I refuse to go to bed worrying about this | Syracusefan.com

I refuse to go to bed worrying about this

SWC75

Bored Historian
And since I have to go to bed...:noidea:

Good call there. Happy New Year... Thank you for another year of upside/downside and coaches show recaps. Those posts are two of the main reasons I've been coming to this board for more than 10 years now.

If you ever do a season recap upside/downside set, "Coach restoring team to respectability resulting in NFL head coaching interviews" belongs on the Downside.

If you ever do a season recap upside/downside set, "Coach restoring team to respectability resulting in NFL head coaching interviews" belongs on the Downside.

That's an Upside and a Downside. There's always some of each. Hey, are we better off than we were four years ago?

That's an Upside and a Downside. There's always some of each. Hey, are we better off than we were four years ago?

Did you really tell Marrone that he was like Lucy pulling the ball away?

Jesus christ.

Did you really tell Marrone that he was like Lucy pulling the ball away?

Jesus christ.

No. Where did you hear that?

What I've come to realize is there never really is a peaceful rest when you follow SU Sports. Get a number one ranking and high Tourney seed and watch your starting Center go down with an injury or be declared ineligible for the Tournament. Start a new season with optimism and have the Fine Mess fall in your lap. Get called to the ACC and watch teams getting picked off, or have to listen to constant rumors about who's looking to get out. Get to a point where it looks like things are turning around on the football side and have to worry about a coaching turnover and recruits getting picked off.

Enjoy your sleep.

What I've come to realize is there never really is a peaceful rest when you follow SU Sports. Get a number one ranking and high Tourney seed and watch your starting Center go down with an injury or be declared ineligible for the Tournament. Start a new season with optimism and have the Fine Mess fall in your lap. Get called to the ACC and watch teams getting picked off, or have to listen to constant rumors about who's looking to get out. Get to a point where it looks like things are turning around on the football side and have to worry about a coaching turnover and recruits getting picked off.

Enjoy your sleep.

Coach, I heard a comparison today that Syracuse fans were like Charlie Brown, always hoping that this time Lucy won’t pull the ball way. Sports is all about optimism and fans are always hoping that a good performance one week will lead to a good performance the next week. But how much of a carry over is there from one week to the next? Do teams, even after a successful performance have to start from scratch the next week and build up, physically, emotionally and strategically to the next performance? Will playing so well against Louisville help us defeat Missouri?”

I didn't make the comparison. I heard it. My question suggested that the results of previous games were not an indication of what the next game would be like, that you have to build up to your next performance.

Coach, I heard a comparison today that Syracuse fans were like Charlie Brown, always hoping that this time Lucy won’t pull the ball way. Sports is all about optimism and fans are always hoping that a good performance one week will lead to a good performance the next week. But how much of a carry over is there from one week to the next? Do teams, even after a successful performance have to start from scratch the next week and build up, physically, emotionally and strategically to the next performance? Will playing so well against Louisville help us defeat Missouri?”

I didn't make the comparison. I heard it. My question suggested that the results of previous games were not an indication of what the next game would be like, that you have to build up to your next performance.

That's not how it was taken.

"That clip was pretty horrific," said Mrs. CC. Not exactly sure the connection you are trying to make. Perhaps a heck of a stretch. I don't know.

While it may seem like the sky is falling today, the sun will rise tomorrow. Agree with your sentiment above that there is an upside and downside to my original post. That was my intent. Obviously, folks are mostly looking at the downside today. And panic has set in. Time to take your advice from 24 hours ago.

Here's to peaceful, worry-free sleep.

That's not how it was taken.

I didn't make the quoted statement and the quoted statement doesn't say Marrone was Lucy. It was describing fan reaction to the varied results we were getting. My question was about whether the expectaitons created by one result should carry over to the next game.

I find it strange that you would go back seven weeks to find a post and then misquote me so you could criticize me.

I didn't make the quoted statement and the quoted statement doesn't say Marrone was Lucy. It was describing fan reaction to the varied results we were getting. My question was about whether the expectaitons created by one result should carry over to the next game.

I find it strange that you would go back seven weeks to find a post and then misquote me so you could criticize me.

Whatever you might have meant isn't what was heard.

i've found that one useful way to make sure people don't misinterpret a question is to keep the question under 20,000 words

i've found that one useful way to make sure people don't misinterpret a question is to keep the question under 20,000 words

No kidding.

Here's the podcast. People can judge for themselves how the coach responded to my question. And they can hear what I said, which is what exactly I meant.
http://www.suathletics.com/podcasts.aspx

I hope you are not trying to suggest that Marrone is considering leaving because he doesn't like the questions I ask on his show.

It was a bit long winded at 101 words. I also said it too quickly, which has you can see on the podcast, caused some confusion. Gulty to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom