I miss Scoop. | Syracusefan.com

I miss Scoop.

miss scoop?

• Total voters
He would be a welcome asset to this team no doubt. Carter Williams could learn a lot from him.

Took way too much blame and was never given enough credit. Rock solid leader and that's what we miss the most this year. And most of all had an infectious upbeat attitude. LGO.
People who understand basketball appreciated Scoop, and understand his value as compared to MCW.
MCW will be a pro, but Jr/Sr Scoop was way better college PG than Soph. MCW has been TO DATE.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Lets have a group hug.

As long as she's invited

images

I am in close touch with Scoop. He is working very hard on several fronts. His broken foot this summer was much worse than originally thought... and, in retrospect, it was not treated correctly. Even though he could not attend NBA camps, he was offered a contract in Italy for this winter, but he had to pass it up because he could not work out. RIght now -- after seeing another doctor who has helped the foot situation -- he is working in an office, getting intense physical therapy, working out and practicing basketball. He still wants to pursue his dream of playing pro ball, but he is also realistic, and he is doing a lot of TV gigs on SNY, CBSsports, etc., and getting experience there. He is a lovely young man from a background that is truly alien to most of us. THere are several good people who believe in Scoop, and who are trying to help him move on to the next stage in his life.

Considering the endless shredding he took for shooting threes, it's pretty amusing that he would be considered lights out compared to our current guards.

Scoop was on CBS sports tonight, but I missed him. He posted a picture. I wish him the best. My favorite player of all time. I was with him in LA the day he found out he broke his foot. He had committed to an event with the LA alumni club. He easily could have opted out as he had found out that afternoon that the foot was broken. His mother had just arrived from the airport after being up all night, and Scoop and his whole family, not only came to the event, but stayed for hours, and totally was engaged with everyone. He is an excellent example of what college athletes can accomplish. He should get a chance to play, but if he doesn't he has other options to fall back on, because he prepared himself the right way for life after college basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom