I never doubted these kids | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I never doubted these kids

Yes, people rant and show their frustration in the game threads. There's also a lot of great bball talk. When the team plays well, it's positive. When it doesn't, it's negative. No excuse for name calling regardless.

If someone ever filmed me or recorded me during a game... Let's just say it wouldn't be my finest hour.
My wife told me to grow up and settle down several times last night.

I tried to explain to her that there was no way this game should be in OT but I don't think she really understood me.

After the game was over she asked me if I was happy now. Well, yes the wins (especially against Indiana) are great but unfortunately the losses still hurt me more.

My wife told me to grow up and settle down several times last night.

I tried to explain to her that there was no way this game should be in OT but I don't think she really understood me.

After the game was over she asked me if I was happy now. Well, yes the wins (especially against Indiana) are great but unfortunately the losses still hurt me more.
Yea, my wife isn't a huge fan of watching games with me at times. Wish it didn't have to be so stressful sometimes like the good old days in the early 2010's.

I wonder what the Duke board was like when they blew a 16 point second half lead and went nearly scoreless the final seven minutes of the game? It happens to the best. Big leads evaporate quicker when an opposing team knocks down 3-4 threes. That’s college basketball.

I wonder what the Duke board was like when they blew a 16 point second half lead and went nearly scoreless the final seven minutes of the game? It happens to the best. Big leads evaporate quicker when an opposing team knocks down 3-4 threes. That’s college basketball.
My hunch is that there was a ton of griping.

I'm a Pats fan. No fan base has been more spoiled over the past 20 years than that one. And yet there are times in game threads that you'd think we were fans of the Jets.

Fans are fans are fans.

My hunch is that there was a ton of griping.

I'm a Pats fan. No fan base has been more spoiled over the past 20 years than that one. And yet there are times in game threads that you'd think we were fans of the Jets.

Fans are fans are fans.
Neck and neck with Alabama fans.

I just wonder, how many people on the board are more successful than these players at anything in their life? Yet, these players are called losers. Rubs me the wrong way. Our players gave everything they had tonight. For 50 minutes. I have never booed a team I root for. I doubt I ever will.

But does that really matter? I think people should be able to voice an opinion on their sports team regardless of how successful at life they are. Just one man's opinion. It's just a sport after all.

But does that really matter? I think people should be able to voice an opinion on their sports team regardless of how successful at life they are. Just one man's opinion. It's just a sport after all.
Of course you can voice your opinion. I don't mind at all if anyone disagrees with me. But why question my opinion on the people that say those things. Don't I have a right to my opinion about them? It seems cheap to me to call players losers when they are better at what they do than the people that are calling them losers. Our guys are trying as hard as they can. Now, if they do something off the court that calls their character in to question, different story. But it does seem that we have real gems playing for us right now. Excellent students that reflect well on the University. And those same fans will be the first ones chanting we're #1 if they turn it around. It says a lot about the "fans" character in my opinion. And what it is saying, isn't good.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to how many of you people have sat in the stands at a game?

The stuff that flies there is twice as bad as anything in a game thread.
Yeah, I have been to a few games. And like everyone else, I rant in my living room. But I would never say on a public board the things I see on our boards. Or I'm sure other fans boards. But I must say, I have never called any of my college teams losers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom