I really hope no one boos Coach P | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I really hope no one boos Coach P

Holy , do you remember that?! In all honesty I stopped as I was feeling so bad for the guy the way that played out, it was merciless and out of control the way that took off. Hopefully he thought it was UVA fans and not SU fans.

And now that I think about it and go to the memory file and if I'm remembering correctly, that game was a microcosm of the whole P era of frustration and losses that couldve been and maybe shouldve been wins. The upside of course was oogling the lovely coeds down there and being witness to one helluva cool college football environment.

I tend to remember the games we were supposed to lose and won - Clemson, Michigan, Va Tech, Wisconsin, Florida etc, etc, etc.

I tend to remember the games we were supposed to lose and won - Clemson, Michigan, Va Tech, Wisconsin, Florida etc, etc, etc.
16-20 his last 3 years, 29-30 from '99-2004 if you take away the miracle that was dwight freeneys year (still a pedestrian mediocre 39-33 with it in) and one strains to remember the good times over the bad. I know in your view it was all due to bad facilities, poor asst coaches salaries, etc. and the fact that they was the reason for poor recruiting, with none of it on coach P.

Listen I've heard you guys over the years with an open enough mind to come to the conclusion that it didn't help and in fact hurt and is a real part of his decline, but it wasn't the facilities that resulted in the 4 pt FG attempt, the giving the ball at the one to frosh Dee Brown against NC state who fumbled and lose the game instead of the seasoned 250 lb FB rob konrad and on and on with other examples I won't bore the board with.

Suffice to say it was (his decline) due in a small part to what you've noted over the years, but the larger part is due to his ineptitude that we're currently seeing played out now at Cn just like many of said would happen. You choose not to see that, and that's ok cuz that's your thing.

I wish it wasn't human nature to remember the bad more than the good but that's the way it is. Good time, bad times it was what it was. And what it was was more bad ultimately than good. That's why he's no longer here today.

Holy , do you remember that?! In all honesty I stopped as I was feeling so bad for the guy the way that played out, it was merciless and out of control the way that took off. Hopefully he thought it was UVA fans and not SU fans.

And now that I think about it and go to the memory file and if I'm remembering correctly, that game was a microcosm of the whole P era of frustration and losses that couldve been and maybe shouldve been wins. The upside of course was oogling the lovely coeds down there and being witness to one helluva cool college football environment.

you boo'd. We lost our minds when we decided to take a knee at the end of the half. I know because I supported your rant and perhaps added onto it. You boo'd because you feared a decade like we just had was coming.

Most fans tend to lose their minds when one of two things happen. The first is when there is a perceived lack of enthusiasm or effort by the team or coach. The second is when appears when a coach doesn't understand basic probabilities/situational calls, like the 4 pt fg. In Va, we seemed to lack effort and then chose to take the zero probability play of taking a knee at halftime. Ask Millhouse the probability of scoring when taking a knee (against a non-schiano team)...then ask the whether the probability of losing increases when you give up possesions.

I don't think that Cuseregular can be blamed for this act. He generally sucks as a person overall, but his actions at that moment were perfectly predictable, much like the playcalling at the end of that half.

He gave up a Great part of his life for SU Football.

Gave up? That would imply he volunteered his time or something. I believe he was paid rather handsomely. He didn't give up anything. It was a job, and a well paid one at that...

you boo'd. We lost our minds when we decided to take a knee at the end of the half. I know because I supported your rant and perhaps added onto it. You boo'd because you feared a decade like we just had was coming.

Most fans tend to lose their minds when one of two things happen. The first is when there is a perceived lack of enthusiasm or effort by the team or coach. The second is when appears when a coach doesn't understand basic probabilities/situational calls, like the 4 pt fg. In Va, we seemed to lack effort and then chose to take the zero probability play of taking a knee at halftime. Ask Millhouse the probability of scoring when taking a knee (against a non-schiano team)...then ask the whether the probability of losing increases when you give up possesions.

I don't think that Cuseregular can be blamed for this act. He generally sucks as a person overall, but his actions at that moment were perfectly predictable, much like the playcalling at the end of that half.
Holy cow Fairfaxcuse is back in the house for a guest appearance! About time. I want you to ask yourself this question...what's more important time spent with your kids and family or time spent here wiling away hour after hour in the fruitless persuit and attempt that we may be able to figure a way to improve our football teams lot?

I expect you to answer this question accurately and appropriately and spend more time over here so the world can see what a loser you've become as I share stories such as the fact when you do make the games you spend most of the time playing patty cake (or whatever the hell you're doing up there) instead watching the game.

I've got news for you, Patty cake spells......LOSER!

Gave up? That would imply he volunteered his time or something. I believe he was paid rather handsomely. He didn't give up anything. It was a job, and a well paid one at that...

Yeah, that was an interesting way of stating it. Like SU football is a soup kitchen.

I won't be there. I'd boo UConn if I cared, but I don't. So as I hopefully watch the game on TV (if I'm sober enough after a long day of betting on ponies in Lexington, KY), I will probably just be saying booo-urns.

This is a wasted debate.

I expect that there will be all of 7,000 people in the Dome when UConn takes the field. Booing or cheering won't matter, it'll all be drowned out by the sound of the roof pressurization system running.

16-20 his last 3 years, 29-30 from '99-2004 if you take away the miracle that was dwight freeneys year (still a pedestrian mediocre 39-33 with it in) and one strains to remember the good times over the bad. I know in your view it was all due to bad facilities, poor asst coaches salaries, etc. and the fact that they was the reason for poor recruiting, with none of it on coach P.

Listen I've heard you guys over the years with an open enough mind to come to the conclusion that it didn't help and in fact hurt and is a real part of his decline, but it wasn't the facilities that resulted in the 4 pt FG attempt, the giving the ball at the one to frosh Dee Brown against NC state who fumbled and lose the game instead of the seasoned 250 lb FB rob konrad and on and on with other examples I won't bore the board with.

Suffice to say it was (his decline) due in a small part to what you've noted over the years, but the larger part is due to his ineptitude that we're currently seeing played out now at Cn just like many of said would happen. You choose not to see that, and that's ok cuz that's your thing.

I wish it wasn't human nature to remember the bad more than the good but that's the way it is. Good time, bad times it was what it was. And what it was was more bad ultimately than good. That's why he's no longer here today.

"More bad ultimately than good."

Sorry, but you should consult somebody - that's a warped observation.

There were few bad times when Coach P was here. And the idea that he became "inept" after years of great success is of course illogical.

But, I'll tell you what though. I'll give up a Dee Brown fumble on the goal line every year - just give me a win at Michigan - eight or nine regular season wins and a BCS bowl birth.

I'll be fine with that.

As a matter of fact, I'll take a Champs Bowl along with a BE Championship and wins against UConn, Pitt, BC, and other BE teams. Oh wait! I got that in 2004!!

By the way, three years ago - Edsall's last season - the Huskies, were on today's date, 0-2 in the BE and 3-4 overall. They went on to pull a series of rabbits out of their hats aided apparently by the emotional impact of the tragic death of the football player who was killed on campus.

And during that run the Huskie offense did next to nothing.

So don't try to run the UConn angle at the argument - there was much work to do when Pasqualoni arrived in Storrs last year.

I have a suggestion. Start programming your brain to think of the years 1971 through 1985. That should help divert your thoughts from Coach P and his "inept" coaching.

"More bad ultimately than good."

Sorry, but you should consult somebody - that's a warped observation.

There were few bad times when Coach P was here. And the idea that he became "inept" after years of great success is of course illogical.

But, I'll tell you what though. I'll give up a Dee Brown fumble on the goal line every year - just give me a win at Michigan - eight or nine regular season wins and a BCS bowl birth.

I'll be fine with that.

As a matter of fact, I'll take a Champs Bowl along with a BE Championship and wins against UConn, Pitt, BC, and other BE teams. Oh wait! I got that in 2004!!

By the way, three years ago - Edsall's last season - the Huskies, were on today's date, 0-2 in the BE and 3-4 overall. They went on to pull a series of rabbits out of their hats aided apparently by the emotional impact of the tragic death of the football player who was killed on campus.

And during that run the Huskie offense did next to nothing.

So don't try to run the UConn angle at the argument - there was much work to do when Pasqualoni arrived in Storrs last year.

I have a suggestion. Start programming your brain to think of the years 1971 through 1985. That should help divert your thoughts from Coach P and his "inept" coaching.
Ok let me rephrase as I actually agree with you on the more good then bad thing overall in his career. The last years of his career that I note were, however, more bad than good. I'll let someone else list the details. Bottom line he was unable to keep up the positive momentum from the Mac years for the myraid of reasons we're discussing here, but there's no way around what happened toward the end of his tenure.

I was around for those '71-'85 years and you're right they were difficult. Which is why it was so nice to see the fortunes turned in large part to Mac and small part to P who was a part of that. But, again, he was at the helm for the start of the slide down hill that has occurred such that national broadcasters were ridiculing the program mid game, this before GRob, that we're now pulling out of. That's history not revisionist history like you appear to be attempting to do.

And oh yeah go on over to the Uconn board and start up there as that'll be an interesting give and take.

Ok let me rephrase as I actually agree with you on the more good then bad thing overall in his career. The last years of his career that I note were, however, more bad than good. I'll let someone else list the details. Bottom line he was unable to keep up the positive momentum from the Mac years for the myraid of reasons we're discussing here, but there's no way around what happened toward the end of his tenure.

I was around for those '71-'85 years and you're right they were difficult. Which is why it was so nice to see the fortunes turned in large part to Mac and small part to P who was a part of that. But, again, he was at the helm for the slide down hill that has occurred and we're now pulling out of. That's history not revisionist history like you appear to be attempting to do.

And oh yeah go on over to the Uconn board and start up there as that'll be an interesting give and take.
I covered the bad in a post last week. There was a lot of good during the P years, but there was also a lot of bad, whether OrangePA wants to admit it or not. And no, I don't believe it was all Coach P's fault, but a lot of it was, imo.

I do not like UConn, Coach P coaches UConn, therefore according to my high school Course II logic, I do not like coach P, which means I boo when they come into the building.
I got a 100 on my Course II regents. Just sayin

The last years of his career that I note were, however, more bad than good. I'll let someone else list the details.

1. 16-20 last 3 years.

2. A 3 year stretch of recruiting that was the worst in at least two decades and since.

3. Complete loss of NJ as a recruiting base.

4. Loss of Florida recruiting.

5. Loss of fan support and sharp decline in attendance.

6. Loss of team and player support to the point of some telling recruits not to come here.

It was time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom