I realize the students are home, but my lord | Syracusefan.com

I realize the students are home, but my lord

Cuse4

Scout Team
it's quieter than the Pace exhibition game in the Dome... Can blow this team out show some life!

ambivalence with the MCW situation? Heard alot of hand wringing on the radio today and unlike the split here it was mostly negative re JB. Could also be the stupor a lot of us feel after the events in ct. Just hard to get fired up for sports.

ta5aguga.jpg

GOLF CLAP!!!!!

(let's go orange) Shhhhhh...

My guess is the attendance is off by no more than 200 people based on the MCWILLIAMS situation. After all this time if that is th straw tha breaks the camel's back for some people they can go kick rocks.

There was a power outage at the library, so they had to move it into the Dome for tonight. Ushers telling everyone to exercise caution with regard to applause.

When Doris Burker is commenting on how quiet it is, it's baaaad

ambivalence with the MCW situation? Heard alot of hand wringing on the radio today and unlike the split here it was mostly negative re JB.
you'd like that, huh?

Hey, which comes first, the chicken or the egg? The team wasn't giving us much to cheer about. We were pretty good while they were pretty good, but then we got nervous when they went dead.Then we had to personally try to revive them, which was unsettling. We were standing and cheering and then they'd turn the ball over, or Detroit would score. It felt like the Twilight Zone, truly.

Also, it is very hard to get excited when you're blowing a team out. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. And so far it's been blow out city. And it seems the city/students is taking this team for granted. In 2009/10 we were so excited to have such a good team. Now, have we come to expect it?

At any rate, my daughter and I do our part. We have our butts in the seats and we cheer/chant and clap. I even do those hideous "Go!" Other side: "Orange!" cheers. Puke! And then we walked home with pouring icy rain soaking us to the skin. I have my Boeheim face sign, though, and it was totally worth it!

MSG is rocking no matter who we play there. Dome on TV just looked embarrassing tonight.

Maybe it's because the NYC folks don't get to see the team a lot and are just excited, but even games where we're up by 20 everyone is on their feet and "Let's go Orange" chant is every 2 mins. Can't wait until Temple.

Can we get fireman Ed up here now that he's retired from the jets?

Through eight home games, attendance is down almost 1,300 people per game from the same stage last year. And it has been seriously quiet.

This is in spite of the fact that half of our games have been played on weekends and Boeheim has been chasing 900. Both of those things should have boosted attendance.

Not good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom