I think Gbinije playing on the Nigerian national team... | Syracusefan.com

I think Gbinije playing on the Nigerian national team...

RF2044

Living Legend
...this past summer has paid huge dividends. Playing against men / professional players helped him take his game up a notch. It isn't just shooting--he is playing like a man among boys. His shooting percentages are sick.

Whatever he did in the offseason worked, I can't remember a player ever developing their shooting as well as he has over the course of one year.

As good as Grayson Allen and a few others around the league are, and as orange-colored as my glasses obviously are... I'm confident we got ourselves the best player in the ACC.

RF2044 said:
...this past summer has paid huge dividends. Playing against men / professional players helped him take his game up a notch. It isn't just shooting--he is playing like a man among boys. His shooting percentages are sick.

At the risk of being labeled a Gbinje apologist, he has improved unbelievably since his sophomore year, which was a train wreck. Wish he'd still get a little better at the line.

At the risk of being labeled a Gbinje apologist, he has improved unbelievably since his sophomore year, which was a train wreck. Wish he'd still get a little better at the line.

I was really excited when he transferred, and couldn't wait to see him play when we did the Canadian tour. I came away from those three games puzzled about how slow and unathletic he seemed to play. He certainly didn't seem to be the dynamic scoring McD's all american he was coming out of high school. He started off so poorly his junior year, and then really got better once he was inserted into the starting lineup. He was dominant at times last year, but he's bringing it consistently this year. The transformation is impressive.

I know he wasn't on the NBA radar for the most part heading into the season, but he's got to be opening eyes now. We can win a lot of games with him as our top player / go to guy. The shooting is stellar.

I was really excited when he transferred, and couldn't wait to see him play when we did the Canadian tour. I came away from those three games puzzled about how slow and unathletic he seemed to play. He certainly didn't seem to be the dynamic scoring McD's all american he was coming out of high school. He started off so poorly his junior year, and then really got better once he was inserted into the starting lineup. He was dominant at times last year, but he's bringing it consistently this year. The transformation is impressive.

I know he wasn't on the NBA radar for the most part heading into the season, but he's got to be opening eyes now. We can win a lot of games with him as our top player / go to guy. The shooting is stellar.

Ditto to your first two sentences. At one point I was pretty certain he was heading nowhere fast - I hate agreeing with Jay Williams in general, but like he said in one of the pre-games, it's been really nice to watch G blossom throughout his time from Duke to Syracuse (although I don't recollect much of his season with the Blue Devils tbh).

He had that stretch last year where he was absolutely dominant, and he seems to be doing that again - but he seems even more dynamic/confident/versatile so I would be surprised to see a major drop-off. It's going to be fun watching him this year.

Gbinije averaged 5 assists per game during a 12 game acc stretch,
and he averaged 17.7 ppg in a 8 game acc stretch. These numbers are also coming from last year.
No doubt the nigerian team helped but I wouldn't say its the reason.

Not a criticism just a observations. He hasn't shot one three off a bounce since the exhibitions or maybe opening night. Malachi is the guy whos comfortable off the bounce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom