I saw dc2 at the Fayetteville YMCA tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I saw dc2 at the Fayetteville YMCA tonight

[quote="CaptainJ, post: 259721, member: 1553" Did Scoop eat a thickburger during drills one day or something?[/quote]
Cj Fair = Thickburger

[quote="CaptainJ, post: 259721, member: 1553" Did Scoop eat a thickburger during drills one day or something?
Cj Fair = Thickburger[/quote]

Alright, you're killing me here... It's obvious I don't know this, so can you tell me why? I don't know all the board lingo yet. I just found out what Bevo was, and today it is Thickburger's turn! I am working my way up to being a SUF jedi the hard way. Wax on, wax off.

Cj Fair = Thickburger

Alright, you're killing me here... It's obvious I don't know this, so can you tell me why? I don't know all the board lingo yet. I just found out what Bevo was, and today it is Thickburger's turn! I am working my way up to being a SUF jedi the hard way. Wax on, wax off.[/quote]

you just had to be there man

Yeah you're right, it's been awhile, I'm sorry. But I saw 25th Hour recently, and Bunk did that same sheeeeeeit in it, so I guess my mind mixed up my memories. Maybe I was drunk while I was watching it. That's one of the things I liked about Bunk, he and McNulty were always drunk and doing things they'd arrest us for doing.
Carl Jr. Thickburger. CJ = Carl Jr.

Dammit, I thought it was Hardees or something. Thanks man.

Ok, my next step in Jedi training requires me to inquire about the guy with sexual thickburger as his sig. Did he fornicate with a Carl's Junior burger during pledging or on a lonely night or something? Step by step I am patiently elevating my path to wisdom concerning SU online fandom. One day I am to be an adept. I wish David Carradine were still alive to reenact my role some day when it is time to tell the tale.

Ok, my next step in Jedi training requires me to inquire about the guy with sexual thickburger as his sig. Did he fornicate with a Carl's Junior burger during pledging or on a lonely night or something? Step by step I am patiently elevating my path to wisdom concerning SU online fandom. One day I am to be an adept. I wish David Carradine were still alive to reenact my role some day when it is time to tell the tale.
Upstate you want to clarify this for him?

Upstate you want to clarify this for him?
I wouldn't touch explaining this with an 11-foot pole, which is what I save for things I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole.

I wouldn't touch explaining this with an 11-foot pole, which is what I save for things I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole.
would you touch a 10 foot pole with an 11 foot pole?

He looked real good. Not overweight at all. Just a big chest and wide shoulders. He was curling 45 lbs and had a big sweat going on. It looks like he will work hard and is already putting in the effort. Those wide shoulders and big chest are going to work well in the big east. He did not look that overweight st all. Sure he could lose 15 lbs, but he looks well on the way to doing that.

Hmm .. a worthless exercise .. now if was snatching the 32kg kettlebell for reps I'ld take notice ..

This gets a genuine like from me, because I know at least for me, it really is all good natured, and I appreciate that you seem to be aware of that.

My needling is good natured as well. I just find it interesting that he twitter-stalks people and can destroy all the loudmouthed whiner premadonnas that play over at the East Area Y. Some of those guys deserve a good tea-bagging. ;)

I'm all for a separate BERNIEFEVERCUSE forum, though. :D

would you touch a 10 foot pole with an 11 foot pole?
Yes, unless it's so incredibly obscene that I need to use a 12-foot pole, which I save for things that I wouldn't touch with an 11-foot pole, which is actually what I save for things I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole.

Oh gawd...lets not start that Thickburger stuff again

Actually, CaptainJ, you are correct. The Thickburger is served by Hardee's. Carl's Jr.'s prime hamburger selection is called The Six Dollar Burger.

You may ask, why is CJ Fair called Thickburger, and not The Six Dollar Burger? It's quite simple. Hardee's and Carl's Jr. are owned by the same company - Hardee's is the franchise name for the Eastern US, and Carl's Jr. is the franchise name for the Western US. I had originally dubbed CJ Six Dollar Burger given his initials and the initials for Carl's Jr., and then thought better of it, because Syracuse is Eastern and the Six Dollar Burger reference would be lost on those familiar with Hardee's and not Carl's Jr. Thus, the logical nickname to bestow upon CJ was Thickburger.

I also nicknamed Dion Waiters Thickburger, but that's a story for another day.

For several days, weeks, or months (who can remember) the board was in a mild Thickburger hysteria. The legend continues to live on, which pisses the living Hell out of some board members. I on the other hand am delighted.

Actually, CaptainJ, you are correct. The Thickburger is served by Hardee's. Carl's Jr.'s prime hamburger selection is called The Six Dollar Burger.

You may ask, why is CJ Fair called Thickburger, and not The Six Dollar Burger? It's quite simple. Hardee's and Carl's Jr. are owned by the same company - Hardee's is the franchise name for the Eastern US, and Carl's Jr. is the franchise name for the Western US. I had originally dubbed CJ Six Dollar Burger given his initials and the initials for Carl's Jr., and then thought better of it, because Syracuse is Eastern and the Six Dollar Burger reference would be lost on those familiar with Hardee's and not Carl's Jr. Thus, the logical nickname to bestow upon CJ was Thickburger.

I also nicknamed Dion Waiters Thickburger, but that's a story for another day.

For several days, weeks, or months (who can remember) the board was in a mild Thickburger hysteria. The legend continues to live on, which pisses the living Hell out of some board members. I on the other hand am delighted.
that thread was epic, is all I'm saying

Funniest part was both CJ and Dion were nicknamed "thickburger"

Then someone goes

"I don't know much about Matt Clyde-Lajuste, but I know he's from Mt. Vernon, so he can be called thickburger as well."

Great times last offseason

that thread was epic, is all I'm saying
I appreciate the support.

In all honesty though, I thought the best nickname that came out of that was the person that took my suggestion of Snappy Griller for Cooney and suggested White Hot, which pays homage to Cooney's name, shooting ability, and the CNY delicacy commonly known as the white hot, and is a nickname which I would also say is in no way racist.

In all honesty though, I thought the best nickname that came out of that was the person that took my suggestion of Snappy Griller for Cooney and suggested White Hot, which pays homage to Cooney's name, shooting ability, and the CNY delicacy commonly known as the white hot, and is a nickname which I would also say is in no way racist.
white hot was genius. Who suggested that again?

white hot was genius. Who suggested that again?
No idea, but they should get credit. Great nickname and I hope it sticks, if for no other reason than because I'd love to hear someone like Dan Shulman explain the nickname during a broadcast.

In all honesty though, I thought the best nickname that came out of that was the person that took my suggestion of Snappy Griller for Cooney and suggested White Hot, and is a nickname which I would also say is in no way racist.
If Kobe can be called the black mamba when why not call Cooney white hot on TV? That'd be awesome

This is just an excuse to talk about the greatest show ever made. And mention that MCW looks like Wallace.

You should have been yelling "Where the is Wallace!?" during most of our games this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom