I really hope no one boos Coach P | Syracusefan.com

I really hope no one boos Coach P

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
If I were to meet him out somewhere socially I would shake his hand and thank him for the time, work and efforts he put forth toward the school and program I follow. I know and hear he is a tremendous person. So at the very least he is deserved of respect.

But on the other hand this is also not the time to cheer his entry and not the time to send that good neighborly message as it will counter what is good for the team and university. This game is not life, it's a microcosm of life and a nice escape from it for a few hours but it's also a tough guy sport and you (both players/coaches and fans alike) do not want to do anything the help the opponent, so nows not the time to cheer. This if you want the best for Syracuse University.

If he's cheered it has the potential to get in the heads of the kids and be another obstacle to overcome if they think for a second "wow great now they're cheering for the opponent". For God's sake Cliff on the Bud and Manchild show just said that as a Syracuse fan he'd cheer if P wins. What a screwy perspective from a supposed "fan" of Syracuse University.

I know for this game pregame I will be firmly sitting on my hands, tempted to boo for being part of the reason for the slide of Syracuse football the past decade, but understanding in the big picture there's more to the story and he's not deserved of it. I hope it's just like a regular game and that there will be no reaction beyond the norm one way or another.

Don't boo P, Don't cheer P, just root on the Orange to beat an opponent we're not very fond of. GO ORANGE, turn this ship around! (and play AB for GODS SAKE!).

Why would anyone Boo Him?, He gave up a Great part of his life for SU Football. We'll see if the game has "Passed Him By" this Weekend.

he has never been booed since he has been back in the Dome. He always gets an applause. If you went to the games you would know that.

he has never been booed since he has been back in the Dome. He always gets an applause. If you went to the games you would know that.
he's been back to the dome as an opposing coach? I must have missed that.

Why would anyone Boo Him?, He gave up a Great part of his life for SU Football. We'll see if the game has "Passed Him By" this Weekend.
I guess you haven't read the boards much over the years. There was even a website "CoachPmustgo.com" that had quite a few devotees. Rightly or wrongly (it's both in my opinion) many hold coach P responsible for starting the slide into the abyss that Robinson steamrolled us into and Marrone has taken us out of.

What the hell are you talking about?

Exactly where I am at.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What the hell are you talking about?

Obviously you missed that Cowboys game in the Dome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If I were to meet him out somewhere socially I would shake his hand and thank him for the time, work and efforts he put forth toward the school and program I follow. I know and hear he is a tremendous person. So at the very least he is deserved of respect.

But on the other hand this is also not the time to cheer his entry and not the time to send that good neighborly message as it will counter what is good for the team and university. This game is not life, it's a microcosm of life and a nice escape from it for a few hours but it's also a tough guy sport and you (both players/coaches and fans alike) do not want to do anything the help the opponent, so nows not the time to cheer. This if you want the best for Syracuse University.

If he's cheered it has the potential to get in the heads of the kids and be another obstacle to overcome if they think for a second "wow great now they're cheering for the opponent". For God's sake Cliff on the Bud and Manchild show just said that as a Syracuse fan he'd cheer if P wins. What a screwy perspective from a supposed "fan" of Syracuse University.

I know for this game pregame I will be firmly sitting on my hands, tempted to boo for being part of the reason for the slide of Syracuse football the past decade, but understanding in the big picture there's more to the story and he's not deserved of it. I hope it's just like a regular game and that there will be no reaction beyond the norm one way or another.

Don't boo P, Don't cheer P, just root on the Orange to beat an opponent we're not very fond of. GO ORANGE, turn this ship around! (and play AB for GODS SAKE!).

However, if he ran right below you into a tunnel at Scott Stadium at UVa while the SU coach...

He Cuseregular? I in fact boo him when I am there.

I honestly don't think this is even a concern. I think the fan base is incredibly indifferent to P at this point and have long since moved on. Not that they would have booed him even right after he left.

However, if he ran right below you into a tunnel at Scott Stadium at UVa while the SU coach...

lol. I was there in the SU section that day and will never forget that.

Holy , do you remember that?! In all honesty I stopped as I was feeling so bad for the guy the way that played out, it was merciless and out of control the way that took off. Hopefully he thought it was UVA fans and not SU fans.

And now that I think about it and go to the memory file and if I'm remembering correctly, that game was a microcosm of the whole P era of frustration and losses that couldve been and maybe shouldve been wins. The upside of course was oogling the lovely coeds down there and being witness to one helluva cool college football environment.

I will cheer him when he comes in. Then its business as usual after that

Holy , do you remember that?! In all honesty I stopped as I was feeling so bad for the guy the way that played out, it was merciless and out of control the way that took off. Hopefully he thought it was UVA fans and not SU fans.

And now that I think about it and go to the memory file and if I'm remembering correctly, that game was a microcosm of the whole P era of frustration and losses that couldve been and maybe shouldve been wins. The upside of course was oogling the lovely coeds down there and being witness to one helluva cool college football environment.

Don't ask me how, after that booze cruise of a busride and tailgate. But I remember P getting lit up bad and the UVa fan kinds surprised by it.

Don't ask me how, after that booze cruise of a busride and tailgate. But I remember P getting lit up bad and the UVa fan kinds surprised by it.
ahhh, to this day the BEST bus ride eva!

I said exactly the same thing in a post a day or two ago. Not as eloquently, but the same thing. Appreciate what P did for the program. Shake his hand. Fine. But on game day now, he's the enemy. God forbid we lose on Friday - I will have to take a week's vacation from this board.

Yeah, that was fun talking about that game this past Saturday evening at dinner. Now, if I could only remember what happened after dinner.

I think the bigger question is will there be any positive cheering at this game. This could end up as a game of whose fans boo the loudest.

I do not like UConn, Coach P coaches UConn, therefore according to my high school Course II logic, I do not like coach P, which means I boo when they come into the building.

I think there is a greater possibility of Marrone getting booed at end of game if we lose...

Hate to even think about it... but... so true, so true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom