I really want to play UCONN again | Syracusefan.com

I really want to play UCONN again

longislandcuse

Living Legend
I know beating them 3x is probably tougher, especially off the double bye, than any other team in the Big East Tourney. They are going to be hungry for wins and probably feel like they have some kind of destiny on their side with the 9 seed and opening with Depaul.

That being said, I really want to see how we defend them after they shredded us in the second half last game. UCONN with their size, length, and talent is the best practice we have for if we play UNC and Kentucky down the line. I'll be eager to see how we counter them getting the ball into the high post with players who can makes moves and Drummond inside who can finish because UNC will try this with Henson and Zeller and UK will try this with Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis.

UK and UNC dont know our defense like UCONN does so we'll see if they can attack it like UCONN, but playing them for a 3rd time is great practice.

Oh yea, and beating them 3x would be sweeeeeeettttttttt.

Thank you LongIsland ! Finally someone who is not afraid of playing UConn. After reading some of the posts yesterday I was sick to my stomach at some fans fear of them. If we can't dominate them this year then we never will. Bring them on !

5 out of 6, and we gave em their toughest game during the run...we own them lately and thats not changing

As fans of the Orange we honestly shouldn't be afraid to play any team. Whether it be the first, second or third time. Our boys have proven they can and will beat all comers anywhere, anytime playing any style.

With Melo playing as well as he is, the team that I would love to see them play is Notre Dame. I think that Syracuse is going to grab its 6th Big East title and make a very nice, deep run in the Big Dance. Can't wait for Thursday.

As fans of the Orange we honestly shouldn't be afraid to play any team. Whether it be the first, second or third time. Our boys have proven they can and will beat all comers anywhere, anytime playing any style.

With Melo playing as well as he is, the team that I would love to see them play is Notre Dame. I think that Syracuse is going to grab its 6th Big East title and make a very nice, deep run in the Big Dance. Can't wait for Thursday.
Playing ND again just makes my mouth water. Man, I want to DESTROY them. Fab will devour Cooley.

I agree! Any game that gets us ready is a good game. Bring on Uconn, WVU, Marquette. We have a special team lets enjoy them and their talent. Go Cuse!

I know beating them 3x is probably tougher, especially off the double bye, than any other team in the Big East Tourney. They are going to be hungry for wins and probably feel like they have some kind of destiny on their side with the 9 seed and opening with Depaul.

That being said, I really want to see how we defend them after they shredded us in the second half last game. UCONN with their size, length, and talent is the best practice we have for if we play UNC and Kentucky down the line. I'll be eager to see how we counter them getting the ball into the high post with players who can makes moves and Drummond inside who can finish because UNC will try this with Henson and Zeller and UK will try this with Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis.

UK and UNC dont know our defense like UCONN does so we'll see if they can attack it like UCONN, but playing them for a 3rd time is great practice.

Oh yea, and beating them 3x would be sweeeeeeettttttttt.
ditto, I WANT to beat these guys as much as we can. I have no fear of that crappy team, our team is special this year. We can play with anyone with no fear. I am happy with the stall ball practice the big east has provided this year, but once we get to the elite eight I doubt teams will play stall ball. I heard someone on tv saying nobody can run with Murray state once they start running lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I don't care who we play. If we were to lose, so be it.

If I were you guys, ND is the last team I would want to play. I understand the Prove we are better with Melo stuff, but you are almost unbeatable when you are forcing turnovers and running. You can win in the half court too, but if a team slows you down you go from best in class to really good but beatable if your shots aren't falling. You should wish Brey and the burn co to stay away.

Teams all year have been doing the stall ball crap against us not just nd

If I were you guys, ND is the last team I would want to play. I understand the Prove we are better with Melo stuff, but you are almost unbeatable when you are forcing turnovers and running. You can win in the half court too, but if a team slows you down you go from best in class to really good but beatable if your shots aren't falling. You should wish Brey and the burn co to stay away.
We've proven we can beat teams who try the ND method of stall ball against us. I want revenge.

Did you see the Louisville game yesterday? How did the slow down work for them? You can say that Syracuse becomes beatable but the fact of the matter is that they have NOT been beat because of that or any other strategy.

The ONLY reason ND beat Syracuse was the absence of our big man. Cooley was too much for Christmas and Baye to handle. It would be a completely different story if the two teams played again. Completely different.

UConn is a great matchup for us, no matter how many times we play them. And they didn't come back in the last game, we let them back in. We could have easily won both games by 30+.

The ONLY reason ND beat Syracuse was the absence of our big man. Cooley was too much for Christmas and Baye to handle.

Yeah, and even then he still needed a little help from the refs.

Give the devil its due UConn has the 2nd most talent in the Big East, and they are a good rival so it would nice to beat them again in the Big East Tournament. I believe prior to last year we had knocked them out 4 of the 5 previous years until they got us last year. So I ideally for the most satisfaction I would love to beat UConn, Georgetown, Notre Dame in that order.

The fear of UConn by some on this board is irrational. They are not that good. They went 8-10 in the BE for a reason. They don't defend like a typical UC team, have marginal depth and so-so chemistry. I would not be surprised if we don't even play them.

BUT THEY ARE THE 9 SEED, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!

Beating them on Thursday would certainly bring out some parallels from '03:
- Final Four in New Orleans
- East Region is extremely close to home (Boston this year, ALbany in 03)
- Beat Georgetown 3 times in 2003; chance beat to UConn 3 times this year (arguably our 2 biggest rivals of the last decade)
- Went undefeated at home

BUT THEY ARE THE 9 SEED, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!

Beating them on Thursday would certainly bring out some parallels from '03:
- Final Four in New Orleans
- East Region is extremely close to home (Boston this year, ALbany in 03)
- Beat Georgetown 3 times in 2003; chance beat to UConn 3 times this year (arguably our 2 biggest rivals of the last decade)
- Went undefeated at home

The real crime is this game is on at Noon on Thursday!

Imagine UConn/Cuse at 9PM on Thursday...all the 2003 Karma plus UConn fans would be jizzing all over themselves thinking they get to catch "Lightening in the Bottle" twice as a 9 seed. But no the BE dopes put the #1 seed on at Noon.

Thank you LongIsland ! Finally someone who is not afraid of playing UConn. After reading some of the posts yesterday I was sick to my stomach at some fans fear of them. If we can't dominate them this year then we never will. Bring them on !

Can you point me to the posts that said we are "afraid" of them?

I want to play DePaul again.

We are a magnet for attracting them in the BET. It's very difficult to beat a team 3 times in a season. No matter how irrational, its just human nature that the team that lost twice will play with more intensity. Plus they are cornered animals...needing a big scalp to secure their NCAAT bid. Hate having to play them again. PLUS it makes it much tougher to score tix...their fans show up and bid up the price of tix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom