I thin we played our way to a 3... win tomorrow and we are a 2 | Syracusefan.com

I thin we played our way to a 3... win tomorrow and we are a 2

OrangeFoo

All American
If we are a two we end up in Indiana's bracket if we are a three we end up in the bracket with the weakest 1 seed/strongest 2. I for one would love to be in Indiana's or Duke's bracket. I want nothing to do with any one of Pitt/Gtown/Marquette/Louisville until the final four... they know how to beat us and I don't want to play them in the sweet 16.

We are the X-factor this year... Our zone D is the best I've ever seen it and out offense is the most bi-polar I've ever seen. If we hit enough shots we can beat anyone in the country because our D will let us stay in the game... I could also see us going out in round 2 to a team like VCU. We are going to bust some brackets one way or another.

I think the Hoyas are good but they don't have enough offense to get to the Final Four... Porter isn't good enough to pull a Danny Manning.

I think a three seed is realistic now. And a win tomorrow would mean a 2. Things change quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

3 is our absolute ceiling. We are a 4 right now. The only way we get a 3 is by winning tomorrow.

No.

3 is our absolute ceiling. We are a 4 right now. The only way we get a 3 is by winning tomorrow.
How do you explain OSU having 7 losses and being a 2 seed lock right now?

Our zone D is the best I've ever seen it

Really? I hate to be a naysayer but even a BE championship will not get us a #2 seed. And our D is solid but last year's was better.

Just trying to figure out forum logic here. I'm happy with whatever seed we get.

If anyone thinks a 2 is in play, please contact me for the bridge I'd like to get rid of.
Have you ever bet a game before? Hell somebody put their second mortgage on Pitt covering 2 days ago.

If we are a two we end up in Indiana's bracket if we are a three we end up in the bracket with the weakest 1 seed/strongest 2. I for one would love to be in Indiana's or Duke's bracket. I want nothing to do with any one of Pitt/Gtown/Marquette/Louisville until the final four... they know how to beat us and I don't want to play them in the sweet 16.

We are the X-factor this year... Our zone D is the best I've ever seen it and out offense is the most bi-polar I've ever seen. If we hit enough shots we can beat anyone in the country because our D will let us stay in the game... I could also see us going out in round 2 to a team like VCU. We are going to bust some brackets one way or another.

I think the Hoyas are good but they don't have enough offense to get to the Final Four... Porter isn't good enough to pull a Danny Manning.

no chance whatsoever. Absolutely no chance for a 2 and we only have a 25% chance at a 3.

Our seed will probably be 4. If its a 3 then great. Arizona losing helped. New Mexico winning didnt as well as Sparty winning.

The 2 is not happening. Trust me

I think you need to realize other conference tournaments exist. Miami, Kansas St, New Mexico, Florida, Michigan St, Buckeyes are all in front of us and still alive. We cannot pass em if they win (or in some cases merely make final of tourney)

Six teams are clearly in front of us even if we win tomorrow -- Indiana, Duke, gonzaga, Louisville, hoyas, kansas.

Personally I feel debate for final 3 comes down to us and Michigan if we win. (as long as Kansas St does not win B12) I feel committee could go anywere on it.

I think you need to realize other conference tournaments exist.

This^^^ Its not about what we do. Other teams ahead of us keep winning and are not dropping below us.

I think your smoking good dope. No way we are a two. Lucky if we get a three.

How do you explain OSU having 7 losses and being a 2 seed lock right now?
I don't think they are a 2 lock. But they are also ranked 9 spots ahead of us in one poll and 11 in the other. If they win the B10 title, they ARE a 2 seed lock, because they will finish the season as a pretty much consensus top 5-8 team based on their current ranking, strength of schedule, RPI, etc.

At this point the best we can hope for is probably vaulting to 12 or so, which is the only way we get a 3 seed. We are a 4. There's nothing wrong with that. It's actually pretty damn good.

3 is the best we can do.
By the way, its pulling a melo!

I'd love a 3. The NC team was a 3 in the East. I sense some symmetry.

I don't think they are a 2 lock. But they are also ranked 9 spots ahead of us in one poll and 11 in the other. If they win the B10 title, they ARE a 2 seed lock, because they will finish the season as a pretty much consensus top 5-8 team based on their current ranking, strength of schedule, RPI, etc.

At this point the best we can hope for is probably vaulting to 12 or so, which is the only way we get a 3 seed. We are a 4. There's nothing wrong with that. It's actually pretty damn good.
Yeah it doesn't matter where we are at this point.

I can tell you we are jumping Buzz tonight thats for sure.

We have no chance in hell of being ABOVE (not equal but above) the following 6:

Indiana
Duke
Gonzaga
Kansas
Louiasville
Georgetown

After this, you are talking about Florida, New Mexico, Miami, and Mich St./OSU

Every one of the schools in the latter bracket won their conference AND is still alive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom