I think Florida may get a few 1st place votes tommorow. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I think Florida may get a few 1st place votes tommorow.

You can debate who is the better team.

But there is no debate as who should be ranked #1
I don't understand this logic. The voters should vote for who they think is the best team. Doing anything else would not make sense.

I don't understand this logic. The voters should vote for who they think is the best team. Doing anything else would not make sense.

They should vote for the team who has accomplished the most. In this case it is clear, and should be unanimous.

If we played Florida on a neutral court tomorrow, arguments could be made both ways. It would not be unanimous.

heard dukie vee say last night that right now the SEC only deserves two bids.

We can't cut the field back to 60 teams. We have to put 68 in. No way the SEC ends up with 2.

SEC is all over the bubble - Tennessee, Ole Miss, Missouri, LSU, Arkansas. They can't all lose down the stretch or when they play each other. One or two will probably rise above the rest, and be on the right side of the bubble It will end up as probably a 4 big league (could fall to 3).

I don't care ... as long as we get the #1 in the East that's all that matters. And I believe the committee wants us there. We have been the most dramatic team all year. And people love drama.

We are the #1 loved team in the nation. Either you love to love us or you love to hate us. Either way people will tune in to show their affection.

Nova Pitt twice and duke.
Oh yeah 2 months, so you're right.

But come Selection Sunday we will probably only have 3 currently ranked teams on our schedule (UVA, Duke, Nova); Florida will probably have 5 (Kansas, Memphis, UConn, Wisconsin, UK). I know it matters more when you play them though.

Oh yeah 2 months, so you're right.

But come Selection Sunday we will probably only have 3 currently ranked teams on our schedule (UVA, Duke, Nova); Florida will probably have 5 (Kansas, Memphis, UConn, Wisconsin, UK). I know it matters more when you play them though.

For seeding purposes, no. If committee views a team as top 25 at year end, you beat a top 25 teams no matter when you played them. Their ranking at the time of the victory was irrelevant.

North Carolina and Pittsburgh could both be ranked. UNC has won 7 in a row and Pitt just lost to both UNC and us - hardly bad losses - they could work their way back in with a solid finish. Although, I'd be happy if they lost every game they play from here on out :)

My son said the same thing to me last night. I have no doubt Fla will garner a couple of first place votes. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. They are chasing the #1 seed in the South, not the East. Right now SU and Duke are the only real challengers for that slot. Florida looks solid for the South unless Duke somehow takes that #1 with a win over us and Florida loses on the way to the SEC title. I think the BiG teams beating up on one another only helps Wichita State stay in the picture for the #1 seed in the Midwest. Right now it's between them and KU, thanks to the MSU loss today. The West will undoubtedly be Arizona unless they lose one more and lose early in their tournament...highly unlikely.

Let Fla have some first place votes. I just want Baye healthy for Duke and beyond. If he is, I'm not scared of anyone.

The won in Rupp. They have their team back together and have won 17 in a row. We had two close games that some voters may see as lucky wins.

No big deal we just have to keep winning!

since college hoops polls mean nothing

http://files.myopera.com/comeaujim/albums/798930/who%20in%20cares.jpg

My son said the same thing to me last night. I have no doubt Fla will garner a couple of first place votes. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. They are chasing the #1 seed in the South, not the East. Right now SU and Duke are the only real challengers for that slot. Florida looks solid for the South unless Duke somehow takes that #1 with a win over us and Florida loses on the way to the SEC title. I think the BiG teams beating up on one another only helps Wichita State stay in the picture for the #1 seed in the Midwest. Right now it's between them and KU, thanks to the MSU loss today. The West will undoubtedly be Arizona unless they lose one more and lose early in their tournament...highly unlikely.

Let Fla have some first place votes. I just want Baye healthy for Duke and beyond. If he is, I'm not scared of anyone.
why do you say that? they lost their starting PF. This week they have two road games, 1) Utah who almost beat them in Zona with that PF and 2) Colorado desperate for a big win since losing Dinwiddie(sp)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom