"I run Chino Hills, I run UCLA.." | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"I run Chino Hills, I run UCLA.."

IMG_6246.JPG

I think Ball was exposed a little bit vs. Kentucky.

Admittedly it was the first time I had watched him play this year, but he didn't impress me much.

He'll face that level athlete, if not better, in the NBA. And with the funky release, I'm not sure he'll ever get his shot off unless he's 2 feet deeper than everyone else or wide open on a swing pass.

I guess NBA guys know more than me but I wouldn't draft him in the top 5.

Admittedly it was the first time I had watched him play this year, but he didn't impress me much.

He'll face that level athlete, if not better, in the NBA. And with the funky release, I'm not sure he'll ever get his shot off unless he's 2 feet deeper than everyone else or wide open on a swing pass.

I think he will at minimum be a solid player. I think Fox has star potential, he's just too fast!

What I noticed in the game was how atrocious Ball's defense is. Yikes. I didn't expect all world defense but his wasn't really even adequate. Perhaps his offensive positives will offset the negatives but coupled with his dad's interfering ways, it'll be interesting what teams will bite and which will pass.

He is all that is wrong with youth sports, no your son is not going to be better than Curry, no you couldn't beat Mj, if he had two broken legs, and no one is giving your kids a billion dollar shoe deal, just be quiet and enjoy your kids games.

You should take your own advice. The backwards LaVar Bell of Syracuse hoops.

I hope this thread gets saved for posterity. On some levels it may prove to have some of the same comic values as the Harden-Flynn debates from 2009.

Ball will be a stud in the NBA I have 0 doubts.

One other thing about this - Lavar clearly has pull at UCLA because I'm not sure LiAngelo would be going to UCLA without Lonzo and LaMelo.

I believe LiAngelo is like a three star and not a top 100 guy (might be wrong).

Dad is the reason the son will tumble in the draft. A top 5 team won't bother.

Dad is the reason the son will tumble in the draft. A top 5 team won't bother.

He will be a top 5 pick, the kid has talent, you will deal with the dad, as annoying as he is.

He will be a top 5 pick, the kid has talent, you will deal with the dad, as annoying as he is.

There are a lot of questions in my mind. Maybe he is the next Jason Kidd - maybe not.

Lavar Ball has managed to find a loophole to monetize his kid's college success. He's blatently using his sons name. Each B represents a kid. And they are walking billboards. Apparently it's all kosher.

Others should take note. Why not sell "Battle(r) Brand" gear if ur Mr. Battle? How does the NCAA view this?

Last edited:
Jason Kidd was fast and a great defender. I think the comparisons between those two begin and end with their passing and court vision.

Agreed. Just saying, people have said that he has the same type of game. I don't agree but he might be an effective pro.

Not sure it's an absolute given like many do, though.

Lavar Ball has managed to find a loophole to monetize his kid's college success. He's blatently using his sons name. Each B represents a kid. And they are waking billboards. Apparently it's all kosher.

Others should take note. Why not sell "Battle(r) Brand" gear if ur Mr. Battle? How does the NCAA view this?

I've gotta wonder if anyone is actually buying his gear? I mean...why would you?

Does the Ball family's 'Big Baller Brand' skirt NCAA rules? Experts say yes, but LaVar Ball doesn't care.

Excerpt from article:

That could be a problem. NCAA bylaw 12.5.2.1(a) bars using an athlete’s “name or picture to advertise, recommend, or promote, directly the sale of a commercial product or service of any kind.” The bylaw has been invoked repeatedly in recent years, including former Louisiana State football running back Leonard Fournette’s family halting apparel sales through a website after the NCAA learned of it.

“Clearly it’s in that violation spectrum for the NCAA,” said B. David Ridpath, a former college administrator who is professor of sports administration at Ohio University.

I eagerly await the NCAA's findings!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom