numbers as a stand alone item.

It is the lack of Keita. Period. Keita plays regular minutes equals more rest for all the starters equals fresher legs equals more shots made. Keita also plays excellent defense. Rak was not going to get his 5th foul and played like that at the end.

You have to look at the total impact of having Keita, not just take his offense numbers as a stand alone item.

You can take a look at the total Keita and realize that he has zero effect on the offense in any way shape or form. If you think he is the reason for the loss you're going to be severally disappointed the rest of the road. He is the closest thing thing to a non factor as there is. You might get confused by his 2 points and 3 rebounds a game he provides, but if you think he is a huge reason for losing to a 19 loss team I'm assuming you have worse things to worry about.

You can take a look at the total Keita and realize that he has zero effect on the offense in any way shape or form. If you think he is the reason for the loss you're going to be severally disappointed the rest of the road. He is the closest thing thing to a non factor as there is. You might get confused by his 2 points and 3 rebounds a game he provides, but if you think he is a huge reason for losing to a 19 loss team I'm assuming you have worse things to worry about.
A 19 loss team that shot the lights out from three in the second half. Maybe you should have watched the game and you would have known that. A 19 loss team that had a 50% free throw shooter hit all 6 in the closing minutes. That was actually on the TV too. Heck using your simple logic, Keita's two points would have given us the victory in regulation even if you want to ignore his total value to the team.

How can you summarily dismiss the minutes Keita would have played and perhaps prevent the easy buckets underneath because Rak was afraid to foul? How can you dismiss the rest a few of the players would have had while Keita played? I know it doesn't fit your agenda but don't dismiss common sense factors.

You are stuck on his scoring stats alone and can't see past it. That is also why you look at 19 losses and can't give any credit to BC. Sure we played bad but there was in fact another team trying to win out there. I am not the least confused. I can put the whole picture together.

Oh Lord

Who would have thought a very promising season could be derailed by an issue with the center position?!

i'll even go a step further......for the 3rd time in 5 years

Last edited:
JB has said that BMK is the best he's ever had at communicating in the zone (a major responsibility of the center). He's also the go-to guy when JB wants to use the press.

two3zone said:

You're nucking futs. BMK is a much bigger part of this team than you realize. Ask the players. Ask JB. Without him, we are Sweet 16 at best this season.

Without Keita's 10-15 minutes per game things are going to continue to be tough at best.

BMK is important in getting a few more stops and helping set up a few more turnovers and a few more runouts off of them, which could lead to a handful of extra easy attempts which leads to wins. There are smart basketball minds on this board and to not see how BMK can help the offense outside of the 1-2 putbacks he gets is bad form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom