I miss Scoop. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I miss Scoop.

miss scoop?

• Total voters
I miss Scoop and many other SU players from the past, most of whom were 3-5 year players. The truth is that if Michael stayed all four years, we'd all miss him after he graduated, too. Maybe we would miss him in the same way we miss players like Sherm or G-Mac.

More than anything, I miss the unselfishness of the teams from the previous two or three years. They were a very likeable group as a whole. You could tell that they actually enjoyed playing with one another. I not sure the same can be said for this current group. I think the majority of the "look at me" persona begins and ends with one player in particular.

As long as she's invited

images

I love rug

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

I eat rug

People who understand basketball appreciated Scoop, and understand his value as compared to MCW.
MCW will be a pro, but Jr/Sr Scoop was way better college PG than Soph. MCW has been TO DATE.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

As of now, Scoop's a better shooter, better scorer, arguably a better passer (or at least more consistent), and a much better leader and teammate.

Yeah, I miss Scoop.

Considering the endless shredding he took for shooting threes, it's pretty amusing that he would be considered lights out compared to our current guards.

Yeah, in the 28 years that Syracuse's point guards have been taking three-point shots, Scoop's senior year was better than all but two of them (Rautins as a senior and McNamara as a sophomore, and each of those guys spent a lot of time at the 2 that year). Scoop's overall field goal percentage was better than any point guard in the Boeheim era not named Pearl or Sherman.

Carter-Williams has shot worse than all but three (Hart as a sophomore, Griffin as a senior, and Douglas as a junior). We'd be lucky if he were to improve and match the .302 that James Thues shot in 2002. His overall field goal percentage, thankfully, has crept up in recent games. Fifth-worst of the Boeheim era, above McNamara's junior and senior years and Autry and Hart's respective sophomore years.

Yes, Scoop is missed.

Yeah, in the 28 years that Syracuse's point guards have been taking three-point shots, Scoop's senior year was better than all but two of them (Rautins as a senior and McNamara as a sophomore, and each of those guys spent a lot of time at the 2 that year). Scoop's overall field goal percentage was better than any point guard in the Boeheim era not named Pearl or Sherman.

Carter-Williams has shot worse than all but three (Hart as a sophomore, Griffin as a senior, and Douglas as a junior). We'd be lucky if he were to improve and match the .302 that James Thues shot in 2002. His overall field goal percentage, thankfully, has crept up in recent games. Fifth-worst of the Boeheim era, above McNamara's junior and senior years and Autry and Hart's respective sophomore years.

Yes, Scoop is missed.
thats a lottery pick right there.

:rolling:

Oh Lord

Scoop goes down as my second favorite guard of my lifetime just after Gerry and just above Moten & Andy.

I wish more ppl had appreciated him while he was here. Fantastic leader and player. Guy had huge marbles and loved the game of basketball and loved SU.

As good as Scoop was I felt like he was better as a role player. He was much better when he was surrounded by talent was only playing like 20-25 minutes a game. 2009-10 2011-12. That being said no one loved SU more than him.

As good as Scoop was I felt like he was better as a role player. He was much better when he was surrounded by talent was only playing like 20-25 minutes a game. 2009-10 2011-12. That being said no one loved SU more than him.

This. His junior year, when he tried to be the star of the team... man, I don't think I've ever been more frustrated with a player.

He was so much better his senior year, it isn't even funny.

His junior year, he angered me far more than MCW has this year. But the senior year, he became one of my favorite players.

My favorite players in no particular order:
Josh Pace
G-Mac
Rautins
CJ
Scoop
MCW

This. His junior year, when he tried to be the star of the team... man, I don't think I've ever been more frustrated with a player.

He was so much better his senior year, it isn't even funny.

His junior year, he angered me far more than MCW has this year. But the senior year, he became one of my favorite players.

My favorite players in no particular order:
Josh Pace
G-Mac
Rautins
CJ
Scoop
MCW

To each his own, but Scoop's junior year numbers are awfully similar to Mike's numbers this year. 10.6 field goal attempts per game for each, 12.5 points per game for each (Mike's playing a little under 34 minutes per game, Scoop played a hair over 32).

More assists and turnovers for Mike, better shooting for Scoop.

Not sure what Scoop did to anger anyone that season.

I always liked Scoop, and thought that all of the hate he received was a bit unwarranted. Really, his problems related to his role on the team and what was expected of him. He was perfect in the role he played on the '09-'10 team; 3rd guard, comes off the bench to change the pace of the game and lead the offense for short stretches. The next year, when he was given the reigns and expected to be the team leader he was in over his head, but that wasn't his fault it was a result of circumstance.

Yes, Scoop is missed.

Take out Andy as the point guard. That puts Scoop 2nd. Also shows that Gerry peaked early in his career.

hmmmmm . . . . three months ago, there was a strong sentiment on this board that if Scoop had been benched in favor of MCW last year, the Orange would have won the national title.

Wolves eat their young when food is scarce, and Orange fans eat their starters after a loss

Which one?

Oh right, I'm only 21, so I forgot about Leo lol. Andy. Loved him by the time he was a senior, even if I thought he kinda looked like a douche lol. A lot of people used to say that I played like him, so I became a fan.

Sidenote: Don't even know where to post this, but I just deposited Boeheim's check. That was one of the coolest things I've experienced lol.

Oh right, I'm only 21, so I forgot about Leo lol. Andy. Loved him by the time he was a senior, even if I thought he kinda looked like a douche lol. A lot of people used to say that I played like him, so I became a fan.

Sidenote: Don't even know where to post this, but I just deposited Boeheim's check. That was one of the coolest things I've experienced lol.
lol what?

I work at a bank and he just walked up to me with his check lol. It was so weird seeing him up close in person like that. I definitely was turning red while asking how he was doing and stuff.

lol man, thats awesome.

lol man, thats awesome.

Yeah lol, first day on the job too. I'm an on-call teller, so I float between a bunch of branches in the area. The other tellers were so non-chalant about it and said that he was kinda cold and off-standish when he was younger but that he's gotten much friendlier in recent years.

Edit: But I don't mean to highjack this thread lol. Was just a cool experience and I wanted to tell somebody about it lol.

Yeah lol, first day on the job too. I'm an on-call teller, so I float between a bunch of branches in the area. The other tellers were so non-chalant about it and said that he was kinda cold and off-standish when he was younger but that he's gotten much friendlier in recent years.

Edit: But I don't mean to highjack this thread lol. Was just a cool experience and I wanted to tell somebody about it lol.

That is so bad a$$. I'd prolly start a thread on each topic board about it if I ran into JB haha

That is so bad a$$. I'd prolly start a thread on each topic board about it if I ran into JB haha

Yeah lol, definitely my favorite branch that I've worked at here.

Maybe some day I'll work up the guts to ask him if I could ever be like some sort of assistant or something lol. I've always dreamed of being a scout or something, but I don't want to bother him when he's out in public lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom