i still can't believe Aaron Donald | Syracusefan.com

i still can't believe Aaron Donald

Millhouse

Living Legend

some grantland link to a link to a link

if he were a little less great against SU but still killed them, it would be more painful to watch. but he was so great, you end up forgetting how much it sucked and just marvel at the best game anyone's ever had in any sport ever

as time goes by, you end up remembering things as bigger and better than they actually were but the legend of aaron donald isn't an exaggeration.

i don't care if it's SU, i want a gif of that blocked kick. that poor center.

I remember Brian Kelly saying something to the effect that Notre Dame would have beat Pitt if it wasn't for Aaron Donald.

I have a lot of respect for Aaron Donald. Hope he has a great career.

Nothing better than watching a dominate defensive lineman performance. Reminds me of Art's game against ND. Also, don't think I've ever seen someone tackle both the running back and quarterback at the same time. That was hilarious.

Nothing better than watching a dominate defensive lineman performance. Reminds me of Art's game against ND. Also, don't think I've ever seen someone tackle both the running back and quarterback at the same time. That was hilarious.
Tim Green vs. Army.

We've had good luck with DTs playing against ND. In 2003, Ferrara and Gachelin just abused ND's OL in the Dome. Probably the best combined DT performance I've ever seen from SU.

Hope somebody keeps that tradition alive in the 2014 game. We'll need it.

As for Donald, he's going to be a great pro. Rams will be thrilled.

if he were a little less great against SU but still killed them, it would be more painful to watch. but he was so great, you end up forgetting how much it sucked and just marvel at the best game anyone's ever had in any sport ever

as time goes by, you end up remembering things as bigger and better than they actually were but the legend of aaron donald isn't an exaggeration.

Amen Brother. I am sure in my 40 years of following us, I did not see ONE defensive player as unstoppable as Donald against us. Tim Green and Dan Conley at their best didn't dominate like that. St. Louis made some HUGE strides with their team. They were not that far away.
Note after reading other posts: Yes Tim vs Army you are right. And Freeney vs Vick .Touche!

For all practical purposes, the kid is unblockable. Ridiculously quick off the ball, ridiculously strong...dominant in every aspect of the word.

Art Jones had that great game at ND back in 08 maybe. Donald is so impressive can't hate.

Millhouse, I have been dying to hear your take on the watkins trade.

I was so pissed he went right before my bears picked

So what exactly will his pro position translate to : Nose Tackle, Inside LB, half the time he plays like a DE? Or he is one of those unique players that redefine those label (At least with regard to himself). Kind of how Lawrence Taylor redefined Outside Linebacker.

Millhouse: I just watched that video (and I do realize its just clips), and I saw his game vs us, but there was a lot of wild "Holy SH*&*" plays against other teams more than us. Him playing againt Non-Power Conference teams should have been illegal. The one where he tackled the Duke QB and RB at the same time. Just wow.
Our game he was certainly flashy enough, but his strength was in the 4th Quarter especially, when he stopped one play after another methodically. And he blocks the XP that was ultimately the GW.
I still refer to the score that day as Aaron Donald 17 SU 16.

Last edited:
dasher said:
Millhouse, I have been dying to hear your take on the watkins trade.
I assume that's a joke because I've already posted too much about it!

Loved the Lions passing on him to pick up a friggin' tight end.

Who really isn't a tight end. Like Tony Gonzalez he is a big slow wide receiver who lines up next to a tackle.

So how was he not the first guy drafted? For his size he's every bit the athlete that Clowney is and he's a better player. What a steal at number 13. He may be the best DT I've seen in college. Kid is just incredible

I very rarely notice individual defensive players on the other team. But even I was watching our game vs Pitt last year and noticed this guy was flat out dominating the game and kicking butt.

2010 - Ndamukong Suh
2011 - Nick Fairley
2013 - Ezekiel Ansah

He's was definitely the best available pick, but the Lions already have their defensive line solidified. Apparently the Lions attempted to trade down but no one was biting, so they took the second highest offensive guy on their board (Sammy Watkins was their highest).

Donald was a freak in college but isn't he 6 feet even in height? I think he might have a problem at DE in the NFL.

Donald was a freak in college but isn't he 6 feet even in height? I think he might have a problem at DE in the NFL.
Freeney was about 6'. Donald is a good enough athlete to make it happen.

Cyril Richardson fell to Buffalo because of Aaron Donald. I'm at work so I cant link the video but he absolutely annhilated him in a a one on one drill. Marrone even referenced that particular drill as the reason Richardson fell so far and Buffalo was able to grab him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom