I miss Scoop. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I miss Scoop.

miss scoop?

• Total voters
Had a tough time getting into this year's team the first few weeks, realized that it was because I missed Scoop. I never felt like that as a fan before, pro or college. Just identified with Scoop from early on.

Don't worry I got over it.

I miss Hakim Warrick. He's my favorite Syracuse player, by far.

And after hearing the story of how we almost ended up with Julius Hodge instead of Hak, made me love him even more.

I work at a bank and he just walked up to me with his check lol. It was so weird seeing him up close in person like that. I definitely was turning red while asking how he was doing and stuff.

That's awesome! I was on the phone with Floyd Little at work a couple years ago and couldn't help but transform into a 12 year old fan boy. Was a bit star struck honestly.

me- "wait are you THE Floyd Little?"
him- laughs a bit "yeah you may have heard I played for the Broncos for a bit"
me- "yes sir, but I know you from wearing number 44 at Syracuse. I'm a huge fan"

Think he was happy/surprised I made the Cuse connection (especially givin his current role at SU) and we chatted it up a bit. He said to stop by Manley and ask for Floyd next time I was in town but have yet to take him up on that offer.

That's awesome! I was on the phone with Floyd Little at work a couple years ago and couldn't help but transform into a 12 year old fan boy. Was a bit star struck honestly.

me- "wait are you THE Floyd Little?"
him- laughs a bit "yeah you may have heard I played for the Broncos for a bit"
me- "yes sir, but I know you from wearing number 44 at Syracuse. I'm a huge fan"

Think he was happy/surprised I made the Cuse connection (especially givin his current role at SU) and we chatted it up a bit. He said to stop by Manley and ask for Floyd next time I was in town but have yet to take him up on that offer.

In other feel good alum news I met #47 Joe Morris back in 96 just after my dad had a sever stroke at a small signing event in Saratoga and asked if he and Mac (he was also there) would mind signing a program that they were both on the cover of for my dad. Long story short they both said yes, I drove out to visit my dad the next day in Cuse at hois long-term care facility and it was the first time since the straoke that he actually was able to force a smile when I handed it to him. My dad passed away from complications two months later my sisters and I buried him in his orange SU tie blue suit with that program in his hands.

In other feel good alum news I met #47 Joe Morris back in 96 just after my dad had a sever stroke at a small signing event in Saratoga and asked if he and Mac (he was also there) would mind signing a program that they were both on the cover of for my dad. Long story short they both said yes, I drove out to visit my dad the next day in Cuse at hois long-term care facility and it was the first time since the straoke that he actually was able to force a smile when I handed it to him. My dad passed away from complications two months later my sisters and I buried him in his orange SU tie blue suit with that program in his hands.

I got chills reading that. Great story, it's the memories like that you can keep smiling about forever even after someone is gone.

I got chills reading that. Great story, it's the memories like that you can keep smiling about forever even after someone is gone.

Imperial thank you must say I teared up writing that but I will never forget how warm and caring Mac and JM were when I told them of my dads illness and asked them if they would do me that favor

One of the best stories on this forum, much thanks for sharing! Either way, sorry about your dad.

that's a PotY candidate

To each his own, but Scoop's junior year numbers are awfully similar to Mike's numbers this year. 10.6 field goal attempts per game for each, 12.5 points per game for each (Mike's playing a little under 34 minutes per game, Scoop played a hair over 32).

More assists and turnovers for Mike, better shooting for Scoop.

Not sure what Scoop did to anger anyone that season.

Does the phase 'bad Scoop' ring a bell?

Dude...great call.
Scariest part of the night was when they flicked on the lights after the meatloaf song at 2am and you finally saw what your were working with. You could never be sure what you had until the lights flicked on. Sometimes pleasantly surprised, sometimes freaked out, but practice is practice.

I liked Scoop, but he was always an up and down player.

Soph. and Senior year Scoop, I loved. Junior year Scoop, not as much.

The difference was his soph. year we had Rautins and Triche. His Senior year we had Waiters and Triche. So when bad Scoop showed up, he just didn't play as much and it didn't hurt us, as the other two guys were there. When Scoop played well(which was more often than not), we were really hard to beat. He was a great spark off the bench as a soph, and had a very solid senior year overall as he settled down a bit and didn't try to be the hero as often.

His Junior year, it was just Scoop and Triche, as Waiters was an erratic freshan whose minutes were up and down. We had to rely on Scoop more, and when he was struggling it made for some long and frustrating nights.

I work at a bank and he just walked up to me with his check lol. It was so weird seeing him up close in person like that. I definitely was turning red while asking how he was doing and stuff.

So you accepted money from the coach. Wait 'till Katz gets hold of that information!-VBOF

Just wanted to thank everyone who appreciated or was touched by the story I posted in this thread. First time I actually shared that with anyone outside the family and it felt good :)

Just wanted to thank everyone who appreciated or was touched by the story I posted in this thread. First time I actually shared that with anyone outside the family and it felt good :)

Honestly, thank you for sharing. Sports talk/debate is great but it's stories like yours and neat side stories from other posters like CTO that make this forum must read material. If you just gloss over threads you miss alot of gold. At the end of the day games are just games and stories like yours help keep that in proper perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom